Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 2018

I lost 4 pounds in 3 weeks, after losing 40 from Early September to late November. I was blamed my slowdown from now being on TPN, but maybe we are entering an atypical phase? If we are doing all the right things, checking off appropriate boxes, kick back mentally and stop worrying!😝😕😝

So were you in a stall and you have resumed losing? Or @tsking, is it more of the Same Old Same Old. They have cut my TPN cycle from 14 on,10 off to 12-12, this should help me resume losing better without making my nutrition suffer.

So were you in a stall and you have resumed losing? Or @tsking, is it more of the Same Old Same Old. They have cut my TPN cycle from 14 on,10 off to 12-12, this should help me resume losing better without making my nutrition suffer.
What's TPN?

Sent from my LG-TP450 using BariatricPal mobile app

Ah Darlin', this is not a normal and logical situation sweet Frustr8 is in. I am the rarer , watch out for your surgeon might have skimmed over talking about. I have a stomal stricture in Precious Pouch, and she has 2 ulcers also, on the back wall of my jejunem- the portion of small intestine the pouch attaches to, I have 3 more angry ulcers and the potential to ulcerate on down toward the ileum. I have had 4 endoscopy scopings, on every EGJ is still was not healing up, solider foods can't pass through, so I was on a liquid diet and still am, in theory. After my last scope I was hospitalized, that was November 28th, on the 29th a PICC LINE was established in my upper left arm, snakes through the venous tree, 48 cm, roughly 19 inches long, the tip is located in my superior Vena Cava, and rests only a couple inches from the right atrium , the upper chamber of my ❤. The line rested for a day then on the 30th TPN, which stands for Total Parenterel Nutrition, I get a feeding solution pumped in, I was on 14 hours on, 10 off daily, I just graduated? to a 12-12 cycle on January 1sr, I can try 1 meal of liquid something daily if I desire but the solution supplies my nutritional needs as it is. 1430 calories of goodness, Wowser that's about twice what I was taking when I was feeding by mouth. I simply count not ingest the 90-120 grams of Protein Dr Noria says I needed to heal the verdompt ulcers, so this is an easier way for me. Oh I wasn't TOO THRILLED to have this happen to me, my son and I learned the steps so we do it all ourself, no stupid home health nurses having to do it. Twice a week I have blood draws, luckily they can remove blood from the PICC line, better than having someone go up and down my arms looking for an non- rolling surface vein. I used to look like someone threw rocks at me.
I have lost over 100 pounds from my highest weight, lost 15 pounds on my liver shrinking diet in August , and close to 50 since my surgery September 5th, for a while I was protein poor and nearly malnourished , I was losing weight like a sea-sick anorexic sailor, nice losing but it was pushing me me into a depletion corner. Weighed myself last week at my Primary Care while my son was doing his appointment, looked like I was stalled by came home , did a giant #2, had to flush 3 times so I have to weigh less, tomorrow is blood draw and then appointment at Primary care for me, why they couldn't have booked us same day, is beyond my comprehension. But anyhoo, I shall weigh and see.And PICC stands for Peripherally Inserted Central Cathetern see you're getting a mini-tutorial today. How much longer will I have it? I have a surgeon appointment the 15th, another endoscopy the 25th with his Partner Dr Noria who love love loves doing them, she is also is a super competent Bariatric, Gastrointestinal and does do General Surgery but Endoscopy is her " Bang Zone" I really like her and Dr,Needleman, and have to believe they have a Plan of Care and have my best interests at ❤ but this sure is not the scenario I had planned for myself.👈😡👉💉💊

