Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 meals a day

My doctor and nutritionist say I should be going toward 3 meals per day. I just can't seem to do it! I was also told to eat Protein so I am not hungry for 3-4 hours.

That means I should be eating Breakfast at 8 am, lunch at 12, dinner at 4???

Right now I need to have Breakfast at 6:30 or 7:00, lunch at 12:00, dinner at 7:30, so obviously I need to snack in between!! How on EARTH do people do three meals a day? I am doing 5 maybe 6 a day!! I am sticking within the calories but not losing.

I tried only having drinks until 8:00, but then I get too busy with work and forget to eat! I am a teacher and can't stop to eat between 8:30-10:45 because we are in class. Everyone has a snack at 10:45 but that seems too close to lunch for me... however I often have the snack because the last time I ate was 6:30 or 7:00.... I am very confused!!! I am often having a snack at 4:00 or 4:30 when school is out and I have time to STOP, and then eating again at home after my exercise class around 7:30ish.

Edited by littlefroggy

I feel the same way!! I havent had any fills yet....and hopefully when I do, I will be able to make it between meals! I have been really good about not snacking..but sometimes I get SO hungry between lunch and dinner and drinking Water isnt cutting it so I will have a piece of turkey. Hopefully we will soon reach a point where we can go from Breakfast to lunch to dinner without getting hungry in between! Congrats on your weight loss so far! :crying:

I feel the same way!! I havent had any fills yet....and hopefully when I do, I will be able to make it between meals! I have been really good about not snacking..but sometimes I get SO hungry between lunch and dinner and drinking Water isnt cutting it so I will have a piece of turkey. Hopefully we will soon reach a point where we can go from breakfast to lunch to dinner without getting hungry in between! Congrats on your weight loss so far! :smile2:

Well, I have NOT been good about not snacking! I emailed the dietician to see what she says.

Good for you! You have amazing will-power!:crying:

Of course, you should do what your doc says.....

but here's my experience - restriction has so much to do with not getting hungry between meals, and so until you get there, no snacking can be very hard to do. When I got my latest fill, I was getting hungry before dinner, so I called my nurse, and she said to add a small snack, such as yogurt. For me, if I get too hungry, I will eat more than I need to, or eat unhealthy foods. So long as you are sticking to your target calorie goal each day, I don't see how a 100 cal snack could hurt, especially if it keeps you from overeating later.

How on EARTH do people do three meals a day? I am doing 5 maybe 6 a day!! I am sticking within the calories but not losing.

i don't stick to 3 meals a day - doesn't work with my lifestyle & activity. it's a process in finding out what: calories / meals choice & frequency PLUS restriction..... will take for weightloss. everyone is diff & every doc has certain requirements. my surgeon suggests 1 snack a day for those not actively exercising - at least 2 for those that are. i have found i have to play around w/my food OFTEN, meals as well as how many - be that shocking the body and mixing things up??? who knows, it's still so up in the air what will work one day for me vs another...

all the best~

www.bodyforlife.com

they go based on 5-6 meals a day.. all small meals, such protien/ carb anf veggies free foods if you can get them down after the protien/ carb combo. I am going to do that again. i failed the first time before surgury.. but now it should be alot easier. i always followed the weight training but i will do the workout plan. also a free day a week eat whatever you want. keep your body guessing. anyway good luck! :D

For some reason I think that some doctors try to starve the pounds away. I truly don't get the pholosophy of 3 meals a day. I personally have always had 2 healthy Snacks between my meals. For me I choose fruit. There is no way that this is going to hurt weight loss. It is only going to give your body the nutrients it needs. This also helps to not overeat or eat to fast during your meals. The lap band is suppose to help teach us healthier behaviors. To me not eating, or just eating 1/4 of food 3x's a day is not a reality. It would not work for me, I exercise almost every day and could not do that on that amount of food. I'm looking for health not anorexia. If you need more food, eat it. As long as its healthy. Don't let the clock tell you when breakfast, lunch, and dinner is. You have to work it around your schedule. Just like the band everyone is different and you have to adjust it to your needs and lifestyle, otherwise it is just another diet and not a lifestyle change. Good Luck