Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

we're getting this party started - it seems

Well, Today I met with the surgeon the psychologist and the nutritionist.

It all went very well I confirmed my feeling from the seminar that this was the doctor I wanted to go with. It's nice to feel good about choices.

The office was very efficient I was called for my 12:00 appt @ 12noon. I like it when people respect my time.

The doctor was respectful and very honest, even though my BMI is 53 he's ok with my chioce of banding. He also mentioned that I could have the Lap -Band or Realize band he doesn't really see a difference (some thing new to think about) I also had a preop test to see that i understood the risk benefits and alternatives of the banding, and that I understood that it relied on me doing my part.

THe psychologist was next and that went very well I had a screening tool to answer and she told me I wasn't too depressed and that my Wellbutrin must be working lol. We also spoke for about a 1/2 hourabout how I would deal with my emotional eating.

The nutritionist was good she wants me to learn to make proper food choices and will resee me in 1 month hoping I lose 4 lbs.

I need to an upper GI series than call and make my next appt with the surgeon and set the date. This could be happening as soon as July. I can't believe it's moving so quickly, but I am happy

Sorry for rambling , but I'm happy and needed to share

gigi

My doctor also gave me a choice between the Lap Band and the Realize band. He didn't feel there was any difference either, but he gave me links to the websites for each of them so I could check it out. (You can only access certain portions of the websites if you are a bariatric patient and your doctor gives you the codes to access the websites). I ended up deciding on the Realize band because they have such a supportive website. It's been used in Sweden for quite a long time but just got approved in this country a few months ago.

Grats on your successful doctor visits and feeling comfortable with the doctor you chose!