Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 6 months post op, tomorrow. I just wanted to put out there how disappointed I've been in the group that performed my surgery, TLC Edge in Dallas, Tx. The post- op services that they promised and said were included have been virtually non-existant. My appointments for my fills have been moved (time and location) on several occassions, without my knowledge. I just want to caution anyone who's thinking about using them to look elsewhere - for your own good.

I'm really sorry you've been unhappy with the services at TLCEdge. If you've read the other TLCEdge thread on here, you'll see that everyone who used them has been very pleased & happy with them. I also am 6 months post op as of tomorrow. We must have been banded on the same day. I guess I didnt expect much so I wasn't disappointed, but I feel like I got what I paid for. Maybe you should call Cynthia and have a chat with her about the things you've been unhappy with.

I may have expected too much because I know the people at the top of the parent company and know how impecibly things run there. Cynthia has been understanding, admits to the problems, but has not been able to fix things as of yet. They're having a staff meeting tomorrow and Hope said that she was going to bring up these issues. I plan to call Dr. Scott Connor, the director and give my feedback directly to him.

How hysterical that we were banded the same day!!! I was the last one of the day, but we were probably laying around in the same area at some point

Well, maybe I didn't know what I was missing. You might want to be a bit more specific with your complaints if you're going to slam them publicly for things they didn't do. Give them a fair chance to defend themselves, since I know Cynthia posts here regularly.

In my opinion, the only problem I ever saw was in getting the fills. Since George is the only one doing them and he floats around, it's sometimes difficult to get in when you need to.

I was the second patient that morning and was home by 11am, so I doubt we were there at the same time.

Do not get hostile with me! If you want specifics, I'd be more than happy to provide them, although it would take an EXTREMELY long thread. Let's see...........showing up at noon at prestonwood for my fill - just to be toldl "oh, we moved you to 11:00 in Duncanville" - in MY opinion is a problem!!!

I am not intimidated by the fact that Cynthia posts here. I have a right to express my opinions, as do you. As far as "slamming them for things they didn't do". How in the world would you know???? You aren't in my shoes.

TLC is unorganized and has no follow through - in MY experience. If you've had a different experience, good for you.

Cynthia, Hope, and the rest of the group have admitted to these problems - so I don't know why you're getting hostile. You appear to have little tolerance for others expressing their feelings, which is sad for you. Perhaps you have other issues.

If anyone EVER asks me about TLC Edge, I will discourage them from using them!

This was in NO way intended to be "hostile".. just trying to be fair. Just because YOU had a bad experience doesn't mean that everyone else has or will. Give them a chance- they just opened that location 6 months ago! Sure it'll take some time to work things out, but if we discourage people from going there, they'll never get the chance. Heaven knows, we NEED more places like them, helping people. Nobody is perfect.. WE, of all people, should know that!

And for the record, I'm all for freedom to express your feelings and opinions, but I'm also all for giving others the right to defend THEIRS.

Sorry you took offense to MY opinions.

I agree with dfwdoodles. I went and gave TLC $400 for the first fill and xray and they only gave me a fill with .4cc. I was not told that in the beginning. I had my surgery elsewhere and moved. I had been getting fills with my other Dr. and he always gave me 1cc for $125. I asked them why only .4cc and the response I received was that is the was the recommendation by the maufactuer of my band. In other words, my other doctor was incorrect. The fills are given by an assistant so when they tell me a "Dr." is wrong over an assistant, I have a problem with that. I also had absolutely no restriction after the fill. When I brought it to The their attention, I got a 1 sentence email reply that someone would call me back. Never got that call. So basically it would take 3 drs. office visits to get 1 cc of saline. It is pretty obvious this is a nickel and diming it situation.

I was so upset, I felt like I had been taken.

lambishop,

My name is Cynthia and I am a Program director for TLCEdge. Please, please, please call me at 214-243-0840. This is my personal cell. I know for a fact that Tamisha has been trying to call you. We think one of the numbers you left was transcribed. Also, please know that every visit is not $400.00, just the first one. She is trying to get in touch with you. She wants you to come in.

I wanted to retract a post I replied to on this thread about TLC Edge. I owe Cynthia and Tamisha an apology as I was really misinformed about my fill.

I apologize and I would delete my comment, but I have not figured out how.

I have been out of town for spring break and I made an appointment with my former band Doctor ( I moved) and we found out that I have a leaking port which is the cause of me having no restriction. It is Not TLC Edge's fault at all.

I now have to figure out if I will replace it in Texas or go to Mexico b/c of the cost.

But anyway, I just wanted to let anyone reading this thread to know that Cynthia was having me come back in to try to remedy the situation and I appreciate that.

Cynthia, I will call you when I get back in town on Friday as I would like to continue my fills with TLC if I do get my port replaced. Thank you for your patience with me. I appreciate you working with me.

I have had my band for almost 2 months. I could not be happier. The old saying, "You get what you put into it" is very true. I am looking much better and people are starting to notice. I went to the movies today and took the stairs with ease and was not out of breath. Life is MUCH better.