Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Learning to be this size...

I was wondering if any guys fill the same way i feel...i have lost a lot of weight but i still have a lot of old ways...how do i get those old ways out of me....

I was wondering if any guys fill the same way i feel...i have lost a lot of weight but i still have a lot of old ways...how do i get those old ways out of me....

First off way to go on the loss ! Outstanding job !

I really don't know if it will truly ever go away. I am still not thin yet but on my way there. The problem I have most is that I still see myself over 300lbs and think I am huge still. I am constantly comparing myself to other big guys in public (quietly). I am always asking my GF if I am bigger or smaller. Its an odd thing and I am sure we are not alone with feeling this way. I just hope with time it gets better.

First off way to go on the loss ! Outstanding job !

I really don't know if it will truly ever go away. I am still not thin yet but on my way there. The problem I have most is that I still see myself over 300lbs and think I am huge still. I am constantly comparing myself to other big guys in public (quietly). I am always asking my GF if I am bigger or smaller. Its an odd thing and I am sure we are not alone with feeling this way. I just hope with time it gets better.

funny this is the same problem i have...it serves true that we are our own worse critic!! thanks for the response man...its good to hear it from someone who is living the same journey

I was just banded on 10/25 and for me it's all still new. It's just so awsome to see that you guys have done so well, loosing that much weight is great.

It's amazing that I have no stomach hunger but really do have head hunger. It must be our make-up or something. Like the Dr. told me, "it is a life change that you need to go through'.

I hope that I can loose as much weight as you two, hang in there and good luck changing the old habits.

Journey Began - 3/24/07 - 374

Banded - 10/25/07 - 338

Today - 11/15/07 - 320

End of year goal - 300

Hello everyone. I just got my final approval from my insurance company and my banding is scheduled for Dec. 3 (I wanted to eat for Thanksgiving), so I delayed it for a week. My doctor has put me on a clear liquid diet for the 10 days prior to surgery, making me lose 10 lbs. prior to surgery. I'm worried that I will starve in those 10 days. Then after surgery I have 2 more weeks of Clear liquids, then 2 weeks of full liquids, then mushies. Can anyone tell me a basic day of what they ate? I'm thinking Atkins Protein shakes, broth, s/f popcycles, s/f Jello and then I'm lost. I'm really thinking I'm going to starve to death. I fought tooth and nail for this surgery with my insurance and now that its almost hear, I'm scared I'm going to fail. Any help with this diet would be appreciated. Everyone, have a nice Thanksgiving.

Debbie P.

4) No longer obsessive about flashy shirts with loud patterns, colors, graphics, etc;

Do my Hawaiian shirts count into this equation? :)

They hide my concealed handgun so well ;)

It's both depressing and enlightening to see those who are lighter than me having the same issues I am. I know objectively that I'm doing well, and am well within 'normal' body ranges now (cue minirant about BMI charts).

I can't 'see' it in the mirror, though, and I still act like the fat guy when interacting with people. For those who have been there, does therapy help? Are there therapists that specialize in body image issues for WLS patients?

One thing I HAVE noticed -- I no longer get the 'bow wave effect' when walking through a crowded place. That's kind of annoying :)

There was a big long thread about this. All the people who were at goal and have been for awhile still think of themselves as fat.

I hope when I get to goal, I will feel like I really am at goal. Right now, I have an attic full of clothes that don't fit me because I feel like it's all going to be taken away from me. The band is too good to be true.

One thing I HAVE noticed -- I no longer get the 'bow wave effect' when walking through a crowded place. That's kind of annoying :)

That cracked my up.

I am having some of these issues as well. I know that I have lost a lot of the weight, but I still see myself at 360lbs, even though I am buying XL and L sized clothing.

I am hoping that my head will adjust to the new sized me. I really dont know what size I am yet I find myself looking at other guys thinking am I bigger or smaller than him.

Andrew

Do my Hawaiian shirts count into this equation? :confused:

They hide my concealed handgun so well :smokin:

What holster are you using for your C.H.? I just applied for my license here in TX and should have it in a couple weeks. I am going to carry a compact 9mm. I was just worried about finding a holster that would work practically for a large guy. Where do you usually conceal?

This is the last topic I thought I would find here on LBT! Glad you brought it up!

<p>

</p> <p> </p> <p>Congrats on all the weight you have lost! I can't wait to join you. I have over 200 pounds to lose and I can't even imagine what life is like without having to scope out the room first to make sure I don't walk through an area where I can't fit, or have to sit at a table because when I sit at on, I end up wearing it and can't get out. </p> <p> </p> <p>I think it just takes time. A freind of mine who has lost over 100 pounds said every time she gets her jeans out of the dryer she thinks, "Whose jeans are these in my dryer?" She said it never fails, every time she washes she thinks the same thing. Eventually your mind will catch up with your body.</p>

Ok, let's try this again, I had a senior moment with the last post.

Congrats on all the weight you have lost! I can't wait to join you. I have over 200 pounds to lose and I can't even imagine what life is like without having to scope out the room first to make sure I don't walk through an area where I can't fit, or have to sit at a table because when I sit at a booth (if I can even squeeze in), I end up wearing it and can't get out.

I think it just takes time. A freind of mine who has lost over 100 pounds said every time she gets her jeans out of the dryer she thinks, "Whose jeans are these in my dryer?" She said it never fails, every time she washes she thinks the same thing. Eventually your mind will catch up with your body.

re: "What holster are you using for your C.H.?"

Perhaps I'll have part of my pannus stitched together to form a proper sized pouch.....if I can't get rid of it I may as well find a use for it!!! HAR!!!!

Ouch! Jack... I just had surgery a couple days ago... You shouldn't make me laugh so hard I might bust a stitch or something!

man i dont know how you guys do it. I am down 55lbs in 5 months and i can go weeks without dropping a lb and then boom 5. What is the secret? I have had 5 fills and never hungry but still eat albeit a lot healthier and much smaller portions. What i dont get is that my dr made it seem like i should only be able to eat a couple oz of food. I could eat a porter house if i wanted to but i am not hungry nor do i want to gorge. I work out between 3-5 days a week. I just don't get why I can't drop faster. My dr doesn't think it is a worry because i am on track for 2 lbs a week but man i want it to come off faster. Guys please share your daily routines including menus etc.</p>

Eat three small meals a day and then bust your ass at the gym.

More about the three small meals:

Sub 35g carb per DAY

Keep calories under 1000 or so.

Protein, Protein, protein.

More about the gym:

20g Protein shake 30-45 minutes beforehand

20g Protein Shake as soon as you get home, hopefully within 30min or so.

Oh, and bust your ass. :)