Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, had my surgery yesterday. Everything went well. Unfortunately, I don't have a recliner so the hardest part is getting up and down. Any suggestions to help? My poor Mom has been helping me, but I don't want her to hurt her back! Otherwise I feel pretty good. Have a headache from the pain meds, or so they think that that is the cause. I think I might have had too much to drink because I coughed up my pain meds with some icky stuff. Is that sliming? What is the best position to be in? Sitting up? Or lying down? Thanks so much!

Congrats & Welcome to Band-Land!

I go from sitting on the couch, to lying in the bed, to sitting in a chair - to just plain old walking... even if its just from room to room throughout the house. You might to keep trying until you find something comfortable.

I had a headache until I was able to get a cup of coffee. Had to have it black for the first 2 days. Then, I was a allowed a smiggen of cream (THAT VARIES BY DOCTORS). It helped my headache.

Feel better very soon. And I'll be thinking of your Mom... that's so sweet that she's helping.

I found it easier to be in bed but propped up on lots of pillows (kind of like I was sitting in the hospital bed). Just take your time getting up and if you can scootch to the edge of the bed you can use your arms to push up. I'm only 11 days out and have no problem getting out of bed but getting off the couch or out of the car still make me wince a bit. Just remember that tomorrow you'll feel twice as good as you do today and then tomorrow, tell yourself that again. I switched to liquid tylenol as soon as I got out of the hospital since it seemed easier on my stomach. Good luck to you!!

Congrats and Glad you are feeling good.. I found it easiest to roll on to my right side with my legs hanging off bed and push up with my arms.. Just make sure you use your arms do not use your abdominal muscles or you will be in a lot of pain.. They need to heal :laugh: I have a recliner, but I was told not to use it because people tend to not get up right. So I never did, but just make sure you are taking it easy and being careful.. Best wishes heal fast :)

Thanks for the advice. Sitting seems to be good for now and then I kind of slouch down to sleep. I can't seem to roll on either side because it hurts too much. I didn't stay overnight in the hospital so maybe that would have been different. I do hope the pain will be better each day! Good luck to you all!

Congrats on your surgery. You will be all healed up and buzzing around everywhere when I get home from surgery in exactly two weeks from today! Keep us posted on your journey. Can't wait to join you in bandster land.

Today was a little better pain wise, but I had a little bit of V8 as it is on my approved list and I think it was too acidic. So, I had to take some anti-nausea medicine. Live and learn! Do y'all feel better with warm liquids? I'm wondering if I'm also doing too much cold stuff, but that seems to be all that I want!

A lot of people said they warm liquids help with the gas.. I never did warm liquids .. I was not really in the mood to eat or drink so I just drank what I had and got it down ha ha.. I think I did have broth once and it was pretty good feeling in the throat.. Glad you are doing better

Well, I WAS doing better. Now I have a horrible muscle spasm on my left side. I have a call into my doc's office to see what to do. Right now I'm heating it and keeping still. I'm getting antsy! But, I'm not hungry and feel great in that respect, so it will be worth it in the end!

Hi everyone,

I was banded monday and I have mostly had an uneventful recovery.

My time right after surgery was awful and i was completely nauseous:confused_smile: and wondering if I had made some horrible mistake. I was up pretty much every hour that night and sucking down that vicodin like it was going out of style.

Now that a few days have past I'm feeling so much better and have been in contact with the doctor's office everyday....I like how they keep calling until they got a hold of me.

Here's to a speedy recovery for all:thumbup:

Cattoy... Glad to hear you are doing better.. Good Luck and I hope your post op continues to be healthy and easy.. Take care and keep us posted :)

Glad you are feeling better. I was really lucky that I didn't have nausea except for the V8 incident. I started having a back spasm yesterday from not moving enough. So, trying to move around more today. I am definitely feeling better today. I had a ton of strange dreams last night though where I kept forgetting that I can't eat and I would eat and then have to spit it out. Very strange!

TRAVEL.... speaking of dreams... when i was in my liquid phase I kept dreaming of cheerios... I wonder if someone can interpret that one ha ha Good stuff dreaming of food when you can't have it.. and here is the bigger kicker.. I COULD actually have cheerios now, but I have not ha ha