Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Note to Self..."

So as I was leaving work yesterday afternoon for my hour drive home, I thought it would be a good idea to take a bite or two of a slice of pizza to keep me going until I got home. Boy, was I wrong! I pulled over on the highway twice to PB and then finally had to stop at a gas station. I've had food stuck before and have PB'd as well...but it has never been this bad.

So note to self...don't stuff your face with food before getting in the car! And make sure to always have extra napkins in your car as well! Lesson learned! :cool2:

Haven't dared to try bread products or Pizza Crust yet. Sorry you had such a negative experience. I have been stuck once...on a deviled egg. Lasted about 6 hours and was miserable. I had hard boiled eggs many times b/4 and they went down great. I am not so willing to try them ever again. We all learn after something like that, don't we?

I've not had pizza or bread products yet either for that same reason. But I have had the PB in the car episode. It was on one, and I swear it was only one, french fry I stole from my husband. I now have the car stocked in napkins! We were in the mountains looking at the leaves and elk and just grabbed lunch on the run and I wasn't being real mindful of how I chewed the french fry I guess.

Been there...chicken strips....my friend was in a panic cause she could find me a gas station or anyplace for me to ...well you know!!!

hi! i have not had this experience so far - thankfully - BUT will heed your advice and get napkins into my car today! i have had the 'oh gosh, did i chew that enough' feeling and have 'slimed' but so far that's it. great advice, thanks! sorry you've had that yucky experience!

I haven't had any PBs yet, thank goodness. I've been stuck a couple of times though, and I have a mental list of those foods to avoid. I've had pizza a couple of times...always thing crust and always crispy. No problems there, but I can only eat one or two slices where before I could finish off 1/2 to a whole pizza. I really haven't had the desire to have bread products.

I had someone tell me that she keeps a box of sandwich bags in her car for PB episodes. I personally think that sounds yucky, but if I ever have a PB I might change my mind. I think the napkins sound better, but I'm passing on the other advice in case someone else likes the idea.

I have had the PB in the car experience and TX Diva - thanks so much for passing that on. I was trying to drink Water to help it down and let me tell you it would have taken a lot of napkins to absorb all that water! I'm putting sandwich bags in my car as soon as I get home.