Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LiquaCel packets?



Recommended Posts

Just wondering what the general consensus was about LiquaCel packets. I travel a lot for work and these look convenient, just wondering about taste, flavors, etc. Want to have something that mixes readily with bottled Water that isn't a shake or pudding. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, WNC AV8R said:

Just wondering what the general consensus was about LiquaCel packets. I travel a lot for work and these look convenient, just wondering about taste, flavors, etc. Want to have something that mixes readily with bottled Water that isn't a shake or pudding. Thanks!

LiquaCel does not taste good. LOL. I recommend the peach mango or watermelon if you get any. If you go to the manufacturers site, you can get a sample of all 5 flavors for 5$. It is not a "complete" Protein (it's collagen), so it can't fully replace Protein Shakes, but good if you need a boost for the day or if you are traveling short-term. Unjury sells individual shake packets, too. Liquacel is nice because it is one ounce and you're done. But it tastes like medicinal goop. Bearable... You don't have to mix it with anything. In fact I recommend you don't. The flavor is not good and it is thick gel. Just slurp it from the pouch in 2 seconds and be done. Like taking cold medicine.

Edited by mousecat88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

LiquaCel does not taste good. LOL. I recommend the peach mango or watermelon if you get any. If you go to the manufacturers site, you can get a sample of all 5 flavors for 5$. It is not a "complete" Protein (it's collagen), so it can't fully replace Protein Shakes, but good if you need a boost for the day or if you are traveling short-term. Unjury sells individual shake packets, too. LiquaCel is nice because it is one ounce and you're done. But it tastes like medicinal goop. Bearable... You don't have to mix it with anything. In fact I recommend you don't. The flavor is not good and it is thick gel. Just slurp it from the pouch in 2 seconds and be done. Like taking cold medicine.

I've tried the Unjury and I really don't like them. They have a weird after-taste to me. Thanks for the tip on the sampler. I'll give that a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WNC AV8R said:

I've tried the Unjury and I really don't like them. They have a weird after-taste to me. Thanks for the tip on the sampler. I'll give that a try.

Yeah, Unjury is super gross. lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You either LOVE them or HATE them. There's no in between. I personally can't stand them but people in my office LOVE them! I need to dilute them quite a bit to get them down. You should definitely try them out to see which team you're on. Let us know!

Some other options you might want to look at:

1) Liquid Protein concentrate like https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/bariatric-predigested-protein-liquid-protein/products/bariatricpal-fruit-drink-15g-protein-concentrate-jumbo-variety-pack

2) Protein shots like https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/bariatric-predigested-protein-liquid-protein/products/bariatricpal-15g-protein-shots-variety-packs

We have some other liquid options at https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/bariatric-predigested-protein-liquid-protein as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I had peach-mango liquidcell while at OSU last month, I could stand that flavor , tried 2 other flavors, a fruit punchy one and grape. If I hadn't worried about somebody falling, I would have dumped them out on the floor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
And watch out for the 15 gram liquid drink. Sorry Alex but that "Apple" has a strange aftertaste I could not stand to drink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×