Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will also join sixties group

I am a healthy, active 70 year old female. Had surgery 12 Oct 2007, first fill 4cc on Dec 10th. Not losing any weight, what is wrong. need someone to talk to.

Just joined seventies group, but I am the ONLY member.....so I joined the sixties group also

I am a healthy, active 70 year old female. Had surgery 12 Oct 2007, first fill 4cc on Dec 10th. Not losing any weight, what is wrong. need someone to talk to.

Just joined seventies group, but I am the ONLY member.....so I joined the sixties group also

Hi there, I am a healthy 66 year old female, had surgery last week and have lost 12 lbs so far. Being on liquids for a week has made this possible am sure. I am still having pain, so have not started being active yet, but hope to next week. What are you eating? Have you had that full feeling yet we are supposed to get? Happened to me for first time today. Would love to chat.

Hi! I haven't had surgery yet so no help to you but just wanted to tell you that I will be 70 in August. I was excited to find sixty year olds as initially I thought everyone was going to be much younger! I think there are lots of helpful people out there. I'm sure you will hear from them. Joyce

I've heard that it generally takes 3-4 fills before you get restriction. Therefore, weight loss is probably really slow before that point. I have 2 weeks to go before my surgery, so I speak NOT from experience.

Hi there, I am a healthy 66 year old female, had surgery last week and have lost 12 lbs so far. Being on liquids for a week has made this possible am sure. I am still having pain, so have not started being active yet, but hope to next week. What are you eating? Have you had that full feeling yet we are supposed to get? Happened to me for first time today. Would love to chat.

You sound like you are doing just fine for having surgery last week. I can eat anything I want (that's the problem) and had that full feeling last month when I had my 4cc fill. But it didn't last very long. As for exercise, I started treadmill at 2 weeks, working up from 5 minutes at a time to over 30 minutes a day now. I also go to the Y for the Silver sneakers program, and have just started using the equipment. I still have swelling of the ankles although I do not eat salt. I go back to the doctor on the 4th.

:rolleyes2:

Hi! I haven't had surgery yet so no help to you but just wanted to tell you that I will be 70 in August. I was excited to find sixty year olds as initially I thought everyone was going to be much younger! I think there are lots of helpful people out there. I'm sure you will hear from them. Joyce

Hey....I was seventy last August 23rd. I also am very happy to find more out there my age. I too was thinking all the others were much younger. When is your birthday?

:rolleyes2:

I've heard that it generally takes 3-4 fills before you get restriction. Therefore, weight loss is probably really slow before that point. I have 2 weeks to go before my surgery, so I speak NOT from experience.

You sound like you are well informed, good luck to you on your surgery. Each person is different, and I hope to start losing after my next fill on the 4th.

Thanks for responding. That is what is so great about this forum.

Hi,

I am 60 yrs. old and going to have my surgery on March 28. I live in Manteca, Ca. Does anyone live in the bay area? I have many mixed feelings at this point. I am going to need a lot of support.

Hope to talk with many of you in the near future. I would like to know the pros and cons many of you have had and what I should look for as far as physical and mental issues and I will need some ideas on meals in the coming weeks. As soon as I am able I will be back on line to talk with all of you.

Spclk60

Hi there, I'm a 66-year-old female (a widow) that is approximately 2 years out from lapbanding surgery, and it is the single best thing I've ever done for myself. I had open heart surgery 6 years ago (5-way bypass) and thought I would never get approved for WLS. I knew the minute I saw the lapband info I wanted it, and I never quit until I got it. I am 5'9" and now weigh 150 lbs. (20 lbs. below the goal I set for myself). Life is good. I now can walk and walk, something I couldn't do before. I was told I needed 2 new knees, but since the surgery my knees are fine, as is my BP, triglycerides, cholesterol, and everything else.

It took me about 3-4 fills in a 4 cc band to get any real restriction. I am now 2 years out and I have 4 cc in a 4 cc band (which will hold up to 6 cc). Virtually, all the fat from my stomach pad is gone, and that is why the larger fill level is required. I am perfect right now, and have been for 4 mo. now. The time is going to come shortly when I will have a little saline taken out just to maintain. I wear a 10-12, and I'm amazed. I'm down 120 lbs. since the time I started pursuing this surgery.

To those who have just had the surgery, be patient until you get the right fill level. To those awaiting the surgery, I am convinced we are tough in our 60's and 70's, and this is a cakewalk compared to some surgeries I've had. I took pain meds for 2 days, and on the 3rd day I was with my daughter shopping at Walmart...and I haven't stopped being on the go since. Like I said life is sweet, and the Golden Years are truly golden now.

Best to all of you,

Skittles:thumbup:

Thanks so much for stopping by and inspiring me! I needed that. I hope I can get to a proper restriction level soon and do as well as you. Where are you from? I have a 4cc band too. Didn't know it would hold 6! Please drop in as often as you can.!!

lookin to join a group who has been banded for 5 years or more, Iam 53 and my band has started leaking. Does anyone know of this happin. thanks,Suzanne