Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Highmark BCBS TN insurance approval

Posted (edited)

Do any one know how easy it is to get approval for a lap-band revision to RNY through Highmark BCBS TN or if they even cover it? Approval was easy for the lap-band but wasn't sure about revision surgery. I have to have lap-band removed and wait 3 months and have revision. Not sure if they (BCBS) would count as having 2 surgeries and would pay for the removal but not the revision. I checked the website and it seems unclear to me and I am afraid to call them and ask or do the physician's office take care of submitting whatever is needed to check for coverage and what percentage? I know my questions sound redundant but I am really seeking sincere advise. Thank you in advance!

Edited by Quinnmedicinewoman
Clarify type of insurance

I know you're afraid of a negative answer from them, but the best thing is to just call your insurance company and get all your questions answered. Good luck. You can do it!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you so much🙂

So, got a call today confirming my barium swallow test tomorrow and asked the receptionist if I was jumping the gun of asking if my insurance will cover both surgeries (removal of lap-band and revision to RNY). She called me back and stated that my surgeries will be covered under my insurance. Removal of lap-band as well as revision to RNY 3 months after the fact. Fortunately, my insurance covers 90%! All I can say is Wooooo Hooooo!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• ms.sss

Looks like I need people around to complete a 10K.  I tried to do one by myself this afternoon and I gave up at around the 7km mark.  Gonna try again on Friday, but I may have to look into joining a running club...
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • d711

post op 2 months
      · 0 replies
    • allwet

My Surgeon asked me a question the other day and i didn't give it a lot of thought at the time.
      He asked "do you tell"
      we were talking about peoples reaction to seeing me since i lost such a large amount of me.
      I answered that i do tell if they ask but that it seems most everyone is afraid to mention it if they haven't seen me in a while or they decided they already know the answer so they don't need the truth from me (we all know those types)
      I have had exactly one family friend come right out and ask me how i lost so much weight this year and i told her i had Gastric Sleeve.
      I am sure family has passed it around to other family (you have that type family don't you? or is it just me)  
      So that left me wondering "do you tell" and i dont mean right at surgery time. more like a year or so down the road do you say how or do you just say cut out the sugar and carbs and WAALAA
      Its a real personal choice to open yourself up to that kind of criticism and we know all about how we took the "Easy" way and yada yada yada.
      hope everyone is having a great week
      · 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

If people ask, I am open about it

• GreenTealael  »  Lynnem6

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
      ⚡⚡HAPPY SURGERY DAY & SAFE JOURNEY⚡⚡
      💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
      · 0 replies
    • GreenTealael  »  Lynnem6

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