Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any advice needed please.

Hi,

Please could anyone help or explain something regarding my weight loss. I had the band fitted July 07 and had had two fills by Jan 08 this year. I had only lost about 8 lbs in total and was obviously a bit disappointed.

In Jan I had my gall bladder out and was told that some fill had to be removed from the band. I then had serious complications with Gall bladder operation and after being rushed back in to hospital for surgery and I am now just getting over the operation but did lose some weight in hospital going from going from 92.5 kilo to 88 kilo, but this went back up to 91 while waiting for my fill. My consultant recently said its OK to go ahead with my third fill which I have just had on May 6th. I have had very good restriction and am still on liquids like Slimfasts and mushy food. I had a little Shreddies and salad and yoghurt's yesterday but nothing much else and am trying to eat regularly. My problem as always, is that I got weighed this morning and have put some weight on and am 92.9 kilo.

Could someone please explain a reason for putting weight on when I am literally eating next to nothing. I am still working as normal. Is it my body shutting down because of lack of food, because I could understand staying the same for a short time , but... NOT PUTTING WEIGHT ON. How long before the reserves start to be used up and the weight starts to go.

If you don't eat, do you put weight on or what???

Sorry for going on a bit but I am very frustrated

Any advice or explanation would be grateful

Jeannie....:confused2: :tt1: :Dancing_wub: :Dancing_wub:

What you need to look at is body fat loss (inches). Its quite normal for scales to go up and down (even by several kilos) when you are switching from liquid to mushies, and in hospital you probably lost a lot of Water weight (not necessarily fat cells).

I don't agree with the views of many here that you gain weight if you restrict your calories.

Sorry to hear about all your gall bladder problems.

Hi there,

I wouldn't get too worked up about this, you're body has been through allot recently and it needs time to settle into a routine.

You do need to eat to loose weight though, if you starve the body, it will hold on to any reserves it can to survive. So keep your metablic rate up by eating small and often. Watch what you're drinking too, fruit juices are especially high in calories and alcohol.!!

Keep your chin up, you're not alone in this, lots of people suffer the same as you. I have too!!

Lynsay, Aberdeen, Scotland xx

Start tracking everything you put in your mouth. Some good sites to do this on that are free are dailyplate.com and sparkpeople.com. Even liquid calories can make you gain weight, so if your liquid consumption is anything other than sugar free or Water, that could be the culprit.

I'm sorry you are going through all of this. Good luck getting back on track!

Thanks Lyndsey, Today i have managed 1 weetabix and a cupa Soup not much at all, i tried my sunday roast tea but after 2 mouthfulls i was sick it felt like i had a large ball in my chest. i am sure this feeling will ease soon

Thanks again

Jeannie. x Lancashire.