Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm finally cleared for my revision, and I have a question

I'm looking at the Vitamins online and I was wondering if those of you that either originally had the bypass, or those who revised to it, can tell me which of these looks better? I know Vitamin needs for bypass are different than the sleeve. Thanks!!

https://www.bariatricadvantage.com/item/ultra-multivitamin

https://www.barilife.com/product/just-one-chewable-once-daily-bariatric-multivitamin-iron/

PS - I will be adding additional Biotin to whatever vitamins I end up with. like I do now. Just throwing that out there because neither of these provide the amount my surgeon recommends.

Good afternoon love! Just wanted to reply to your comment and share a bit of my journey with u. I had a revision in December from a VBG(first weight loss surgery approved) in 2004 to a gastric bypass do to esophogus issues, heartburn and major weight gain. I lost 46lbs after revision. The Vitamins I see you posted are great but expensive. I have blood check up every 3 months have been amazing and i take a Bariatric Vitamin from Amazon. 16.77 month. My health is fabulous. Look into amzon for vitamins love. It will really save you money and they work just as well. Please take your daily calcuim after revision and you will be just fine. Good luck and God Bless you

4 hours ago, Mo'Nique said:

Good afternoon love! Just wanted to reply to your comment and share a bit of my journey with u. I had a revision in December from a VBG(first weight loss surgery approved) in 2004 to a gastric bypass do to esophogus issues, heartburn and major weight gain. I lost 46lbs after revision. The Vitamins I see you posted are great but expensive. I have blood check up every 3 months have been amazing and i take a Bariatric Vitamin from Amazon. 16.77 month. My health is fabulous. Look into amzon for Vitamins love. It will really save you money and they work just as well. Please take your daily calcuim after revision and you will be just fine. Good luck and God Bless you

Thanks!! What vitamins do you take?

I wear a PatchAid Multivitamin every day. I currently take a daily chewable, BariMelts ADEK as well.

I go by each blood test result to see if I need to change things. I was still in the normal range Vitamin A in December but it was on the low side so I started the BariMelts ADEK shortly after that, and my last blood test this May shows good Vitamin A levels. So for now, I will keep the BariMelts ADEK along with my patch. I've been using Patches for more than a decade. That had been a constant.

I just take Centrum Senior (two a day), and add in a couple of supplements - D, B12, B-complex, Iron. Cheaper that way, but then, bariatric-specific Vitamins mean less pills to take. So ....convenience vs. cost - I could make a case for either.

1 hour ago, catwoman7 said:

I just take Centrum Senior (two a day), and add in a couple of supplements - D, B12, B-complex, Iron. Cheaper that way, but then, bariatric-specific Vitamins mean less pills to take. So ....convenience vs. cost - I could make a case for either.

I'm all about convenience lol I already have 4 pills I will always have to take because of my MS, so the less I have to take of other stuff, the better.

I use the Bariatric Pal One Daily multivitamin with Iron. I also supplement with calcium chews and a collagen/biotin Gummy. So far, so good. :)

Any bariatric Vitamin will do. You need a minimum a Multivitamin and daily Calcium to start and then your team will adjust from that based on your blood work.

The "melts" and "chews" are unbearably disgusting to me, so I would advise you try to find a "sample" size and taste them before you invest lots of money.

Some plans allow capsules and some don't, I was allowed and luckily have no problems with handling them. Maybe you could ask about capsules, unless of course you find you like the taste.

I was required to have chewables at first (still on them). My regimen for now is:

Prilosec on applesauce upon waking

chewable Calcium at Breakfast

Chewable calcium at lunch, and a B12 melt every other day

Two Flintstones Complete at dinner

BP med at bedtime (and my calcium if I missed one during the day)

I tried the Bariatric Advantage Calcium first and it *ahem* upset my stomach quite a bit. I was glad I had tried it before surgery ha. Although, to be fair, I was also taking major Vitamin C in the run up to surgery so that combo might have created the tummy/bathroom issues. I'm now taking the Celebrate calcium and while it isn't fantastic tasting, I try to just tell myself it tastes like a smartie 😅 not too bad.

Screenshot_20230417-135740.png

Screenshot_20230417-135758.png