Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Know-It-Alls"......bug me to no end

hi

i have to get something off my chest.....there are a handful of know-it-alls on this website that bug me to no end.

the way they post....their opinions are the one and only ones that matter...

and they dont leave room for others to have different experiences.

i wont name names but i laugh when i read them accusing others of "advertising their doctors" when in fact they do the same thing.

and what's worse are their "followers" that kiss butt after the "guru's" post

i will say for the most part people on LBT are very supportive whether it is to give a loving kick in the butt or tons of support and information.

there are MANY success stories here and MANY different paths.

i fear the few "know-it-alls" dont allow others to experience their own experiences and share it for fear of being shut down.

i've been wanting to post this for weeks. but kept thinking...why bother? but since they most certainly get everything off their chests.....thought i'd do the same.

......here's to all of the many great success stories and the many paths taken.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry I needed that laugh today. It really truly is not you. It is just the number of passive aggressive people I have seen on here lately that make posts like this, in which you damn well know who they are talking about, but they won't just come out and say it. And it goes both ways.

What the hell is it lately with people just starting threads to bash each other? I will admit I have partaken in a bit of bashing via the "Why do people post just to post" thread, but at the same time that is not directed at any person in particular. IF you don't like someone or how they post the for goodness sake, don't respond or better yet put them on your ignore list. It seems like this is just turning into a huge us vs them forum and frankly it just reeks of obnoxiousness. Who wants to come around here and deal with all the drama?

Who draws the line between "sharing their experiences" and "being a know-it-all"? Personally I like to hear from people who are successful so I can find out how they did it and incorporate it into something that works for me. If people are going to take that information as someone being bossy and pushy, well shame on them then. No one ever says there is only one way of doing it. I can think of four very successful bandsters who have gotten their result in 4 very different ways. The only common factor they have is that they all exercise. Their eating habits greatly vary and they have all posted as to how it works for them.

As for Dr. advertisement....umm hello pretty much everyone around here does that. Those people who have had a great experience are going to talk about that and those who have not are going to talk about that too. My Dr. is awesome. I fricken love him. He is always there when I need him. But at the same time I am going to let people know what I hear about other doctors and hospitals in my area too. When I get information that someone was not given the time of day from their surgeon after surgery and they end up in the ER with a blood clot, you bet your ass I am going to tell everyone who asks about that hospital/surgeon that story. Not because I want to promote my doc, but because I do not want someone else to end up in that position.

Again josie, this really is not directed toward you. Your posting just gave me the opportunity to get this off my chest. Same as you I have been sitting on this thought for awhile and I was not really going to post it, but since I am bitchy today I figured what the hell.

hi babygirl

it must be the weather...it is raining cats and dogs down here.....

my purpose was 2-fold. first to get off my chest. i used to eat over things i kept in. i immediately felt better after the post.

but more importantly to let newcomers know it is ok to have different experiences.

you are right....it all boils down to calorie intake and exercise....

it isnt what is being said by the know-it-alls. many times they have good info. it is the tone that is the turn off for me.

i belong to a 12 step program where we are taught to share your own experience and practice tolerance. maybe that's why this bugs me so much...i learned a different way in that program.

anyway at least you/i feel better ha!!!!

maybe some of the "oldies" - AHEM - should just let the inexperience bandsters choke on their piece of steak. :wacko:

Sometimes I do wonder about that.

Are "they" (oh, dear, lmao) "Know it all's" because what "they" are saying isn't what the inexperienced bandsters want to hear?

Sometimes I do wonder about that.

Are "they" (oh, dear, lmao) "Know it all's" because what "they" are saying isn't what the inexperienced bandsters want to hear?

You hit the nail on the head.:devious

hi

i have to get something off my chest.....there are a handful of know-it-alls on this website that bug me to no end.

the way they post....their opinions are the one and only ones that matter...

and they dont leave room for others to have different experiences.

i wont name names but i laugh when i read them accusing others of "advertising their doctors" when in fact they do the same thing.

and what's worse are their "followers" that kiss butt after the "guru's" post

i will say for the most part people on LBT are very supportive whether it is to give a loving kick in the butt or tons of support and information.

there are MANY success stories here and MANY different paths.

i fear the few "know-it-alls" dont allow others to experience their own experiences and share it for fear of being shut down.

i've been wanting to post this for weeks. but kept thinking...why bother? but since they most certainly get everything off their chests.....thought i'd do the same.

......here's to all of the many great success stories and the many paths taken.

:blah: I find that this post being started is just as offensive as a "know it all".

Josiebies - know how you feel (he he you probably have seen my rant post!!) however realised that some people will always talk over others and that's their issue not ours. I agree with what someone else posted about just putting them on your ignore list - my life has been a lot quieter since I did it :wacko:)

Josiebies,

I couldnt have said it any better then you , dear. You can tell that some of them are just a pain in the ass every time they open their mouths; and they dont even know it.

Josebies-- thanks for saying what's been on my mind for a while. Also, congratulations on the great weight loss! I am 65, but was banded around the same time as you were and I'm also 5'8" and have lost 60lbs now. I was just wondering what a typical day for you is eating wise. I'm trying to get some new ideas. If you or anyone else has any ideas and would like to email me, my address is:

Doingitforme01@aol.com

Thanks in advance for any help you all can giver me.

I wish everyone could try to be a little nicer. This is supposed to be a support site. I would not want to see anyone choke on anything. Why not offer constructive advice and support? Works a lot better.I really hate to see this new verses old stuff.We are all here for support and help in this new life.I work hard to follow my doctors orders and to change bad habits and develop a healthier lifestyle.I come here looking for info to help me in those areas. Not to bicker, put anyone down or make fun of anyone. What is to be gained by that? Sorry , do not mean to preach, just tired of the negative stuff. Donna

josiebies--I'm not sure I understand what you are talking about. Can you offer some clarification to help me out? What would someone write to become categorized as a "know-it-all" vs. a "non-know-it-all"?