Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need more protein!! Please help

Hello everyone :S

I am a little more than 2 weeks post op and thankfully as far as healing I have been doing good. My first week was awful as I was barely getting any Protein or Water intake because it all felt super heavy on my stomach and I began to panic but even being two weeks out I’ve learned more about my body but it’s a working progress. This being said, even though I am getting more protein I am still lacking! Does anyone have any tips on how to get good amount of protein in? I push myself to do 30 gram shake and thankfully my stomach can take tuna but I don’t think I can do 2 shakes at this time and I don’t eat enough meals to get the rest of the protein in. I tired LiquaCel and it was horrendous! The taste just lingering of fish oil in my mouth has me throwing the bottle out and it was so pricey ugh I really need help

I’ve been trying to layer things to make Protein packed foods.

Like:
chicken, eggs, nonfat yogurt & Mayo

Refried Beans, cheese, sour cream & non fat yogurt.

I mix it up about a cup at a time and nibble it for a protein boost.

I also found things like RealGood brand frozen food (grain free / gluten free) that taste great and have 25-32 of protein in them.

I also split my shakes in half (not drinking them all at once. And space them through the day.

Are you able to eat purees yet? Oikos Pro yogurt is 25g Protein per cup...however I would be surprised if you were able to eat much more than 1/4 of the container in one sitting at 2 weeks out. (For some added punch, I like adding PB2 Peanut Butter powder to the banana flavor!, 6 more grams of Fiber in 2 TBSP for 60 calories)

Hi!

I'm 7 weeks post-op but I clearly remember being 2 weeks post-op, I found Protein2O bottled beverage really helps me get my Protein in! Its protein infused Water, You get 15g of protein from a 16oz (average sized) bottle of it! It's sugar free and counts as protein AND clear liquid!

Also, my doctor has me drinking Fairlife milk, its 13g for an 8 oz glass vs. its also lactose free and has 50% less sugar than regular milk! Its pretty popular in my area.

Are you still in the purée stage? It is hard. I
added unflavored Protein Powder to Soups or mashed potatoes. If I made a roast with veggies for the family I would blend up a little bit of all of it with some of the juice essentially making my own baby food, but it was good! I also ate a lot of soft scrambled eggs or even soft boiled eggs or made egg salad from hard boiled eggs.

6 hours ago, toodlerue said:

Are you still in the purée stage? It is hard. I
added unflavored Protein Powder to Soups or mashed potatoes. If I made a roast with veggies for the family I would blend up a little bit of all of it with some of the juice essentially making my own baby food, but it was good! I also ate a lot of soft scrambled eggs or even soft boiled eggs or made egg salad from hard boiled eggs.

8 hours ago, pintsizedmallrat said:

Are you able to eat purees yet? Oikos Pro yogurt is 25g Protein per cup...however I would be surprised if you were able to eat much more than 1/4 of the container in one sitting at 2 weeks out. (For some added punch, I like adding PB2 Peanut Butter powder to the banana flavor!, 6 more grams of Fiber in 2 TBSP for 60 calories)

I am on stage 3 already thankfully😅 I’ve tried a few different yogurts and I can’t even swallow it due to taste. I couldn’t believe it tbh . Thank you for the tip I am looking into the powder !!

7 hours ago, MissMerryberry said:

Hi!

I'm 7 weeks post-op but I clearly remember being 2 weeks post-op, I found Protein2O bottled beverage really helps me get my Protein in! Its Protein infused Water, You get 15g of protein from a 16oz (average sized) bottle of it! It's sugar free and counts as protein AND clear liquid!

Also, my doctor has me drinking Fairlife milk, its 13g for an 8 oz glass vs. its also lactose free and has 50% less sugar than regular milk! Its pretty popular in my area.

Yes thank you so much for this info, im buying those protein 20 drinks tomorrow to try!! Crossing my fingers 🤞🏾🤞🏾😩

8 hours ago, MissMerryberry said:

Hi!

I'm 7 weeks post-op but I clearly remember being 2 weeks post-op, I found Protein2O bottled beverage really helps me get my Protein in! Its Protein infused Water, You get 15g of protein from a 16oz (average sized) bottle of it! It's sugar free and counts as protein AND clear liquid!

This. I've been relying on Protein Water since surgery as a two-for-one method for getting in protein and fluids. Couldn't manage without it!

Bone Broth. It has more Protein than regular broth and is lovely to sip on warm. It was a life saver for me in the early stages - counts as Fluid and protein!

Early on I was constantly sipping on a Protein Shake. My doctor was more strict about eating though at 2 weeks I was just getting on pureed. Scrambled eggs were a God send! The flavor that I had been sadly missing and to actually be able to chew! Also if your tolerating tuna, try Tuna salad, the eggs mayo and Tuna is a lot of Protein but it might be too heavy on your stomach this early. Maybe try it? Dunno... it was another God send.

Sent from my SM-F926U using BariatricPal mobile app