Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fill Doctors

Does anyone know of fill doctors in Georgia that will fill for patients that were not banded in their office. I am considering the surgery and seems to me that a doctor in Colorado (Dr. K) is the cheapest I could find for us self-payers (without leaving the country).

I called True Results in Atlanta and they told me that they would not fill patients that did not have the surgery in their office.

I live in the metro Atlanta area but I am open to any doctor in the state that would do fills.

I am still in the process of learning everything I can about the procedure and so far everything I have learned from these forums is great. I know there are those in Georgia that have went elsewhere to have the surgery and I am finding out that Atlanta definately is not the cheapest place to be banded.:wink:

Guest Leslie2Lose

From what I understand Dr. Bagnato will do fills (fills are $150). He is in Albany - South of Atlanta. He does accept other patients.

Edited by Leslie2Lose

Edited to Add: I will keep this list updated in the Fill Doctors section -- title is "Fill Doctors in Georgia."

Hi schewy. We are in similar situations; I was banded last month by Dr. Kirshenbaum in Colorado (you are right about cost in Atlanta for self-pay). I have had one fill by him but am looking for a local fill doctor.

Here is what I have so far based on exchanges with people in the offices of these doctors (YMMV). I also contacted the office of Dr. Jaime Ponce in Dalton but he charges a lot upfront -- $2500.00 for 4 visits or one year -- so I did not list him. Dr. J. K. Champion and Dr. Dennis Smith do not accept outside patients.

Dr. Christopher Hart

Johns Creek Surgery, PC

3890 Johns Creek Parkway

Suite 240

Johns Creek, GA 30024

770-232-2911

Welcome to Johns Creek Surgery

Will accept patients on a case-by-case basis pending a review of surgery report and other medical records. Initial consultation of probably $75 - $100, and fills are $150 each.

Dr. Paul Macik

Northside Bariatric Surgery Center

960 Johnson Ferry Rd Ste. 228

Atlanta GA 30342

404-252-2220

Atlanta Surgery Center - Northside Bariatric Surgery Center, PC - Bariatric Surgery Center in Atlanta, GA

Will perform the adjustments for you as long as you can get the records from your doctor. There is a $550.00 program fee to take you on as a patient. The initial office visit/fill is $200.00 and all subsequent visits/fills are $95.00.

Dr. Bryan Freeman

822 Leighton Avenue

Anniston, AL 36207 (one hour from metro Atlanta)

Phone: (256) 236-1300

Freeman & Company Bariatric Center

Will accept patients on a case-by-case basis pending a review of surgery report, type of band, et cetera. Cost for initial fill is $500 but this may decrease with subsequent fills depending on complexity of case.

Edited by GreenChrysalis

Thanks, I am considering the same doctor in Colorado. I also called Dr. Hart in Atlanta. I was told that he will not do fills for patients that were not banded by his office. Thanks for the list. I am going to continue to search. If airfare ever drops (not likely with fuel prices) it may be cheaper to fly back to Colorado for fills.

Thanks, I am considering the same doctor in Colorado. I also called Dr. Hart in Atlanta. I was told that he will not do fills for patients that were not banded by his office. Thanks for the list. I am going to continue to search. If airfare ever drops (not likely with fuel prices) it may be cheaper to fly back to Colorado for fills.

That's pretty odd re: Dr. Hart, since I just spoke to Mildred in his office yesterday. I wonder what the truth is? Well, I have emailed her asking where to fax/send a copy of my surgery report so I guess I will find out.

You are welcome -- I have not had much luck finding listings like this here for fill doctors so I hope that we can share our information! Seems like the most active Georgians on here are the ones who went to Dr. Bagnato.

Since so many doctors have high fees to join their practice (upwards of $500 in many cases), it may be cheaper at some point to fly back to CO. It cost me around $500 to fly in, rent a car and stay in a hotel for a night. I also upgraded to business class though, because coach is just too tiny for big ol' me!

The issue for me is time as well as money. Dr. K prefers that you stay at least a few days and get your fill in as early as possible into your trip -- that way you have time to see if you need more put in or some taken out. That means at least 2 days off work, which I can't always spare. It is beautiful out there though, so if you can have extra days and make it a vacation that would be ideal.