Ah Darlin', this is not a normal and logical situation sweet Frustr8 is in. I am the rarer , watch out for your surgeon might have skimmed over talking about. I have a stomal stricture in Precious Pouch, and she has 2 ulcers also, on the back wall of my jejunem- the portion of small intestine the pouch attaches to, I have 3 more angry ulcers and the potential to ulcerate on down toward the ileum. I have had 4 endoscopy scopings, on every EGJ is still was not healing up, solider foods can't pass through, so I was on a liquid diet and still am, in theory. After my last scope I was hospitalized, that was November 28th, on the 29th a PICC LINE was established in my upper left arm, snakes through the venous tree, 48 cm, roughly 19 inches long, the tip is located in my superior Vena Cava, and rests only a couple inches from the right atrium , the upper chamber of my [emoji173]. The line rested for a day then on the 30th TPN, which stands for Total Parenterel Nutrition, I get a feeding solution pumped in, I was on 14 hours on, 10 off daily, I just graduated? to a 12-12 cycle on January 1sr, I can try 1 meal of liquid something daily if I desire but the solution supplies my nutritional needs as it is. 1430 calories of goodness, Wowser that's about twice what I was taking when I was feeding by mouth. I simply count not ingest the 90-120 grams of Protein Dr Noria says I needed to heal the verdompt ulcers, so this is an easier way for me. Oh I wasn't TOO THRILLED to have this happen to me, my son and I learned the steps so we do it all ourself, no stupid home health nurses having to do it. Twice a week I have blood draws, luckily they can remove blood from the PICC line, better than having someone go up and down my arms looking for an non- rolling surface vein. I used to look like someone threw rocks at me.
I have lost over 100 pounds from my highest weight, lost 15 pounds on my liver shrinking diet in August , and close to 50 since my surgery September 5th, for a while I was Protein poor and nearly malnourished , I was losing weight like a sea-sick anorexic sailor, nice losing but it was pushing me me into a depletion corner. Weighed myself last week at my Primary Care while my son was doing his appointment, looked like I was stalled by came home , did a giant #2, had to flush 3 times so I have to weigh less, tomorrow is blood draw and then appointment at Primary care for me, why they couldn't have booked us same day, is beyond my comprehension. But anyhoo, I shall weigh and see.And PICC stands for Peripherally Inserted Central Cathetern see you're getting a mini-tutorial today. How much longer will I have it? I have a surgeon appointment the 15th, another endoscopy the 25th with his Partner Dr Noria who love love loves doing them, she is also is a super competent Bariatric, Gastrointestinal and does do General Surgery but Endoscopy is her " Bang Zone" I really like her and Dr,Needleman, and have to believe they have a Plan of Care and have my best interests at [emoji173] but this sure is not the scenario I had planned for myself.[emoji118][emoji35][emoji117][emoji382][emoji381]
Hello,
Before the surgery my doctor had me on Omerprazole 40 Mg. She said that it look like I was forming a ulcer. I have to take these once a day. That was before and after the sleeve. I haven't had any complications at all since the surgery. My sister in law said that she started out loosing the weight slow. By me only loosing 3 pounds in November I want to know if that was normal. I feel like I lost more in Dec but I havent been to the doctor yet. I dont eat 5 time a day like they say. I still do 2 protien shakes a day. I'm not going to lie I ate for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New years. I eat out of a bowl. So each day I ate 2 time but a very little amount. I have had sweets also more yesterday than other holidays. But im glad the holidays are over and I can get back on track.

