Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone being scheduled in August? I meet with my surgeon on August 6th and get my date for surgery. So excited and welcome my upcoming successful journey of obtaining my goal.

My date is August 10th! Soo excited!

Sent from my SM-G981U using BariatricPal mobile app

congrats... I am excited for you!!

I'm booked for the 10th as well. It doesn't yet feel real. It was less than two months ago when I first started looking into surgery.... gone so fast.

I'm booked for the 10th as well. It doesn't yet feel real. It was less than two months ago when I first started looking into surgery.... gone so fast.

Same here! I feel like it's gone by so quickly, but at the same time I feel like I'm trudging through these last few weeks. It will be here sooner than we know!

How long is your liquid diet for? One week, two weeks...

2 minutes ago, Napua said:

How long is your liquid diet for? One week, two weeks...

My surgeon didn't give me a liquid diet... but I've so far failed to stick to his 'month long, reduced calorie diet'. I think I'm going to do the conventional two week milk diet instead. Not having to think about food would make it easier (for me).

In the nutrition class, we were notified when the surgeon gives us a date, we will get the Optifast liquid diet to shrink the liver to help the surgeon do the surgery and obtain a faster recovery process.

I only have to do liquids for 2 days before surgery. I'm self pay, so I think the requirements are different. A

Awesome! I will either be one or two weeks. I am hoping one week. Looks like self pay and insurance are different. Lucky you and I am so excited for you. Stay healthy and stay safe. My current wt is 200 lbs, 5 ft 1 inch.

I’m August 7th and getting ready to start the two week prep on Friday.

Super awesome! Congrats! I meet with my surgeon on the 6th to get my date.

I already ordered chewable Multivitamin, Iron, Calcium, Vit D and have these on hand. I also have unsweetened Jello, bariatric powder shakes, Protein Powder shakes and Protein Drinks on hand. I plan ahead and feel comfortable that I am set to go on this new healthy, successful journey.

39 minutes ago, Napua said:

I already ordered chewable Multivitamin, Iron, Calcium, Vit D and have these on hand. I also have unsweetened Jello, bariatric powder shakes, Protein Powder shakes and Protein Drinks on hand. I plan ahead and feel comfortable that I am set to go on this new healthy, successful journey.

I’m a planner too. Feels good to have things in place. Good luck on your journey!

Just got my date this morning! August 19th! So excited. 1 week liquid pre-op diet.