If you haven't already seen it, please come and join the Dr. K thread: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f11/considering-dr-kirshenbaum-26213/

There are a lot of nice people there and many of them are out of state also. Good luck!

I emailed Dr. Bagnato's office yesterday and got the following reply from his office manager Jeni:

Unfortunately, Dr. Bagnato is busy taking care of his own lap-band patients and does not have time to take on patients banded by other physicians.

So he is not an option for fills, unfortunately.

It doesn't surprise me that Dr. Bagnato is busy with his own patients. Since Chris Smith and Joe Burnette are also doing Lap-Bands, perhaps they would be willing to take on new patients for fills? Both of them are with Albany Surgical...here's a web address to check (I think Albany Surgical's web site is being constructed).

WALB.com News, Weather and Sports for Albany, Valdosta and Thomasville. Leading the way for South Georgia. | | Ask the Expert: Surgical

While Dr. Bagnato is listed with the other surgeons on this page, he has a separate office and only operates at Palmyra Hospital; the other surgeons use both Palmyra and Phoebe Putney.

Does anyone know of fill doctors in Georgia that will fill for patients that were not banded in their office. I am considering the surgery and seems to me that a doctor in Colorado (Dr. K) is the cheapest I could find for us self-payers (without leaving the country).

I called True Results in Atlanta and they told me that they would not fill patients that did not have the surgery in their office.

I live in the metro Atlanta area but I am open to any doctor in the state that would do fills.

I am still in the process of learning everything I can about the procedure and so far everything I have learned from these forums is great. I know there are those in Georgia that have went elsewhere to have the surgery and I am finding out that Atlanta definately is not the cheapest place to be banded.:thumbs_up:

There is a doctor in Roswell that will do this. I am trying to get his name and phone at this time. A friend of ours uses him after his surgery in Mexico and I will do the same as my own surgery is 4/19 in Mexico.

Hi everyone, I also live in Atlanta but had my Lapband done in Mexico. Other than USAFILLCenter which I have used I have not been able to find any doctor who will take me as a patient. I am just looking for a practice for my fills and if ever needed for any complication that are here locally. Please keep us posted if you are able to locate a doctor here or close by to Atlanta.

Hi everyone, I also live in Atlanta but had my Lapband done in Mexico. Other than USAFILLCenter which I have used I have not been able to find any doctor who will take me as a patient. I am just looking for a practice for my fills and if ever needed for any complication that are here locally. Please keep us posted if you are able to locate a doctor here or close by to Atlanta.

Please check out my list in the Fill Doctors section located here. I don't know how many of them will do fills on patients banded in Mexico but it's worth a try. I know Dr. Ponce does. Good luck.

Thanks Green, I will print off the list and start checking in the morning.

Do ya think Dr. Ponce uses gold when he does his fills....For those fees it should be.....LOL

My Doctor told me of this place for my fills. I was banded on 4/19 by Dr. Corvalain Tijuana. World Med Assist helped me find him and the Fill Centers USA. I am very happy with all of the above! So far 21 lbs. lost and still working hard at it. Although this has not been hard, but just so exciting!!!!!!

ROSWELL: 1st & 3rd Saturdays every month from 10:00 - 4:00 by appointment;

Darlene Zebley is the person that works with patients.

$200.00 x-ray plus the regular fee $349.00- first visit; visits beyond $120.00 plus regular fee $165.00.

Office consult only $85.00.

You can get fills from www.fillcentersusa.com

If you have any other questions - ask me!! Debbie Clanton - I'm down with an injured leg and only a computer to entertain me.

I am still in the process of learning everything I can about the procedure and so far everything I have learned from these forums is great. I know there are those in Georgia that have went elsewhere to have the surgery and I am finding out that Atlanta definately is not the cheapest place to be banded.:w00t:

Banded by dr K in June 2008, great experience and would highly recommend him.

I was banded in Mexico and get my fills in Roswell, GA; My fill doctor also serves south Georgia via Moultrie, GA; You can reach her by contacting the following company. www.fillcentersusa.com - Dr. Darlene Zebley. Phone: 866-345-5872 Appointment Contact Name: Charlotte or Patty Distance; They are very good and available for phone contact anytime.