Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stomach pain and watery stool

Ok. For 3 days now I've had this pain I can't explain in the middle of my stomach. Like above my belly button in the top roll area. It comes in waves. Best way I can discribe it is like contractions. But not as painful. And my stool is like Water. I'm afraid to pass gas. Anyone else ever experience this? 4 years post op. And was told I had a slight twist in my sleeve. But my surgeon told me I'll know if it gets worse. I will throw up alot. Anything stomach related freaks me out.

I'm wondering if you are constipated. That could explain looser stool getting past some stool that is stuck and causing the pain. I would assume if it was a full blockage the pain would continue to get worse. Just to be cautious I would call your surgeon and see what they say. Make sure you stay hydrated and see if drinking the extra fluids help. Maybe sticking to liquids and soft foods for a day or 2 would help? Do you still have your gallbladder? I had gallbladder attacks with pain but didn't have diarrhea so I don't know if that could be the issue.

14 minutes ago, 2Bsmaller18 said:

I'm wondering if you are constipated. That could explain looser stool getting past some stool that is stuck and causing the pain. I would assume if it was a full blockage the pain would continue to get worse. Just to be cautious I would call your surgeon and see what they say. Make sure you stay hydrated and see if drinking the extra fluids help. Maybe sticking to liquids and soft foods for a day or 2 would help? Do you still have your gallbladder? I had gallbladder attacks with pain but didn't have diarrhea so I don't know if that could be the issue.

Yes I still have my gallbladder. I've not eat much in a few days. But I'll try going to liquids over the weekend.

When was your last poop? Have you lost all desire to really eat? Is the pain so bad that you just want to die? If so, then it's an ER thing. You need to go quickly.

Not to scare your, but it honestly sounds like a call to your doc's office and an ER trip if the pain is super bad. I had an internal hernia open up unexpectedly and my guts were twisted and obstructed. They symptoms were sudden (over 3-4 days) of cyclical pain--super bad cramping. Sudden diarrhea, loss of appetite and it felt like I could feel hardness and poop moving along my bowel. Then it all went deadly quiet and my abdomen was hard.

I had emergency surgery to correct it.

18 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

When was your last poop? Have you lost all desire to really eat? Is the pain so bad that you just want to die? If so, then it's an ER thing. You need to go quickly.

Not to scare your, but it honestly sounds like a call to your doc's office and an ER trip if the pain is super bad. I had an internal hernia open up unexpectedly and my guts were twisted and obstructed. They symptoms were sudden (over 3-4 days) of cyclical pain--super bad cramping. Sudden diarrhea, loss of appetite and it felt like I could feel hardness and poop moving along my bowel. Then it all went deadly quiet and my abdomen was hard.

I had emergency surgery to correct it.

It's been awhile since I've pooped normal. I ate today. But it kinda bothered my stomach some. Pains not that bad. But it's not something I want to happen constantly...

39 minutes ago, heav85 said:

It's been awhile since I've pooped normal. I ate today. But it kinda bothered my stomach some. Pains not that bad. But it's not something I want to happen constantly...

Maybe try some MOM and lots of Water. I'm betting you're just constipated. Sorry you are experiencing this!!!

I would bet you need your gallbladder taken out. That is exactly how mine felt.

liquids and soft foods for the next couple days. See if that helps. I'll keep you guys posted when I see what happens. I just panic with any stomach thing that doesn't feel normal.

Re gallbladder-they may do an ultrasound and not see any stones. I (before surgery) had this and kept getting these attacks. I had a HIDA as an and it showed my gallbladder was barely functioning so I scheduled surgery. I asked if I could postpone surgery and was told I would keep getting the pain and end up with emergency surgery so I opted to be able to plan ahead and schedule it. The surgeon said it looked worse than he anticipated so I was glad I had it out without it being an unscheduled emergency.

Over the weekend the pain eased up. But started to come back Sunday evening. I've had 3 big bowel movements but still runny...

I've just had a bite here and there of food... And trying to do intermittent fasting... I have tea that helps with digestion but kind of afraid to drink it. I'm pooping. I just want it to be normal. Lol

Me Too.