Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A different kind of "Bandster Hell"

I love hearing the excitement in everyone's posts as they actually get dates and have their surgery!

I know "bandster hell" is the period after surgery and before fills, but I want to propose another "bandster hell"...the kind where you know you want a band but you are still jumping through the hoops anxiously awaiting news....maybe we can call that "pre-bandster hell?"

Anyone else out there with me???

Edited by JRT Mom

I love hearing the excitement in everyone's posts as they actually get dates and have their surgery!

I know "bandster hell" is the period after surgery and before fills, but I want to propose another "bandster hell"...the kind where you know you want a band but you are still jumping through the hoops anxiously awaiting news....maybe we can call that "pre-bandster hell?"

Anyone else out there with me???

I finally was banded on April 28th and I'm not going to try to tell you that your time will come. It is very difficult waiting for insurance approval and jumping through the hoops. There is nothing you can do but fulfull all the requirements.

I was motivated and ready in Oct. I had to do a 6 month supervised diet and decided not to waste my motivation. I managed to lose 30 pounds on my own before surgery. It wasn't easy. I was afraid if I lost weight I wouldn't qualify for the LapBand. My Dr. assured me that my insurance company would go by my starting weight and they would find my weight lose as a positive thing, showing that I could follow a weight lose plan and really was motivated.

Now I feel great, I've lost another 9 pounds on my liquid pre and post op diet and am already wearing a smaller pant size.

I'm retired and spend a lot of time at home (I Love it). The problem is I dress in sweatpants and baggy t-shirts and didn't even realize I was dropping sizes. Yesterday I met a friend for coffee and put on some jeans that were 2 sizes smaller than 40 pounds ago. I thought I looked pretty good.

I'm just starting my mushy food stage. I can't stand the site of Protein shakes anymore. They are too sweet and make me feel nauseated.

I make sure I get my Protein in everyday by adding unflavored whey powder to my mushy food. It's great to be eating food again, even if it is mush.

I rambling on here but I really am feeling great....:thumbup:

I'm also in the same boat - waiting for the phone to ring. The doctor's office had to give my insurance a surgery date, and, since I would like to do it before the warmer weather, when I know I can be more active, they scheduled me for 5/14. But they didn't request insurance approval till 5/6. So I am starting on the liquid diet with no real certainty that my surgery will be done 5/14. I think it will be approved, but how soon? How long does insurance approval take?

I plan to call my insurance company tomorrow to ask how its going. Humana has a Bariatric Management Dept. - they told me it only has two people, Jill and Janet, and I have spoken to both of them before. So maybe they will give me a clue.