Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Psych appointment tomorrow

14 minutes ago, TheMarine79 said:

Any advice for this. I am pretty pumped up as this process has been pretty slow

Just be yourself and answer the questions honestly. You will be just fine.

I wish you all the best. You will be on the losers bench very soon 👍

It's just a routine, insurance-required obstacle to weed out the not-so-serious and those who, for whatever reason, would not be able to emotionally handle the challenges ahead.

I generally mock the visit saying that they just want to make sure that you aren't nuts. I say this because, to me, the visit is contrived and "forced" upon people. Seriously?!? Do heart/lung transplant patients have to go through this shaming requirement?! What other surgical procedures require psychological intervention?

There is an extremely small likelihood of being declined at this stage. The psychologist is actually on your side and wants to recommend you. S/he knows that weight-loss surgery is a positive step for most people and that it will have major life-changing advantages.

Unless you come in with doubt written all over your face, you will get your sign-off and be sent on your merry way. Being forced to read the psychologist's thumbed-through, out-of-date waiting room magazines is the only real burden ahead of you.:)

Things went amazingly well. Felt like I could have talked with the psychologist forever. She pretty much did not have to ask questions. I pretty much told her everything she needed to know. I asked if there was anything holding me back from the surgery based on our conversation. She said that she did not hear anything that would stop me or hang me up to put the surgery farther out. So I wait two weeks and do a phone consultation with her after she has reviewed my 344 question test. Then I will be scheduled my final decision appointment with the surgeon. I feel pretty good

And I am so proud of each step You Are Making! I should have known a Marine would do it best, shouldn't I? I would say you are now well on your path to success!

I never had to take a test, a pop quiz or ANYTHING with my psychologist. What the holy heck? We talked about random nothingness, then she wrote out a four-paragraph recommendation in old-fashioned cursive on her letterhead. That was it.

What are some of your 344 questions? I hope you get a gold star and a happy face sticker on your test.:)

The answer to the question would be true, maybe true, partially false or False. So a question would be, i have never had a problem with alcohol