Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm worried suddenly. First of all, my surgery date was set for December 13th on November 30th. So I was told to start the pre op diet on December first, but then they couldn't get me in to a Pre op diet class until December 6th. I did start on the first, but that was not two weeks out, then when i went to the class i found i was not doing it quite right. I was eating 2% cheese, but "not the right kind" and my Protein Drinks had to many calories. My powder is fine,but then adding it to a drink made it more calories than they allow. So what I'm saying is, I'm basically only getting one week of pre op diet before my surgery this Thursday. Should i consider asking my surgeon to reschedule so I can try again and get that liver all shrunk up like they want? I want to do everything right, this is kind of a kind about thing! I'm worried 😟!

No, you’ll be fine. Many surgeons don’t require any pre-op diet

Oh my goodness, thank you so much. I was really getting worried that I'd screwed everything up before i even got started! I'll relax than and just get ready. I'm nervous but excited at the same time.

My surgeon only requires a one week pre op diet. They all want something different so I wouldn't stress!

18 hours ago, dwlobo76 said:

I'm worried suddenly. First of all, my surgery date was set for December 13th on November 30th. So I was told to start the pre op diet on December first, but then they couldn't get me in to a Pre op diet class until December 6th. I did start on the first, but that was not two weeks out, then when i went to the class i found i was not doing it quite right. I was eating 2% cheese, but "not the right kind" and my Protein Drinks had to many calories. My powder is fine,but then adding it to a drink made it more calories than they allow. So what I'm saying is, I'm basically only getting one week of pre op diet before my surgery this Thursday. Should i consider asking my surgeon to reschedule so I can try again and get that liver all shrunk up like they want? I want to do everything right, this is kind of a kind about thing! I'm worried 😟!

You will be fine in most cases they dont do liquid

Thanks everyone for the replies. You guys are right, it didn't matter as much as i thought it would and everything went well. Surgery Thursday, home Friday not much pain to speak of, i think I've taken the pain medication twice since I've been home, but honestly at the times i took it pain was completely manageable,but it was there so i wanted to stay ahead of it, then i figured out it wasn't getting worse so i quit taking it and it's fine. My surgeon ordered a block before surgery and i think that is what really made it so much easier. I was nervous about the block, it was a huge production in the pre op area, several needles and really really huge ones. Again, no big deal. A little lidocaine, then the huge needles I didn't even feel. So, on the rest of my life I guess!