Ah Darlin', this is not a normal and logical situation sweet Frustr8 is in. I am the rarer , watch out for your surgeon might have skimmed over talking about. I have a stomal stricture in Precious Pouch, and she has 2 ulcers also, on the back wall of my jejunem- the portion of small intestine the pouch attaches to, I have 3 more angry ulcers and the potential to ulcerate on down toward the ileum. I have had 4 endoscopy scopings, on every EGJ is still was not healing up, solider foods can't pass through, so I was on a liquid diet and still am, in theory. After my last scope I was hospitalized, that was November 28th, on the 29th a PICC LINE was established in my upper left arm, snakes through the venous tree, 48 cm, roughly 19 inches long, the tip is located in my superior Vena Cava, and rests only a couple inches from the right atrium , the upper chamber of my [emoji173]. The line rested for a day then on the 30th TPN, which stands for Total Parenterel Nutrition, I get a feeding solution pumped in, I was on 14 hours on, 10 off daily, I just graduated? to a 12-12 cycle on January 1sr, I can try 1 meal of liquid something daily if I desire but the solution supplies my nutritional needs as it is. 1430 calories of goodness, Wowser that's about twice what I was taking when I was feeding by mouth. I simply count not ingest the 90-120 grams of Protein Dr Noria says I needed to heal the verdompt ulcers, so this is an easier way for me. Oh I wasn't TOO THRILLED to have this happen to me, my son and I learned the steps so we do it all ourself, no stupid home health nurses having to do it. Twice a week I have blood draws, luckily they can remove blood from the PICC line, better than having someone go up and down my arms looking for an non- rolling surface vein. I used to look like someone threw rocks at me.
I have lost over 100 pounds from my highest weight, lost 15 pounds on my liver shrinking diet in August , and close to 50 since my surgery September 5th, for a while I was protein poor and nearly malnourished , I was losing weight like a sea-sick anorexic sailor, nice losing but it was pushing me me into a depletion corner. Weighed myself last week at my Primary Care while my son was doing his appointment, looked like I was stalled by came home , did a giant #2, had to flush 3 times so I have to weigh less, tomorrow is blood draw and then appointment at Primary care for me, why they couldn't have booked us same day, is beyond my comprehension. But anyhoo, I shall weigh and see.And PICC stands for Peripherally Inserted Central Cathetern see you're getting a mini-tutorial today. How much longer will I have it? I have a surgeon appointment the 15th, another endoscopy the 25th with his Partner Dr Noria who love love loves doing them, she is also is a super competent Bariatric, Gastrointestinal and does do General Surgery but Endoscopy is her " Bang Zone" I really like her and Dr,Needleman, and have to believe they have a Plan of Care and have my best interests at [emoji173] but this sure is not the scenario I had planned for myself.[emoji118][emoji35][emoji117][emoji382][emoji381]
Did your Doctor also put you on URSODIOL 300 Mg? They are for gall bladder. It seems that everyone that have the surgery end up having gall bladder problems. I dont know how long I will be on these but I've.been on them since the surgery.

And I WAS on omeprazole when my gastroenterologist discovered I had gastritis and Hector, my original ulcer. Dr Mujtaba switched me to Dexilent in December 2017, things were marching ahead, gastritis started diminishing, Hector went into a peaceful, non troubling slumber and I headed toward my surgery, which I had fought a war to receive since August 2015. Fast forward to September, they took away my Dexilent, and gave me omeprazole, No No I chanted, I got the medical equivilent of" Shut up, We know what we are doing" now it may work for many but it was not gastroprotective for me. They wanted me to open th3 xapsul3s and pour it on applesauce, shoot I could have cut my Dexilent,open and done the same thing. 2 weeks in, I started complaining that SOMETHING was wrong, and I still got ignored because they believed it was simply after-surgery swelling. Finally in early Octob3r just to shut me up, an endoscopy 3as scheduled and I was proved correct, they might have the fancy degrees but I had lived in this body a LONG time and I knew something wasn't adding up. And now this problem is entering its 3rd month and it isn't QUITE RESOLVED. My state of wanting to blow someone or something up is finally disapating. but I am having to live this way, they don't have the pain, the pouch spasming, the right subcostal pain from the 3 evil intestinal ulcers, and the sense that I am a failure and I am to blame somehow, everybody is joyfully bee-bopping along but me! I am red-head, I am shaking a👊 fist at a few people by now.

