Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

I wands know if this surgery will truly help me? I’m so nervous one will till surgery and I wands cry! I love to drink and I’m afraid I will never have another drink again? Also I suffer from ibs d and wanna know of that will go away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i mean you can see all the people here that post that weight loss surgery does work if you stick to the plan. you can drink later on once you healed up... Most say weight a year but of course you dont have to but it will help your weight loss if you do. also alcohol will be a bit different than before where just a drink or two can get you pretty buzzed. remember beer has lots of carbs in it. carbs are something we want to keep to a minimum. (Low carb beers maybe)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VSG will not resolve IBS. VSG is solely a bariatric surgery and is only indicated for weight loss. That being said, some people do find their symptoms improve as a result of the drastic diet changes. Talk to your GI and your WLS team to get their input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2022 at 15:24, liveaboard15 said:



i mean you can see all the people here that post that weight loss surgery does work if you stick to the plan. you can drink later on once you healed up... Most say weight a year but of course you dont have to but it will help your weight loss if you do. also alcohol will be a bit different than before where just a drink or two can get you pretty buzzed. remember beer has lots of carbs in it. carbs are something we want to keep to a minimum. (Low carb beers maybe)


I love a glass of wine when I’m stressed out it’s not like I wanna get drunk just something to enjoy! I plan on sticking to it im not a foodie either since I poop all the time I avoid food so im excited to actually get into a healthy relationship with food. Hoping I hear some good things about ibs d getting fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kryska33 said:

I love a glass of wine when I’m stressed out it’s not like I wanna get drunk just something to enjoy! I plan on sticking to it im not a foodie either since I poop all the time I avoid food so im excited to actually get into a healthy relationship with food. Hoping I hear some good things about ibs d getting fixed

I have IBS but not IBS D. Nothing has changed for me in that regards. hopefully it does for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2022 at 15:48, Sleeve_Me_Alone said:



VSG will not resolve IBS. VSG is solely a bariatric surgery and is only indicated for weight loss. That being said, some people do find their symptoms improve as a result of the drastic diet changes. Talk to your GI and your WLS team to get their input.


Oo no! My doctor told me it would help my ibs that it would make me more constipated now I’m getting nervous to do the surgery in one week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The constipation doesn’t really last that long - usually just while you’re losing & it lessens as you progress & as you’re eating a broader range of foods & your portions get larger. Sure, I still have the odd day I have no movement but I used to have that before surgery. It could be I didn’t drink much Water the day before, my diet was a little off or just my body. Nothing to do with the surgery.

Many believe obesity & certain foods can trigger IBS which is likely why obese people with IBS do experience a reduction of symptoms after bariatric surgery: because of the change of diet & their weight loss.

Certainly worth eliminating the worst food offenders from your diet to see if that reduces your attacks if you’re not already doing so. And a further, more detailed conversation with your doctors may better answer your questions & concerns..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/18/2022 at 22:36, Arabesque said:



The constipation doesn’t really last that long - usually just while you’re losing & it lessens as you progress & as you’re eating a broader range of foods & your portions get larger. Sure, I still have the odd day I have no movement but I used to have that before surgery. It could be I didn’t drink much Water the day before, my diet was a little off or just my body. Nothing to do with the surgery.



Many believe obesity & certain foods can trigger IBS which is likely why obese people with IBS do experience a reduction of symptoms after bariatric surgery: because of the change of diet & their weight loss.




Certainly worth eliminating the worst food offenders from your diet to see if that reduces your attacks if you’re not already doing so. And a further, more detailed conversation with your doctors may better answer your questions & concerns..


Thank you! This makes me feel more positive.. I have ibs d the diarhea one I can’t ever go anywhere or do fun things with the family cause I have to make sure there is a bathroom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Hesitant but hopeful

      Hey October Surgery friends...how are you doing? I've lost 15 lbs since surgery on 18th.42 lbs overall. Wearing clothes that feel great. Had a bout of cold and stomach flu and still having some nausea off and on after that but getting better, I think. 
      Seems like I fill up and have minor pain quicker when I eat hot foods rather than cold. Anyone else notice this?
      Still sooo glad I did this.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Merri Beth  »  SamaLotus

      Hi I just saw that you are in Las Vegas too. We are going to the same center. Dr Laduc in same office as Dr Atkinson, is doing my sleeve on Nov. 28th.  I wish you the best!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Jessica100858

      24 days and counting down til surgery 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Bunny78

      Just over 2 weeks post-op….I’m getting there
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Voogs  »  KimA-GA

      always look forward to your updates, Hope you are well.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×