Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Check in Febsters!

How is it going, y'all?

I had been bouncing around the same 2 pounds for WEEKS and then was finally down 2 on Tuesday morning and it's stayed gone. (I think it had something to do with the 400sq ft vinyl floor I installed by myself!)

I had my 2nd fill yesterday, 1cc added to my existing 3cc (10cc band). The doctor said this one will taper off more slowly (I sure hope so, that last one was good for about a week and then I could eat an elephant on rye!) and to come back in 6 weeks. Yikes!

I'm just now fixing to eat Breakfast, so I don't know how the fill is, yet. No problems drinking yesterday, though, even big sips! (I live on Isopure that first day - it's not my favorite, but neither is hunger. lol)

My first big goal is to get in the 190s by our beach vacation, which is in July. 20.4 pounds to go for that, and 3.5 months to do it in. That seems reasonable enough, but time will tell.

The big BIG thing happening is my 20 year class reunion in October. I'd really like to show up to that THIN and RICH. I told my husband I was working on thin, so he could work on rich. :huh2: I'd LOVE LOVE to be at goal by then. Man I'd love that.

So, that's it from my world, what's up in yours???

Hello! Well my appt is on Monday and I can't wait. I need my first fill so badly. I am really struggling some days with my eating. I mean I am really trying - but I just thought this was going to be differnt, kwim? I didn't expect to be starving all of the time. I know the first fill won't cure me, but at least it will put me on the track to the sweet spot, instead of the starving spot I am in. I have increased my food a little more to compensate, which I guess is ok, but not what I thought I would be doing.

On the exercise front I have been doing well. I either do a 20-30 minute video every morning or walk on the treadmill for that time. I try to mix it up a little when I can.

Other than being in bandster-hell - all is well here and I hope it is for all of you also!

Oooookay!

I know you can reach those goals Angie, good wishes.

I haven't had a fill yet. I was banded on 2/27/07. I am having major issues curbing my emotional eating and though the weight is coming off I am constantly worried about my band (I'm a worrier)

My first goal is to be 280 by June 22 when I go to Houston for Cyndi Lauper's true colors concert. I went last year at 340 and felt huge. It may not be possible, but its what I am shooting for.

I have my first fill April 17th. Really looking forward to it, just to see what it is like. I haven't weighed myself in over a week so I need to check that soon. This week has been a little bit of a disaster for me so hopefully the scales haven't moved up yet.

Hi Angie and all,

Had my first fill on Tuesday and I have restriction:thumbup: Of course that could disappear at anytime, but riding the fill wave while I can and supposed to go back in three weeks for my second fill.

I was a little disappointed in myself cause I thought I had gained since my two week post op appointment but I hadn't gained and I actually lost another pound-- my DBF was like WTF 1 pound does not justify you having had this surgery, but I was content to not have gained.

Angie, I think we talked about it before my 20 year reunion is in October too. Told my BF that we are going to have to invent an identity for him, like CEO of fortune 500 company and astronaut in his spare time:w00t:. He was like "Ok babe whatever you wanna do considering that who I am is not good enough" Hehe whoops just joking baby you are wonderful:lol:

My first goal right now is to lose like 15-20 this month cause I have to go to Key West on business May 4th--I know that is a pretty lofty goal but I haven't been excercising up until this point and I'm joining the gym today---ugghhh don't want to but it's a necessary evil:sneaky:

I had my first fill last tuesday and it did great for litterally one week. I did lose a couple of pounds with it, so I should be thankful for that, but I'm hoping my next fill will last longer, especially since I'm going on a cruise soon. I don't want to be able to eat whatever I want on the cruise and gain weight like I have on previous cruises! I'm down to 270 now, had gotten down to 269 for one day.. and then gained a pound and have just been maintaining this weight now... My next mini-goal is to get to 242. The weight I was when I met my hubby. That's 27 pounds away. I would also like to lose 5 more pounds before the cruise in 2.5 weeks. I think I can do that.

