Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LASIK, What a great experience

Last year I undergo Lasik surgery for my nearsightedness and like the concern of other people im not comfortable in wearing contacts because my eyes are sensitive for infection and I hate wearing those oldie thick glasses that I had before so my friend suggested me for Lasik exam in my2020 have you heard that? So then to make the story short I flew to Kansas ( I also had a business trip during that time) to have then the LASIK exam ( to determine if im a good candidate) The exam includes a complete evaluation of the internal and external health of my eyes. They create a detailed map of the eyes and perform all of the visual tests necessary to prepare for LASIK. And the nice thing with it is they use the latest, most advanced technology to thoroughly determine my eligibility for LASIK. Good news I passed and undergo for the surgery and for almost 2 months I suffered a side effects ( its normal BTW), and right now I feel better than ever, I can able to see 20/20 and many people say I look young and im happy with the outcome. Lasik is a life saver for me.

I had lasik about 6 years ago. It was FABULOUS!!!! I got to 20/15 in one eye and 20/25 in my really bad eye -but together I could see 20/20.

I have always had a fear of going blind because my eyes got worse every year (since I was 7). The thrill of being able to read something is a feeling that I will never forget.

I have since gotten into reading glasses. I work on the computer ALL day long and I'm in school at night; need to read music for my instrument and so on. Either way, I am still extremely happy with the results!!

Congratulations to you!

wombat

Now that's an interesting first post...

My husband had LASIK in November. He swears it's the best check he ever wrote.

I got LASIK a week ago, actually. :rolleyes2: I love the results already. No side effects whatsoever. At my one-day post-op, I was a strong 20/25, weak 20/20. He said my vision would only improve from there and it has. I had one of the best surgeons in the country.

Anybody getting into this thread - do your research on a place before using it. Especially since this is the only post the individual has made on this board...very suspect, IMO. Besides that, I've NEVER heard of side effects for 2 months. Yikes.

I had mine done 7 or 8 years ago. Went from 20/200 in my bad eye to 20/15.

Now as I age I need reading glasses for close up work, but my distance vision is still good (I was nearsighted before the Lasik.)

I had night problems for about 4 weeks with the halos and sparklies; but then I had night blindness before the procedure. No issues at all with that now :rolleyes2:

Oh another tip - use your night-time drops! And if you wake up in the middle of the night, put more drops in before you go to sleep.

My husband's doctor insisted on preservative-free drops, and thicker gel drops for night-time. Both gave him so much relief in the first few days. A few times at night our dog woke him up to make a potty, and hubby went back to sleep without reapplying the drops. Both times when he woke up he had noticeable blurriness that lasted about 2 weeks. His doc likened this to putting a coat of varnish on some wood, and then stipling it with a brush before it was dry. Over the course of about 2 weeks his vision cleared, as his doc told him it would, but those 2 weeks had to have been sucky for him. So anyone looking into this, O.D. on the drops!

The light halo effect is interesting. It's something that most of us "nromal sighted" people see to some degree most of the time, but people with glasses don't because of the the refraction from the glass lenses. He kept describing this halo he was seeing, and wouldn't believe me when I told him that I saw it too. :lol:

I'm debating about getting this done this summer. Of course, any time you mention it, someone knows someone who knows someone who's eyes were ruined because of it, heh.

I am going to get Lasik for myself as a graduation present. i can't wait!!! Thin and no glasses how sweet!

I'm debating about getting this done this summer. Of course, any time you mention it, someone knows someone who knows someone who's eyes were ruined because of it, heh.

Isn't that the way it always is? I had them do the blade-free (I think intralase sp?). Because of the horror stories that I had heard - this uses a laser rather than the blade to make the cut. It cost $300 more per eye to have it done back when I did it.

wombat

Hehe marimaru, so true. And with that being said, I do know one person, kind of. We worked in the same building, but I didn't know her that well. She was always blinking (big blinks, like when you're playing peekaboo) and using eye drops. We talked about it once and she said it happened after her LASIK procedure - if I remember correctly, she was not properly screened and should not have been a candidate. This was a good 6 years ago and I don't think her LASIK had been very recent, so we're talking several years ago total. You can find all kinds of stories & quotes from her if you Google her name, like that her eyes hurt too much to read her daughter a bedtime story, and I think she once told me that she has to wake up during the night to put drops in, she can't even sleep through the night any longer.

With that being said, my husband loves his results. He went from very poor vision and very strong prescriptions to 20/20 in one eye and 20/15 in the other.

I sometimes wonder about doing that, but then I chicken out. Mainly because I have double vision, and the only reason it doesn't bother me to any extent is because one eye is significantly weaker than the other. In other words, I'm worried that instead of having a clear picture with a fuzzy double, I'll have two clear pictures.

I had it done almost 8 years ago. I'm not sure what my vision was, but I do know that on my contact box the left eye was -4.50 and my right eye was -3.75. I see pretty much perfectly now. My eye doctor said I may need reading glasses soon, but it's not bothering me, so until it does, I won't worry about it.

I am going to get Lasik for myself as a graduation present. i can't wait!!! Thin and no glasses how sweet!

That's exactly what I thought. That's why it was the first thing I did after LapBand...it was the next most noticeable physical trait that I don't like that I could pretty easily fix.

Isn't that the way it always is? I had them do the blade-free (I think intralase sp?). Because of the horror stories that I had heard - this uses a laser rather than the blade to make the cut. It cost $300 more per eye to have it done back when I did it.

wombat

I had the Intralase. Best laser in the country. :frown: