Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Morning!! I’m just figuring this whole forum thing. I had my surgery on 06/08/21.
I was also menstrating when I had my surgery so not fun.
Getting prepped for surgery was a little nerve- wracking. I was nervous of course and when then started trying to put my IV in wasn’t a fun time lol. I am left handed and wanted the IV to go in my right arm so I could have mobility. So the nurse warmed both my arms with warm blankets. She had found one in my right arm right in the fold of my arm (not ideal)... thought was all good but when she tried letting the fluids pass through nothing moved. She discovered she missed my vein. Such a bummer because then I started dry heaving. After she took all of it out and tape etc. I needed to fan myself trying not throw up. Thankfully she asked another nurse to try and she was awesome found one in a more suitable place in my right arm. From that point on I was calm and ready to go.

Once this was done. The anesthesiologist and OR nurse picked me up and they took me to the operating room. There the anesthesiologist was like I’m going to give you something to calm you and then something to make you sleepy. Lol I kid you not I was out in a snap. Next thing you know I woke up very groggily in the recovery room. I never went to sleep after waking up until went home the next day. Throughout my stay at the hospital I lapped the halls there at least a 100 times through all hours of the night. One of my worst struggles was the 1st nurse was like if I didn’t urinate within a certain amount of time they would have to straight catheterize me. It happened and it was not fun :(

However the nurse I had on the next shift helped me tremendously she was like don’t worry about it just try in a few hours. Which I did at that worked for me.

Ok skipping some stuff I get home and I’m on Clear Liquids and had a BM the next day totally fine. But now it seems when I pass gas there is like diarrhea not a lot.. I get nervous if I feel a fart coming.

starting full liquids today including plain yogurt and Protein supplements (shakes).

I have never posted anything on a forum so please pardon me if I wrote too much.

I guess my question is...Is it normal to be bloated still and having little bits of loose stools? Also sleeping is not that easy.

Congrats!!!! Yes, I was bloated and still getting that gas out at least 4/5 days after surgery. Just keep walking to help with all of that. I wish your continued success and an easy recovery!

I had mine on 6/8 as well and I’m still bloated and have the same bm issues. Sounds like we’re both on the same track!

15 minutes ago, SummerTimeGirl said:

Congrats!!!! Yes, I was bloated and still getting that gas out at least 4/5 days after surgery. Just keep walking to help with all of that. I wish your continued success and an easy recovery!

Thank you so much ☺️

8 minutes ago, Elahnen said:

I had mine on 6/8 as well and I’m still bloated and have the same bm issues. Sounds like we’re both on the same track!

Thank you I feel better knowing someone is also having the same fun as me lol 😂 Hope everything get better for us both :)

Hi! It sounds like we had very similar experiences. How are you feeling now? I couldn't pass enough pee so they did the catheter on me too which was somewhere between awkward and pure relief.

I’m good now sometimes it just takes the next shift nurse to make all the difference. I came home the next day after surgery...it’s been a learning experience. I have to figure out what my new normal is ;)

Edited by amac07