Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone!

I'm Jessica and I'm 5 days post-op and adjusting to the gastric sleeve life! I'm looking to see if there are any Cincinnati Ohio people here to connect with or know of support groups in the area! I'm open to new friends anywhere though ;) I've decided to keep my journey private besides like 5 people so its been kind of lonely! *Cheers to new beginnings and new friends*

I just had my surgery on 7/24 and am looking for others as well.

Check with one of my Buckeye BARI'buds @ LynnV1964, she is planning an ESG instead of a straight VSG but she also is in Southwestern Ohio,somewhere near Cincinnati and is a very nice person. Maybe you all can bond , and if you want a little farther-away friend, I'm up here in Central Ohio, Mount Vernon. as a matter of record, and am planning on an RnY 😷September 5th At OSU in Columbus, and I'm a good listener and talker myself.😛

Well,we now also know, the difference? We are true blue buddies who don't "rat out" anybody, we are now a extra support family, we have been or will be veterans of most of your trials, and our loyalty is unsurpassed.

Hello I'm 8 days post op, it's challenging just remember to sip sip sip, get plenty of Protein to help with hunger. I have found other protein because most people get burned out drinking a lot of shakes. I found the Oikos triple 0 Greek yogurt and has 15 grams of protein vanilla flavor. Also if you're in the pureed stage you can take your meats and puree into your broth or if you guys have ever tried like the vegetarian Morningstar products or Boca. I like the Breakfast sausage patties with Morningstar and some other things so just if you want something to snack on for protein their 9 or 10 grams of protein per patty you can take a look at the other products also good to puree in broth. I'm not a fan of artificial sweeteners because they make me feel like crap and also they have so many bad chemicals in them I try to stick with things with stevia and it but it's challenging to find some things. I hope this information is helpful to you guys and I wish everyone well on this journey we're all on[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm so happy you all responded! Day 11 of Clear Liquids here (I was on it before the surgery to hit a BMI goal for the surgery center) and I'm starting to lose my mind having to make food for my son and pack his lunch... I could cry... I'm not even "hungry"...It's just a long time with nothing it's impacting my emotions!! I go for my 1 week appointment tomorrow and hope I get to start my puree stage!! what were/are some of your favorites during that stage?