It looks like everybody is really doing great and congrats to everybody and what they've lost! :biggrin:

Here I am! I go tomorrow for my second fill and I'm ready to have it done. I've been doing well, but feel like I am able to eat much more than I should. Today I am down 50 lbs from my highest weight of 277! My official weight at the doctors was 270 so I have 7 more lbs to lose and according to my doctor I will be at the halfway point (220) to goal (170)! I figure I should be able to get there in a month. I'd like to get there by my next fill date in three weeks. That would also be five lbs away from the lowest I ever got dieting on my own. Only difference is, this time it's not coming back!

Otherwise, been being a homebody, riding my Harley, and doing a bunch of nothing.

Hope everyone is well!

Had my second fill 3 weeks ago. I'm up to 6.4 in a 10 band. It has really lasted this time around. MY doc must know this because he wanted to see me in 6 weeks instead of the usual three. I said no, i need accountability so i'm going at 4 weeks. For me as i've gotten more fills they've lasted progressively longer, but have had a harder transition phase.

My most violent PB was 6 days after my last fill. It was a doozy. Even after a few days to settle i had such a hard time getting in my Protein (shakes worked well ) but solid Protein was soooo hard. I feel now i have a sweet spot, although i don't know if it'll last long.

On a Makes me Nutttier than a Squirrel Note.....The scales dropped post fill to 256 lowest in years, only to be right back up to 260 in a day. I'm sure it was Fluid shift but Geez! This AM i am bask down to 257 so 32 lbs down. the best news is that aunt flo is due ANY FREAKING MINUTE becuase my rings are so tight. So i'm hoping that after i get aunt flo gone i may have some additional loss.

All in all i have gotten so much help from my band and THIS GROUP. My bariatric clinic is great, but i have learned so much of the day to day living with this change; as well as laughter and support from you dear friends

Excelsior!

Amanda

I had my first fill today. He put 2 cc's in and told me to come back in 6 to 7 weeks. I would have rather had another one sooner but I guess he knows what he is doing and I had better listen.

The fill was nothing. I was on the table less than 2 minutes. He numbed it but before the numbing stuff had time to take effect he was done. It hurt a little but before my mind had time to register the pain it was over so I can't say it was too bad. I'm on liquids today and mushies tomorrow so I probably won't know until the weekend if I have restriction or not.

Hope everyone is having a terrific day!

Glad you started this thread Angie as I have been out of the loop for awhile!!

I've basically had NO restriction since 2 weeks post-op. My first fill he only gave me 1cc and that didn't do SQUAT!:bolt: I was all excited to go to my second fill appt yesterday thinking "ok, this time he'll be more agressive and put in 2-3cc's". I weighed in, got into the exam room and when he walked in he said "hey there....you seem to be right on track by losing 4 pounds". I told him "4 pounds in a month? That's right on track?". He said, "yep, 4-9 pounds is what we expect with band patients". Oh well, I thought, just get me up on that table and start fillin'!! He then says "so, keep up the good work and we'll see you in a month". *Cut to me with my mouth on the ground looking like I just got sucker punched* "WHOAAAAAA", I said, "You're not going to give me a fill? You're joking right? I'm hungry all the time and it's only thru pure willpower that I'm losing any weight at all!! Because the band sure isn't working as a "tool"!! So, to make a VERY long story short, I begged and pleaded and he agreed to give me another "micro-fill"....1cc......gee, thanks Doc!! So, let me get this straight. The only way I qualify for a fill is if I lose less than 4 pounds in a month or gain weight?!!! Needless to say, I left thankful that I got SOMETHING, but discouraged that I've been through all of this and the sickening reality is that I am doing it on my own!:eek: I have to wait another month and god knows what will happen then. I surely don't want to intentionally slow my weight loss or god forbid GAIN WEIGHT just so I can get a more agressive fill!! So, for now I will continue eating like a lapbander and exercising like I have been in the hopes that the scale continues to move in the right direction. And I will hope that next month I get another fill in the hopes of one day knowing what it feels like to have TRUE restriction.

