Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Thread To Post All Your Before And After Pics!, Show Everyone Your Progress!!

vampy

thought it would be really cool so show everyone out sucess and show all our before and after pics, i know it will really help pre-bansters to know that we do so well!...c.mon, show them pics!

first pics in red top are pre band pics, and the white ones are a two stone lost.... new ones coming soon!

post-203845-13813131222211_thumb.jpg

Robin ,you sneaky girl, you! I stumbled upon your online journal a few days ago and read your entries. I had no idea you were on lapbandtalk.com! That is a trip!

I read some of your entries because I'm planning to be banded, hopefully before the new year. I have to wait and see if Iam a candidate. I'll find out Wed.

Good to see you! You look great!

Nichole

hey guys! i finally got some photos in clothes that fit a little better. i still havent lost anymore weight banded 8-18-03 2nd fill 10-2 still not at my sweet spot or even close but i can really tell a difference from my 'all time high'. glad i wont EVER be there again!!!

my bmi is down from 51.7 at 350

to drumroll please...45.5 at 308 HOLY COW!!

i was in a 28/30

now i can wear a 24 pretty comfortably and EVEN sqeezed into a 22 skirt!!!!!!!!!(I couldnt have worn it out but by god the buttons all closed LOL!!)

i went to the movies this weekend and when i saw the seats my heart was pounding...no fun squeezing in the seats and pretending to be comfy...but no squeeze i fit!!

this is a big one... not eating the most. when i used to eat around other people i always noticed i ate the most...saturday night i made veggie pizza for some friends i only ate 2 pieces...to there 6, 4,and 3 pieces...

i do feel so much better! i am so close to being under 300!!! i will

be so happy because then i will only be 100 away from under 200!!!!

just click on the 10-6-03 that is underlined in the above post and it will bring up the photos...SORRY!

Thank you. You were so right that this will help pre banders. I hope I am getting this done next week (still waiting for insurance approval) but have been having some second thoughts as my physician really prefers the rny. He made it clear he guarantees weight loss with that procedure but not with the band. It helps to see others being successful. You have all done very well. I have checked out each site. You are motivation for me. Thank you.

Shelly, wow, you look great!! Isn't it amazing how photos show what we can't see in the mirror? I've had a few pix taken recently but I'm scared to look at them. :o

Mello, please remember that the surgery choice is YOURS, not your doctor's. If you are more comfortable with the band don't let anyone sway you. That said, let me throw in my 2 cents: of COURSE he guarantees weight loss with the RNY; your body will not absorb what you put into it. The side effects of that can be nasty, and the surgery is extremely risky from the start anyway. And what does your doctor say about a long-term guarantee? I'll be he doesn't even try to give you one. It's entirely possible to regain your lost weight a few years post-op, and then you have no recourse. The band remains adjustable long-term, so if your weight loss stalls or stops you can do something about it. And at MUCH less risk to your overall health.

Just my unbaised opinion. :P

mello_one,

i completely second alexandra. it really is your choice. it stinks that your surgeon wouldnt commend you for wanting a safer and long term weight loss. oh i forgot money talks.

here are some of my reasons for wanting the band:

* when you have children they can release fill in your band so your pregnancy is more natural

* no malsorptsion

*quicker recovery time

* more natural weight loss

* you can adjust the band if your loss stalls or a few years out you gain a few.

* no dumping

* way less risk of death or major side effects

* you can eat what you want (i dont mean junk)

* no lengthy hospital stay!

* no huge scar

* no gallstones, kidney stones

these are some things i didnt expect

*i expected to have more restricion quicker ( i had read all the info and new not to expect restriction without a few fills but i did)

*i also expected to have lost more by now. i dieted all summer though to get a jump start so until i am properly restricted i have been eating what i want ( concious chioce ) so while i expected to lose more i know why i havent. (to all those who have lost larger amounts- CONGRATS i know it was work!)

good luck mello and keep us posted on your APPROVAL!!! (i love that word!)

alexandra-

the photo of me and my bf is one that i cant believe i have shown anyone much less posted on the internet...

if you have some photos from earlier this year to compair your new ones to i bet youll really tell a difference! even thou i havent lost in about a month my body shape is still changing! i cant wait to take some more photos with the next loss!

its kinda weird even with my photos i still feel 'that big' i think i am more concious of my size now. before i just didnt care. i had given up and decided i was destined to be fat all my life. when i saw the photo with steve i started adkins 2 days later.

hey chris!!

i was just looking at your site yesteerday!!!

YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!

i cant wait to be where you are now! we were close in starting weight. i have read your journal to (sorry to hear about your cat)

keep up the good work i cant wait to see your next photos!

YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION:D :cool: :D