Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't save your skinny jeans...

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Just had to tell everybody the dilema I've been having regarding my CLOTHES!!!

I started at an 18. I am now moving on to a 14. I had saved my 'skinny' (meaning 14 and 16) clothes for this glorious day! Well, I have lost weight so fast that I only got to wear these clothes for a couple of weeks! Now they are going to be donated.

All I'm saying is that these damn clothes, that are now out of style by the way, have been taking up precious space in my closet for what!? NOTHING! I thought I wouldn't have to buy clothes for a while... but guess what... I'ts 2:30pm and I don't have any pants on right now because none of them fit me~! Shit!!!!!!!!

I'm a single mom and I am BROKE AS A JOKE! I don't have the $$ to go out and buy a new wardrobe.

I have been locating garage sales for tomorrow morning so I can maybe find some damn pants to wear to work. I guess I'll have to wear sweatpants 'till then...

Oh yeah! And another thing... I'm 31 years old and I guess I have been aging under all this fat for the past 10 years, and now that I am losing weight, I look like an old lady. Yippi!!!!

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I really hate to laugh at a post like this, but I've had some of my "skinny" jeans since the early 90's and until I read this, I didn't even THINK about how out of style they'd be......... LMAO!

I started out at a 24/26 and had DRAWERS full of 20 and 22 jeans, and I blew by those sizes so fast I felt the same way....WHY the hell did I bother keeping them at all???

And now, I'm in 18W, and I have drawers full of 16 and 18 (no w) and I'm wondering if they'll be worth wasting my time on... HELL.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">LOL that is so funny! Seriously! I wasn't expecting to be so upset about this!!! haha!!!!

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

What a great thread. I'm sure it is frustrating as heck!

I've sworn I'm not going to buy any clothes until I'm 100lbs down. Luckily I haven't really had much of a size change yet. I was in a 26/28 initially and now can wear some 24's I had in the closet. But for the most part, almost 75lbs later, the 26's still fit. It's pretty damned frustrating, actually. Hopefully when I hit the hundie mark, I'll be in at least a 22.

Great job to all those above me who have lost weight and changed sizes, what an amazing feeling!

oh boy... i think that is the one "down side" to dropping the weight. clothes not properly fitting.

i guess one good thing was i was in a 22/24 for quite awhile (from Jan - late Sept and that was about 60-65 lbs)... i finally broke down and bought some 18/20s. i was hoping they would last awhile, but now im not too sure....

What a great problem to have. I swore I would not buy any more clothes until after my band, I hadn't thought far enough ahead to think about what I will wear while I was losing. Probably a lot of elastic waist skirts that can be taken in without looking obvious. I got rid of all my skinny clothes when I gave up on ever losing weight again (before I heard about the band) so now all I have is fat clothes.

Do you live in a city large enough to have a "Goodwill" or "Salvation Army" store. They often sell barely used clothes for very reasonable prices to get you through to the next size. No point in spending a lot of money on clothes you won't wear but a few weeks.:)

Good luck

I have been thinking about that alot myself. I had purchased some very nice business clothes over the last couple of years and now I look at the closet and hope that I can wear them without looking shabby. I hate the thought of puting out for the expense again, but one of the dreams that I have is going into some of the ladies stores and actually being able to try on clothes from there. My goal is to never shop in a plus size store again. I might need to buy a pair of dress pants and just change up the tops.... to tide me over when I change sizes.

Skinny Jeans ? what the heck are those? I have been overweight since I hit puberty at 12 years old. I have NEVER owned a skinny jeans, but I will soon, whoohoo!

Hi:

I've been using the salvation army store to donate and also to buy "new" clothes. I can't see spending $40 to $50 for a pair of pants that will only fit for a few months. It's good to recycle. All I do is make sure I wash them before I wear them. I've already started collecting 18's, 16's, and 14's, and I'm wearing a 20 now. I started with 26/28.

Don't forget to donate your old clothes and take the tax deduction too.

Good luck.

Sue

eBay is a great place for deals also!

I'm with Faith, I'm disappointed in the LACK of clothing sizes I went down. I've resigned to the fact, I was wearing clothes that were too small to start, so I was in a 24/26 (stretch jeans & fitted tops) which probably SHOULD have been what's after that.. 26/28?? Now I can comfortably wear 20/22 bottoms and 18/20 tops. I've lost almost 70lbs, so I WISHED it was more in size department. Guess I should be happy, though..

I have shirts I've held onto that were too small, I'm waiting to wear (3x junior size at wal-mart). I tried them on about a month ago and they're still skin tight and won't cover my belly.

Hah, I win.. mom says I was born obese.

I remember wearing mens clothes in 4th grade, when I first cared about 'fashion'..men's corduroy jeans with men's t-shirts.. up till then I wore spandex pants with those big colorful tops.

Skinny Jeans ? what the heck are those? I have been overweight since I hit puberty at 12 years old. I have NEVER owned a skinny jeans, but I will soon, whoohoo!

Hey I actually have a couple of size 12 jeans and cords I'd love to offer to another bandster if anyone is interested as well as a few other clothes I no longer fit. I planned on eventually donating them to goodwill or a womens shelter but would actually rather pass them onto another bandster working her way down the scale. PM me if any of you are interested in a more detailed list. Warning on the pants I am 5'2" so most are short leg though even with a short leg they were too long but rather than cut them shorter making it even less likely to find someone else to give them to I duct taped them up inside the leg.