Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone had the surgery and then regretted it?

Nope - 77lbs lighter than 8 months ago - feel 10 yrs younger - look 100% better - Have my old self back - I do things now - I don't sleep my weekends away - I am just sorry that it took so long - I am in control now - not the food - I eat healthy - I excercise - I love the work that I have done with the help of my band - I hope to live a longer life with alot more quality..

No real regrets for me. I'm almost to goal, took over a year but it takes much more dicipline than I ever thought it would. Watch out for all those devil "C" foods..cookies, creamy Soups, chips, candy, chocolate...etc. They seem to have no problem slipping through our bands! It will take control on your part, believe me!

I don't regret it, but if you have doubts, don't do it. Its not the magical solution they make it look like on tv. You lose weight on the band the same way you lose weight without it, with diet and excersise. If you don't do these things, you can still gain weight on the band and won't lose weight. Its not a quick fix. It can help you diet by making you feel more full on smaller amounts of food, making it easier to stick to your diet. But a lot of us eat not because we are hungry, we eat for psychological reasons. So if you are an emotional eater with a band, you will still overeat. And it is easy to eat things that are liquidy in your mouth like chocolate, ice cream, etc. So don't do it if you have doubts. If you are sick of being fat and are willing to work hard at it, then the band is a great tool to let you be satisfied on less food while dieting and alleviating the possibility of regaining weight and yo yo dieting.

anyone had the surgery and then regretted it?

I agree it is very scary. I finally received my surgery date and went to the dietician yesterday. All this information was a little overwhelming and I walked out feeling apprehensive. I'm going through with it because I feel as though this is my last chance. I've never been successful all on my own and I need this tool to help me become healthy. I want to get off my meds and add years to my life. The first few weeks may be a struggle but in the end how wonderful it will be!!!!!!:biggrin2:

I agree it is very scary. I finally received my surgery date and went to the dietician yesterday. All this information was a little overwhelming and I walked out feeling apprehensive. I'm going through with it because I feel as though this is my last chance. I've never been successful all on my own and I need this tool to help me become healthy. I want to get off my meds and add years to my life. The first few weeks may be a struggle but in the end how wonderful it will be!!!!!!:biggrin2:

Jan

It's a little scary - but I can tell you it's the best thing I have ever done for myself - I feel 10 yrs younger - I call my band my interior motivator - I could eat around it if I wanted to -but like you I want to live for a few more yrs - I think it's a 50 yr old thing as we know that we have fewer yrs ahead of us - and we want to squeeze out every additional yr that we can get..

For me it really hasn't been that hard - but I will tell you it's only a tool and you will need to use your will power - by making healthy food choices - adding exercise to your life - but after you have been eating healthy for a couple of months - your cravings for all that junk goes away for the most part - and once you see the weight coming off - you will be doing the happy dance..

Good Luck on this journey - it is a learning experience - but well worth it..

I had been seriously trying to lose weight for 3 years before I got my band. I went to the gym 6 days a week, working out hard. I never lost any weight. It's the band that has made the difference. It gave me an extra edge I didn't have without it.