Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from the Coast?

Starting my adventure with this procedure next week. Is there anyone here from the coast? Are there any groups down here?

OOPPPSSS!!! Sorry, I thought I was posting in Mississippi. I live on the Gulf of Mexico. Way, away from Oregon. Have a great evening.

OOPPPSSS!!! Sorry, I thought I was posting in Mississippi. I live on the Gulf of Mexico. Way, away from Oregon. Have a great evening.

This is the MS forum..I think he was kidding you! I am from the coast as well.

Starting my adventure with this procedure next week. Is there anyone here from the coast? Are there any groups down here?

I am from Gulfport. My best friend and I are just starting this journey. We have our first consultation next week. Have you had the surgery yet?

I am from Gulfport. My best friend and I are just starting this journey. We have our first consultation next week. Have you had the surgery yet?

No, have an appointment next month, to set the date. Just starting? Read everything, Talk to everyone, research it. Are you military? Stay in touch....

No, have an appointment next month, to set the date. Just starting? Read everything, Talk to everyone, research it. Are you military? Stay in touch....

Yes, I am just getting started. Thanks for the advice about researching. I have done so much research and read so much that I feel like this is consuming my whole life! However, I am looking forward to the journey. I am not military but I do work very closely with the military through my occupation. Is Dr. Alva doing your surgery? Who is your insurance provider?

Good Morning, my surgery is May 2nd in Mobile. I start my 10 liquid diet next week. Finished my lab work yesterday. I feel confident that everything will come back fine. I am so excited to get this over. I keep thinking, this time next month, I'll be 2 weeks out. Ready, oh yea!!! This has been 2 years in the making, just ready to get started. Best of luck to you and stay in touch. D'

You asked in a previous reply about military. Are you Military and if so are you using Tricare. I am just beginning my research to use Tricare thru Keesler and would really appreciate any info you (or anyone reading this) has to share

For the questions regarding tri-Care....

I am not military, i am self-pay, but my Mom has Tri-Care, and they only pay for gastric by-pass, not lapband. She is in the process of getting her checklist done so that she can have the by-pass done. She doesnt mind, but I only wanted lapband. You do have to have a referal from your primary care physician, but that is very easy to get.

My Surgery is Thursday...I am so nervous and yet excited too. :P

I only managed to lose 4 pound on my pre-op diet. I just couldn't stick to the liquid diet....I was too hungry and surrounded by wonderful stuff because the rest of my family has absolutely NO sympathy!!! LOL :smile2: I basically did great all day, but when supper came around I was ravenously hungry and shoveled it in shamelessly. I'm so glad i am about to get some control!

Surgery Date: May 1, 2008

By: Dr. Redmann:Slidell, LA

WhyWeight.com- Weight Loss Surgery in Louisiana - Home

s-weight.png

Hi Katsend, yea, :tt2:I'm also from Ms. -- Matter of fact --I'm right in your backyard, or should I say next door.:Banane53: Guess who ??? I'm on day 4 and feeling better, just having coughing spells that make one side hurt like !!!!!

Been walking a good bit. Walked up to moms few times yesterday.Hope to do more today!:welldoneclap:

JustValhere -- I am so interested in hearing of your experience with Dr Redmann. I am TRICARE so I could go to him. I have received a referral to a Dr Ringold in Mobile but I am thinking about changing. One of the comments I read about the LA group is that they are always late. Did you find that same experience? My email is grs0556@aol.com if you would rather send me info there rather than posting that would be great.

I used Dr. Thomas Lavin, great Dr. As for the LA group being late, yes they got me in later than suppose to but I still left hospital by 3:15 on my way home. Their bedside manner makes up for not being on time and also the price since I was self pay (13,500.00). This was for everything and 1st year checkups and fills. The Dr.s office personal is wonderful and so is Southern Surgical Hospital. Even though I was later than suppose to be it was well worth it. They where just great. I would recommend them both Hospital and Dr.s to anyone.:)