Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holy moly!!!!

I think my cousin is trying to kill me LOL She's a trainer, and she gave me some really good pointers for cardio, strength training, and weight training.

Well, today was cardio day, and she said to go to speed 2.5 and incline 15 on the treadmill and sustain it for a solid 30-45 minutes. I thought "no problem, I can do that". OMG by the time I got to incline 12 I thought I was gonna die lol It took me 20 minutes to work my way up to incline 15. Once I got to it, I was able to sustain it for 40 minutes.

I'm so proud that I was able to do it. I really didn't think I could, especially at the end. Now I'm exhausted and my body is screaming, so it's time to eat dinner (chicken drumsticks) and then take a long, hot shower.

pic 1.jpg

Are you sure your cousin wasn't playing a joke on you?

While I am in admiration of your accomplishment your cousin should know this is no way to run a railroad.

Good luck,

Tek

13 hours ago, Lisa XO said:

Wow! Impressive. You have to update about how sore you are tomorrow! I love that sore.

Oh, I'm sore lol I woke up and body said "Bit%& you ain't doing ANYTHING today. Lay down" LMAO I'm going to be doing weight training today, but I'm going to go easier than she suggested since my body is NOT HAVING IT lol Tomorrow is strength training, then Thursday is cardio again, then I'm going to rest on Friday. I might rest on Saturday, too, depending on how I feel on Friday. We'll see.

4 hours ago, The Greater Fool said:

Are you sure your cousin wasn't playing a joke on you?

While I am in admiration of your accomplishment your cousin should know this is no way to run a railroad.

Good luck,

Tek

No, she's a professional trainer, and I asked her to help me come up with some new ways to strengthen and tone my body, burn fat and calories, and ward off the boredom of doing the same stuff over and over. I've never worked with a trainer before, and she's doing this for me for free. I'm very fortunate and grateful for her help.

Ok, my weight training today was INSANE. I only have 7 pound weights (I need to buy more) but I used them to their limits, believe me lol I did 50 squats with them, 50 lunges with them, 30 bicep curls, 30 hammer curls, 30 overhead presses, 30 goal post presses, 30 side curls, 30 side extensions, and 30 tricep kickbacks.

My goal is to get to 100 squats, 100 lunges, and 50 reps of each arm exercise. I'm gonna get there!!! I don't have as much arm strength as I'd like (that's more because of my MS) but I'll get it. Might take a while, but I WILL get there.

I know I'm going to be SO SO sore tomorrow, but I'm doing strength training (sit ups, stomach crunches, push ups, calf raises, front and side lunges without weights, squats without weights, and side leg raises) so I gotta keep pushing.

I'll do a rest day on Thursday (was going to do it on Friday, but I think my body will need it before that) and then start all over again with cardio on Friday, weight training on Saturday, and strength training on Sunday. Here's hoping I can keep this up!!!

12 minutes ago, SleeveDiva2022 said:

Ok, my weight training today was INSANE. I only have 7 pound weights (I need to buy more) but I used them to their limits, believe me lol I did 50 squats with them, 50 lunges with them, 30 bicep curls, 30 hammer curls, 30 overhead presses, 30 goal post presses, 30 side curls, 30 side extensions, and 30 tricep kickbacks.

My goal is to get to 100 squats, 100 lunges, and 50 reps of each arm exercise. I'm gonna get there!!! I don't have as much arm strength as I'd like (that's more because of my MS) but I'll get it. Might take a while, but I WILL get there.

I know I'm going to be SO SO sore tomorrow, but I'm doing strength training (sit ups, stomach crunches, push ups, calf raises, front and side lunges without weights, squats without weights, and side leg raises) so I gotta keep pushing.

I'll do a rest day on Thursday (was going to do it on Friday, but I think my body will need it before that) and then start all over again with cardio on Friday, weight training on Saturday, and strength training on Sunday. Here's hoping I can keep this up!!!

Think your friend would train me after my recovery? lol

Great job today. I need another update on soreness tomorrow!

3 minutes ago, Lisa XO said:

Think your friend would train me after my recovery? lol

It's my cousin lol And I'm posting everything here that she said for me to do so anyone who wants to do it, can. I'm also drinking Propel electrolyte Water, gatorade zero with Protein, and I use Arbonne pre workout Arbonne muscle recovery. And long, hot showers after lol I'm used to working out a lot, but these are INTENSE!!!

14 hours ago, Lisa XO said:

So omg my body hates me today lol Absolutely everything hurts. But it's that good hurt, you know? Today is strength training, and then I get to have a rest day tomorrow. I'm doing 50 sit ups, 50 stomach crunches, 25 push ups, 25 calf raises, 35 front and side lunges without weights, 35 squats without weights, 50 step ups (stepping up and down a step or elevated surface), and 50 side leg raises. Let's see how it goes!!!

Just finished my strength training for today, and thank goodness for pre-workout lol I never would have made it through otherwise. My body is so tired and so sore and just DONE. I'm off to have a long, hot shower and then some dinner. Definitely going to be an early night for me. So glad tomorrow is a rest day. Curious to see how tired and sore I'll be lol I'm proud of what I've been able to do. I didn't my body could do these things, and it's just a testament to the hard work I've put in that I can actually keep up with my cousin's program. Excited to see where I'll be in a month :)

Edited by SleeveDiva2022

Well today is my rest day, but I think I'm taking Friday (tomorrow) as well. Since we've had an arctic blizzard the last 2 days (Wed was negative 22, today was negative 15, and tomorrow is zero) I may as well enjoy the rest. Plus my body HURTS. Places I didn't know I had are achy and sore lol I'll do cardio again on Saturday, strength training on Sunday (after we do Christmas and clean up), and weight training on Monday. Switching strength and weight training hopefully will help with the soreness, too. I'm going to work out 3 days, take 2 off, workout 3, take off 2, etc until my body gets used to it and is less sore afterwards. Then I can work out 3 days, take 1 off, etc until I can work my body up to working out 6 days and taking 1 off, like I was before. It's a work in progress, but at least I have a plan and I'm working towards it :)

Man I'm tired!!! I did 50 sit ups, 50 stomach crunches (thinking I'll do those everyday because I REALLY need to tighten my stomach muscles), I did 40 step ups, and then I did an hour on the bike at resistance 15. Burned 318 calories, went 12 1/2 miles, and got my heart rate up to 131. Cardio day is always my favorite. Tomorrow is strength/core training!!!

I wrap my workout with 15/15, which is 15 minutes at level 15. It is a good way to wrap things up.