Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling Insurance Daily ???

My paperwork was submitted to BCBSTX last Monday the 4th, but wasn’t showing in their system till Thursday. I called Friday to make sure they had all the paperwork and they confirmed they did. The customer service representative told me it could take 7-10 days for an approval. Fast forward to Monday and I decided to call and check on the status. I was then told it could be 15 business days. So my question is this, should I be calling everyday? Do they show record of every time I call? I am anxious about getting my approval, but I also don’t want to delay my approval by calling everyday.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!!

They type it in there log in your file. But your calling is not going to change the outcome. They probably only have a few days a month they get there approval board together to look over stuff.

There's no need for you to call every day. Just be patient. It takes a while.

I have BCBSTX, too, and was just told my authorization was submitted today. They said insurance is allowed to take up to 15 days from today to approve or deny. I have heard of some people getting an approval in as little as 4 days but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you all for your feedback. I will practice my patience and just wait it out.

On 02/13/2019 at 11:44, FatGhoul said:

I have BCBSTX, too, and was just told my authorization was submitted today. They said insurance is allowed to take up to 15 days from today to approve or deny. I have heard of some people getting an approval in as little as 4 days but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

I see the pre-authorization on the BCBSTX app but it won’t show me the status. I guess I will call Monday. I’m just anxious to know the verdict. Fingers crossed we both know soon.

I see the pre-authorization on the BCBSTX app but it won’t show me the status. I guess I will call Monday. I’m just anxious to know the verdict. Fingers crossed we both know soon.
I know, I'm so anxious too. My pre-auth isn't showing yet. I'm sure it doesn't hurt to call. Hope we both get a surgery date soon :)

Well I just confirmation my request for Duodenal Switch was denied because my BMI is not 50. I’m at 47.3 so I would need to gain like 16 lbs before they would approve me. It’s ridiculous and I’m not gaining 16lbs. So I am going with my backup plan of the Gastric Bypass.

Well I just confirmation my request for Duodenal Switch was denied because my BMI is not 50. I’m at 47.3 so I would need to gain like 16 lbs before they would approve me. It’s ridiculous and I’m not gaining 16lbs. So I am going with my backup plan of the Gastric Bypass.
That's crazy! Hope you have better luck getting approved for the bypass.