Sorry for the rant.....on a lighter note......I'm happy to hear of everyone's progress and GREAT NSV's. Thanks for all your support:smile2:

Amy

Ugh! That sucks! I would have for sure not gotten a fill yesterday if my doctor did that. They'd erroneously written down my last appt weight as 240 and then yesterday I weighed in at 224. So, each person I saw along the line thought I'd lost 16 pounds in the last 3 weeks and were all excited for me. Um... no. That's incorrect. LOL

Oh man Amy that really sucks. I don't understand doctors who do that. They give you this tool then they don't give you the fuel it needs to help you. I don't get it at all. Do you have any other options for fill doctors?

I know it has to be discouraging but just keep up the good work you have been doing and hopefully the next fill will give you what you need.

Hugs

Today was my first fill. He told me he had put 3cc in my 10cc band at the time of surgery. But that the 3 cc's "just filled in between the edges of the ballon inside the band!" He put 1.5 cc's in after numbing the site and then he had me sip the glass of Water. Everything went great, but then when I got up and walked out to the receptionist area I felt nausea. I though it was because the Water tasted so bad. I was then taken back to the exam room and my Doctor came back in and asked what had happened. I told him and he had me take a few sips of the flavored water I had with me. It went down fine and I sat a bit longer since the nausea eased up a bit. I finally all went away when I had some clear broth at lunch time.

I'm hoping I have a good restriction. My doctor did warn me that after I have my day of clears and mushies and after I'm back on regular food, that I will have to take it easy for Breakfast and have a smoothing or Protein shake first thing in the morning and have something more substantial midmorning. He said that the band is alot tighter right after waking up.

I'm happy to hear of everyone's progress. Thank you Angie for starting this thread.

I've had a really good week. I'm down a total of 35 lbs as of today. My first goal is to lose 50 lbs/be under 300 by the time I see the doctor again on 5/7.

I had my fill on 3/24 and I feel like it is starting to wear off. It varies. Some days I can only eat 1/2 a cup per meal, others I feel like I could eat tons (well, about a cup at most). My doctor recommends 1/2 cup per meal. I just try to eat to my comfort level. Today was weird. I forgot to eat breakfast--just wasn't hungry. Ate a small lunch, then at dinner I was starving.

The last few weeks have been so amazing. I feel so much better already, I've lost 2 pants sizes, I have more energy. I have been very fortunate, bandwise. I haven't PB'ed or vomited (knock on wood!). I do all I can to avoid it because I absolutely hate throwing up.

Checking in...

My scale hasn't moved in over 2 weeks! I have my second fill on Monday so hopefully I will see some improvement.

Good luck to all of you!

Well hello friends. Great thread Angie! I'm doing really well so far - I told my hubby the other day that I feel like I've had a "brochure" experience with the band - meaning that everything has worked out as I've hoped so far. I hit the 50 lb loss mark the other day and am SO exicted (although I now have to go to the "confessions" thread to discuss what I did as a reward for losing 50 lbs.)

I haven't had any PB's, no sliming, no nausea - I'm feeling pretty lucky. And don't tell my doctor - but so far I haven't done formal exercise! I am definately more active now that I can make a mile walk without getting winded, but it's not like I'm hitting the gym or anything. I really do feel like the band controls my hunger. And I've been low-carbing long enough that I really don't miss bread or sugar anymore. I ate a bunch of crap at a friend's party last night (my "reward") - stuff like cake and fries and veggies/dip, fruit dipped in chocolate, etc. And it was fun for about the first 10 minutes, and then I felt full, gassy, and on an insulin rush. Had I actually been living like that all the time before the band?

Anyway - my only regret is not getting this thing sooner!! My goals for April are to get under 230 and to start exercising a minimum of 2 times a week for at least 20 minutes. Ooh - and so looking forward to second fill next Wednesday!! I hear that the second fill gets a lot of people to their sweet spot.

And for anyone who saw the first video blog on youtube - we will post the second update this afternoon (just search Becca's Band Blog on youtube). The third update will actually be video of my fill next Wednesday!

Hang in there all! It is awesome just to flip through this thread and add up the weight lost on all of our tickers!!! Do you realize we have lost several hundred pounds between us all??