And I WAS on omeprazole when my gastroenterologist discovered I had gastritis and Hector, my original ulcer. Dr Mujtaba switched me to Dexilent in December 2017, things were marching ahead, gastritis started diminishing, Hector went into a peaceful, non troubling slumber and I headed toward my surgery, which I had fought a war to receive since August 2015. Fast forward to September, they took away my Dexilent, and gave me omeprazole, No No I chanted, I got the medical equivilent of" Shut up, We know what we are doing" now it may work for many but it was not gastroprotective for me. They wanted me to open th3 xapsul3s and pour it on applesauce, shoot I could have cut my Dexilent,open and done the same thing. 2 weeks in, I started complaining that SOMETHING was wrong, and I still got ignored because they believed it was simply after-surgery swelling. Finally in early Octob3r just to shut me up, an endoscopy 3as scheduled and I was proved correct, they might have the fancy degrees but I had lived in this body a LONG time and I knew something wasn't adding up. And now this problem is entering its 3rd month and it isn't QUITE RESOLVED. My state of wanting to blow someone or something up is finally disapating. but I am having to live this way, they don't have the pain, the pouch spasming, the right subcostal pain from the 3 evil intestinal ulcers, and the sense that I am a failure and I am to blame somehow, everybody is joyfully bee-bopping along but me! I am red-head, I am shaking a[emoji109] fist at a few people by now.
I pray that things get better for you. In all I'm trying to loose 77 lbs. I dont want to loose to fast and end up gaining the weight back. I look at this chart and I think I'm doing pretty good.it says if you weight between 200-250 3 months out you should have lost between 25-35 lbs.

No ursodiol because I don't have a gall bladder anymore, but I still can get liver sludge, like the starlings toward a stone if I wasn't bladder-free and it will remain there until 3 weeks after they finally discontinue this,, so it is not impossible I might be given a half-dose to clear my liver. Very good question though.
And something very weird, you know I said little actually in my GI tract but they are more regular now than before. There is enough cellular byproducts and stuff that I have at least 1 soft 💩daily. Would have thought Nothing In Nothing Out but I was wrong.

See you are still cool with your pace of loss, I started above 300 so I am not doing bad, but who would have thought so?

No ursodiol because I don't have a gall bladder anymore, but I still can get liver sludge, like the starlings toward a stone if I wasn't bladder-free and it will remain there until 3 weeks after they finally discontinue this,, so it is not impossible I might be given a half-dose to clear my liver. Very good question though.
And something very weird, you know I said little actually in my GI tract but they are more regular now than before. There is enough cellular byproducts and stuff that I have at least 1 soft [emoji90]daily. Would have thought Nothing In Nothing Out but I was wrong.
I was never regular with [emoji90] after the surgery I started going once a day. But now im back to irregular. I'm going to talk to my doctor about this. I dont have to see the doctor until February and then she said I want see her no more until 2020.

I have lost over 100 pounds from my highest weight, lost 15 pounds on my liver shrinking diet in August , and close to 50 since my surgery September 5th, for a while I was protein poor and nearly malnourished , I was losing weight like a sea-sick anorexic sailor, nice losing but it was pushing me me into a depletion corner. Weighed myself last week at my Primary Care while my son was doing his appointment, looked like I was stalled by came home , did a giant #2, had to flush 3 times so I have to weigh less, tomorrow is blood draw and then appointment at Primary care for me, why they couldn't have booked us same day, is beyond my comprehension. But anyhoo, I shall weigh and see.And PICC stands for Peripherally Inserted Central Cathetern see you're getting a mini-tutorial today. How much longer will I have it? I have a surgeon appointment the 15th, another endoscopy the 25th with his Partner Dr Noria who love love loves doing them, she is also is a super competent Bariatric, Gastrointestinal and does do General Surgery but Endoscopy is her " Bang Zone" I really like her and Dr,Needleman, and have to believe they have a Plan of Care and have my best interests at [emoji173] but this sure is not the scenario I had planned for myself.[emoji118][emoji35][emoji117][emoji382][emoji381]
Congratulations on your Looking a 100 lbs

See you are still cool with your pace of loss, I started above 300 so I am not doing bad, but who would have thought so?
I started at 226 so I guess I'm good. Once im able to get back to the gym and walking it will fall off. I'm off work due to a bulging disc in my back. So I'm limited on what I can do. But I'm under 200 lbs thats a plus.

Oh I dream of Onederland and you're already there! A world 🌎of losing before I get there, I figure between a year to 18 months out, but it is someday achievable.