Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

More Fill Problems

But I think we caught this one in time.

As many of you know, I had a fill on May 27th. Dr. Martinez was on the consevative side knowing I've had fill problems in the past. The 1st 2 weeks it felt like nothing. Then I made a poor choice & PB'd. Went on liquids immediately for 1 day, felt very tight when I resumed eating but I thought it was from that time of the month. Anyway, it was getting worse & worse although I could eat some solids at night so I thought it was getting beter. I think stress could have contributed also, cause my husband is really not doing well & will probably be hospitalized tomorrow or Thursday.

Since this weekend it's actually started hurting even when drinking & forget about trying to eat. I called Dr. Martinez today. He told me the following: 1) Maalox or Pepto (hate Pepto) 2 TBSP. 4X/day. Very important to coat the esophogus. 2) Only liquids for 1 week. Slimfast is fine, so not Clear Liquids only, but nothing thick. 3) Crush ALL pills. Anything extended release, call the doctor & find a replacement. I'm o.k. w/all meds except Wellbutrin, have to find out tommorow if there's a plain one, not XR or XL to take. Otherwise I have to go without for a week. I have to call him in a week & let him know how I'm doing (of course before if something is worse, but I doubt it cause I'm already feeling better from the Maalox & that lovely liquid pain med I stil have a little of.)

So, that's my story, thought it might be helpful in case anyone else starts to go through the same thing.

karen, sorry to hear you are not doing too good, but stress can do strange things to your band. just keep doing the liquids, I had the same feeling when I had esophagitis and I did exactly what you are doing . Dr. Martinez gave me the same instructions and it worked and I was better in 2 weeks. Pbing can make your esophagus very irritated.

I hope things get better for your husband , How is Hanna doing? She starts solids this week doesn't she?

Hi Karen,

First, thanks so much for your encouragement and comments about my fill issues. I am so frustrated with fills and jealous of those who manage to find a happy medium.

My prayers and positive thought go to both you and your husband that you will weather this storm. Take care.

Karen - Glad to hear you are feeling a little better. Like Michelle, I think stress is a really big factor. I know you are going through a lot right now with your DH. Sending you hugs and prayers!angel-smiley-015.gif

Karen-So sorry you're having problems. I'm having to start really watching mine too as I don't want it to get as bad as before when I had to have a bit of an unfill. I'm starting back on my aloe vera juice to take care of my throat! You take care lady.

Karen

sorry to hear you're having a rough time, I do hope things will improve for both you and you're husband.

Will be thinking of you both

Gaynor (UK)

l