Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I'm new to the board, my name is Paula and I live in Houston, TX. I'm planninf on having the Lapband placed in me, hopefully at the beginning of March (we'll see) my insurance isn't paying for it, so I'm taking out a loan for the procedure. I've been reading about Dr. Hadar Spivak, and from what I've read he's like the best when it comes to doing this procedure, he's one of the doctors that partcipated in the FDA clinical trials for the Lapband.

Well, I'll get to my question now, I would like to communicate with someone who's been a patient of his or is currently one of his patients, so I could ask you questions.

Any feedback you guys give is appreciated!!

Thanks

Paulap

Hi, Paula, I love Dr. Spivak and his staff. He is a very competent laproscopic surgeon. I was very glad I chose such a qualified and caring surgeon that didn't just slap a band in. He has a very kind, gentle manner and answers all your ?? Best of luck to you on your search for better health!

His website is www.lap-surgery.net

Marie..U are right. I never actually met Dr Spivak; but when I did talk to him on the phone he was very nice. His nurse tried to take the fill out; but could not hit my port. The radiologist ended up doing it under fluro. That is my only experience with him.

Guest jjx2

He has been wonderful! My husband had lapband, gall bladder and hernia repair on Tuesday and could have gone home Tues night. He chose to spend the night just in case he became ill. He didn't - was just fine.

I should be driving Dr. Spivak crazy because I wanted bypass, then lapband, then bypass again. Now I'm scheduled for Lapband on Wednesday. He has been extremely patient with me, explaining everything in great detail and spending lots of time with both me and my husband. It seems every time I would talk to someone with one or the other, I would decide that was for me. I finally chose the band to avoid totally changing my anatomy and to have a much faster recovery.

You will love Dr. Spivak and his staff! Good luck - go to his seminar ASAP

I also got banded this Tuesday and I went home the same day. Dr. Spivak is great and his office is really well run and will answer any little question you have. You also get a great post oprative talk from his nurse. He also took pictures for me!