Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Forum usage and the way our members use our forums have changed a lot over the years. We used to have sub forums that were based on age. They stopped being used a lot over the last few years. We’ve done away with using many sub forums. You’re welcome to start a new topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chattycat said:

Can you start a forum for seniors?

How do you define "senior?" I'm a young 70, and hopelessly, happily immature!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chattycat said:

Can you start a forum for seniors?

How do you define "senior?" I'm a young 70, and hopelessly, happily immature!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peter Pan did not die, he is alive and one of my good friends. He and I are members of the "Never Grow Up" lodge and Nibbles, is one of our newest,inductees. Well not all that new, we sent out an engraved certificate and it got lost. the last time the Donald shut down the National Park Service for monetary deficit. That's one person I hesitate to own in MY generation.
But we are proud to award Nibbles a trophy🏆and certificate today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well thank you very much! I'm happy to be a card-carrying member of the lodge! How many members do you have at present? I think POTUS failed the vetting process for an elite group such as this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think over a certain age we have different challenges with WLS then the youngsters! I think slower weight loss and health concerns are a couple. Just because we’re older doesn’t mean we’re old! Us boomers rock! 😎


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't feel older pts have any more issues to deal with than any other age. They are all just different. Every person doing this will have a different story. The cool thing about the forum is that we find and lend support in our common ground, and can share things that worked for us that might help someone else when they reach out and ask for ideas or suggestions. Are you struggling with challenges you haven't seen covered in the forum topics? You can always start a topic or ask. It seems to be a large group here and it's hard to imagine not getting feedback to a concern. Yes, Chattycat, boomers rock. Boomers will always rock!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I’m still pre op, another week until surgery but I know once menopause hit, losing weight was just so much harder so I’m anticipating the same post op?



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ISN'T THAT JUST. THE TRUTH!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll have to get back to you on that, say - mid-September! I went through menopause 20 years ago, so I've just forgotten about that aspect of things. My mom used to say that it was harder, too. I'm tickled for you to be just a week away from surgery. Are you feeling good about it? I guess another aspect/challenge for me is arthritis. They don't want me taking Celebrex or NSAIDS with my new stomach - could cause ulcers - so will be working with my PCP on that one. Without that med, I cannot move around much and exercise will be difficult. Without NSAIDS I guess I'm not allowed to have a headache now and then either. Geesh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/28/2018 at 06:36, nibble said:



I'll have to get back to you on that, say - mid-September! I went through menopause 20 years ago, so I've just forgotten about that aspect of things. My mom used to say that it was harder, too. I'm tickled for you to be just a week away from surgery. Are you feeling good about it? I guess another aspect/challenge for me is arthritis. They don't want me taking Celebrex or NSAIDS with my new stomach - could cause ulcers - so will be working with my PCP on that one. Without that med, I cannot move around much and exercise will be difficult. Without NSAIDS I guess I'm not allowed to have a Headache now and then either. Geesh.


Oh I hear you on the NSAIDS too, another thing I’m worried about! I am both excited and nervous 😬 but I think that is pretty normal. You said mid September is that your surgery or have you had it yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Reluctant veteran of arthritis since age 25, soon un-celebrating. a 48 year association with Mr Cripple Me Up, a painful one at that. And Hector, my itty bitty ulcer is from too much NSAID use, I can look at Bayer Aspirin, Aleve,Motrin. pictures I just can't ingest them anymore Walk if you can, swim, most everything wears out further what already hurts. Exercise,person with my bariatric program fave,me handout with easy exercises on it. OK I say, doesn't, look that bad, so I did 1 repetition of each,one, lamed myself for a week. So I will consistently do what,mild,little,things I can do and trust it wiii pass. The old carnival barker said "You pays your money, You,takes your choice" Pretty much my,life. But soon and very soon my surgery will come in July, although it won't solve mine or the world's problems completely, it is a good and valid choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/28/2018 at 07:11, Frustr8 said:

Reluctant veteran of arthritis since age 25, soon un-celebrating. a 48 year association with Mr Cripple Me Up, a painful one at that. And Hector, my itty bitty ulcer is from too much NSAID use, I can look at Bayer Aspirin, Aleve,Motrin. pictures I just can't ingest them anymore Walk if you can, swim, most everything wears out further what already hurts. Exercise,person with my bariatric program fave,me handout with easy exercises on it. OK I say, doesn't, look that bad, so I did 1 repetition of each,one, lamed myself for a week. So I will consistently do what,mild,little,things I can do and trust it wiii pass. The old carnival barker said "You pays your money, You,takes your choice" Pretty much my,life. But soon and very soon my surgery will come in July, although it won't solve mine or the world's problems completely, it is a good and valid choice.
Hoping when you get your surgery things will start getting better! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oh they will, got to keep smiling,through my tears, not too big a market,for wet blankets. I keep on keeping on, one foot in front of b the other👣 and v trust I'll,make,it b to where I want to be!🙊🙉🙈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Featured Surgeons

    1. Masoud Rezvani

      Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

    2. Lisa Medvetz

      Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • ProudGrammy

      Georgia on my mind - off to grand-daughters high school graduation - she's smart and cute as a button, just like her grammy,☺️
      kathy
      · 1 reply
      1. SusieQ2019

        Congratulations to her Proud Granny, and wishing her a bright and successful future.

    • *Meaghan*

      Went to my initial consult with the Bariatric surgeon/ program I chose. Came home with a folder full of information & helpful organization of all the testing that needs to be completed while I complete the required nutritional counseling. She also let me know my insurance typically takes 6 weeks to reply with authorization when submitted, so that puts my potential surgery date near the new year if all stays on track  I felt comfortable with her, in our discussions she agrees that I am a good candidate for the Gastric Bypass. I appreciated the 'introduction' class that was given after the consult with the surgeon where I was given this binder of every referral (from her, not my pcp referrals), & contact information for all the testing needed to make my contacts/calls tomorrow morning even easier I start my nutrition classes on June 5th, so that's when the clock will start toward insurance approval & getting the tool to help me reach my goals
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Torie Faye

      I had my Bypass Surgery on 04/25/2019 I'd weighted before surgery 308 and now 285. I get depressed because I thought it would be more. I follow all instructions from Dr.. Green walk every day work out and eating solid foods 
      · 1 reply
      1. ProudGrammy

        welcome welcome - 23 lbs pre/post op is great. you are doing fine. keep up the good work. kathy

    • MrsGamgee

      Day 5 post-op... didn't sleep great last night, lots of gas pain and it was my first night without using the rx pain meds. I'm tired and feeling rather stupid. My nurse is supposed to call today for a check in, so I'm debating taking a nap now and risk missing her call, or forcing myself to stay awake and pray she calls soon. Also, showering should be considered a workout... just doing the basics used up all my energy. Weight is slowly working its way down. I know that I shouldn't be on the scale yet, but I couldn't resist. I'm down almost 9lb down since surgery. Yay!
      · 1 reply
      1. Emilia Danciu

        You are allowed to feel tired, take naps and only do the minimum this soon after the surgery. Listen to your body and be good to yourself at this time. Most important things to care about at this time is hydration and protein. It is a full-time job to stay on top of that and prioritize your energy there for now. Just give your body the time to heal and adjust, don’t rush the recovery.

    • jrmolina2006

      seems like the biggest issue right now is consistency in my bowel movement, what are yall using. I've tried probiotics but no luck,
      · 1 reply
      1. domi

        I use benefiber everyday in my water. it is flavorless. On days when I get a little backed up I use Miralax. It works great without any cramping.

  • Trending Topics

  • Magazine Articles

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×