Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Knockouts May Exercise Goals

Ok Ladies and Gents, its May. Beginning 5 months out from surgery.

Since not much response in April, I am suggesting keeping the minutes at 630.

Summer is coming and we need to get on the exercise bandwagon, we want to show off our weight loss in bathing suits in a month or two, so come on everyone lets do it!!!!:thumbup:

Last month went by in a flash and I just did not get all the exercise minutes in. I got about half in, so I was pretty happy with that because I was very busy. I'm going to aim for the 630 again this month!

ok....count me in too ... i started this month out by doing the march of dimes 3 mile walk.. i wasn't too tired when we were done..

Edited by brez1015
added more

ok....count me in too ... i started this month out by doing the march of dimes 3 mile walk.. i wasn't too tired when we were done..

Good job, you have to start somewhere!!!!

May 9th! How is everyone progressing?

Been super busy at work this week and not feeling too well, so only did my Pilates class Wednesday and walked 3 miles. Other than that nothing out of the ordinary. Class and the walk are 2 hours.

My running total at this point is 240 minutes.

May 17th, Knockouts where are you???

The weather has been crummy here in NYC, and with my being tired, feeling lousy, and dead, I have not been too active. Just did 180 minutes over the past 8 days.

So that puts me almost to the half way point, 320 minutes so far. I need to ramp it up a bit. I want to hit 50 pounds lost by May 29th, my birthday.:thumbdown:

Hey, is anyone out there working out, even a little bit? Come on folks, dropping weight and doing no exercise will lead to loose skin in more places than you might have thought.

I am not saying I am working out like a dog, I am not, but doing some exercise is better than none. I notice that now that I am losing weight, my calves, which used to be solid fat are getting mushy, and I walk all the time. My midsection, where I have lost 6 inches, is getting a little mushy too, and I am in Pilates.

With that being said, since the 18th, I have walked and/or worked hard on chores and Pilates for 7 hours. Putting me at a total of 740 minutes this month so far.

I have been doing wii fit for about 4 days now. I've actually been working 72 hours + a week, so no I haven't been on a regular workout schedule. I do have a bodybugg and it does have an "activity" monitor. The times of the day that I am above 103 bpm heart rate are monitored. I avg about 30 minutes a day on that, just at work. Thanks for the pep talk, Chrisann. I'm trying not to look at my lack of rigid exercise as a reason, not an excuse!

I have worked out really hard in May. I think it is my all time best month ever. I am going to try even harder in June, that is for sure.

Final minutes for May are 1650 out of the original 630 goal. Most of this time was spent either bicycling or in the gym in step classes, eliptical or weight training.

I am really seeing a difference in toning and also noticed that regular exercise keeps getting easier and easier. I look forward to it daily now.

Edited by HeatherO

Well I guess if you are in, respond with a post, that way we can all support each other. I made it way over 630 minutes in May, so personally, I will be reaching for 900 minutes in June.

If there is a response I will start a new June thread.

I was doing aerobics...lots of walking and eliptical. Got diagnosed with arthritis in a foot and dr. said I had to get off the treadmill. What to do??? I hired a personal trainer to set up a workout plan and am now working with weights 5-6 days a week. I do think it's paying off since I do not have as much flab as I expected. 77 lbs off to date....the loss slowed when I started weights, but is continuing. I have about 50 lbs. to go...