Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill Comparison Survey

I'll be having my first fill in 4 weeks and was wondering your experiences of each of your fills. That is, what was your hunger (restriction experience) like after your first fill, second fill, and so on? I know that doctor's don't inject the same amount of fill but this should give me a ballpark answer.

Happy Banding!

Hi. Inamed recommends 2 cc for a first fill and .5 cc for each fill thereafter. Now, this is just the recommendation for a 9.75 band.

So, I got the 2 cc and had no restriction. Lost Zero pounds since surgery. This was 6 weeks after surgery.

4 weeks later I went in for my second fill, .5 cc, and I got restriction. I couldn't eat but a few bites and I was done. Took me a while to learn the band so I slimed frequently and 2 times something got stuck.

Once I reached goal I got a .3cc unfill. Kept loosing so I went back in for another .4. I can eat normally now...well, as far as foods go. But I eat about 1/3 to 1/2 of what I did pre-band.

Hope this helps.

I got my 1st fill on Monday, April 28. After one day of liquids, then soft food, on the third day, I could tell that I definitely ate less. However, it's far from a "sweet spot" that I've been hearing about. I would say that right now, I am eating 1/3 to 1/2 less than I would normally eat, depending on how I feel each meal. Tonight, for example, we had pizza for dinner. I ate two slices. However, I used to eat 4 to 5 slices. And I shouldn't have even had the entire 2nd slice because after I finished the 2nd piece, I started to get this awful feeling in my chest. Then, I am assuming I PB'd (some food came up my throat). And the weird chest pain has continued for about an hour and a half now. I guess I know not to eat two slices of pizza again. Awesome! It's like, even if I want to eat more, I phyically can't. That's a good feeling.

My doctor has a great way of explaining why it takes an average of 3 fills to get proper restriction. And I'm hoping that it goes this way for me, if not, better. He said, "On your 1st fill, I find your neighborhood. On your 2nd fill, I find your street. On your 3rd fill, I find your house".

My doctor has a great way of explaining why it takes an average of 3 fills to get proper restriction. And I'm hoping that it goes this way for me, if not, better. He said, "On your 1st fill, I find your neighborhood. On your 2nd fill, I find your street. On your 3rd fill, I find your house".

I LOVE THE QUOTE!!!! It is exactly how I feel. Just had my first fill, not satisfied, a very SLIGHT restriction, but I do feel a LITTLE something...

I too am still eating way too much, slow weight loss, but eating less..can still eat bread...but not a whole piece...gets mildly stuck... Am eating slower, but still taking too big of bites....

Looking forward to my "street" then my "house".

cc

I got some restriction with my second fill, third fill was good. Fourth fill was too tight had to be completely unfilled. Fifth fill back to 5cc.

1st- 2cc

2nd-2cc

3rd-1cc

4th-1cc

completely unfilled

5th-5cc

Hello, I'm back! It's been a while (30 days) since I've been on LapBandTalk.com. No realy excuse for NOT doing so. Been depressed lately, although it hasn't been due to any weightloss/LapBand issues! Been busy as well.

ANYWAY--Fills--I've had two so far. My surgery was on February 6th, 2008. After surgery, I did feel some restriction, but I pretty much followed dietary instructions to the letter. Guess I was too scared I would mess things up if I didn't! The first fill went fine. The only pain I felt was a very slight prick at the port site. Don't know how much Fluid went in the band, but my surgeon has his patients drink a small amount of tap Water and gives us a Peanut Butter cracker to "test the waters", so to speak. This went well, as did everything else from then on.

The second fill, about two weeks ago, didn't go as well. He put in 1.6cc, and at first, though, I felt okay. Well, to make a LONG story short, 1.6cc was TOO MUCH. His nurse removed .6cc from my band, and I felt a lot better, but ultimately, that wasn't enough. In between the pain, discomfort, and vomiting, I lost about 6 pounds in a twenty-four hour period. I was too tight. When I went back to have the second "unfill" {don't know how much was removed}, I had lost three more pounds. My surgeon said you've just got to find your sweet spot. Not sure if this is it, though. Yeah, I want to lose weight, but not that way! :thumbup: Things have been going great since then, but I do feel like I can eat just like I did before the surgery, so I'm going to ask my surgeon about putting in just a tad more "juice". Got to take it easy!

I've lost nearly sixty pounds and have gone from a size 3x to XL, and have actually worn REAL DENIM JEANS(!) for the first time in years.:biggrin:

My surgeon is thrilled with my progress. For that matter, so am I:lol:.

Edited by cierra'sgrandma
left something out

My first fill was 2.5cc which did nothing, I actually gained back 2 pounds, 1 month later I had another fill 3.0 more which did the trick, although now - 4 weeks later my weight loss is slowing and my eating is getting more again. I am finding exercise is the key -- too bad I'm having back problems right now (had a bad back for years - comes and goes)

Well I had my first fill of 2.5 cc and I don't feel any different when I eat. I can still eat as much as I want. Maybe the 2nd fill will help me...

I have had 4 fills, total of 2.6 in a 4CC band, I have no restriction after 11:00AM. I am scheduled for my 5th fill on the 25th and hope for that wonderful feeling. I am so jealous of anyone that has restriction. I can't wait to join you!

I have had 2 fills

The first fill was 3cc bc I had to do it under fluro...my doctor couldnt get my port.

After the first fill for the first week I felt some restriction but that went away.

The 2nd fill he put in 2cc so I have 5cc in a 14cc band...after the 2nd fill I noticed NO change....I went to see him the other day he doesnt want to do another fill.

Bluekygirl, I love that analogy your doctor uses; I need to remember that!

I don't think you mentioned what size band you have, and how many cc each fill was -- and I'm curious. Could you let us know? It would be much appreciated!

I have a 10 cc band. My first fill at 5 weeks postop was 3.5 cc and I felt some good restriction for about 2 weeks and then it disappeared. My second fill was 1.25 cc around 10 weeks postop which was about 5 weeks ago. I got really really good restriction at that time and still do, lost 21 lbs since then.