Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally after a month of being without Fluid in my band the dr has started refilling my band. We started off slowly 2cc for now , then i can adjust it as I go along. It was so scary first hoping my food pouch didn't cause permanent damage that could result in a surgery. Then finding out it had fixed itself but I had to wait 2 more weeks to get a fill. Then hoping I wasn't eating too much mushy foods and hoping not to gain too much weight. Luckily I didnt gain a lot of weight, just about 3 lbs or so. Now I just have to watch how I chew and not eat and watch tv at the same time..that's a no no. Have to focus on my chewing and food bite sizes .

Now I remember how the band helped control my hunger pains. Hasn't been so bad today. I haven't felt these awful huger pains. Think it's gonna be ok now. Now let's see how it goes over the next week or so. Let's see if any weight comes off. 121 here i come!

• Like 1

Hi Michelle...well done you! Wishing you every success with your fills...It’s weird how dr’s differ with their advice my dr advised 3 months unfill and Not to go onto shakes or mushy food was really adamant about it, he said to eat normally within the band requirements obviously meaning Portion Control and watch the calorie intake to assist with not gaining weight which I’ve been trying but goodness it’s so hard and the hunger I’ve gained a few pounds and only week 3 so far I don’t know what to do for the best not sure why their advice differs so...I’m trying it his way but it’s not curbing the hunger...you seemed to be better on shakes less hungry ? I need some motivation to stop this weight gain and hunger [emoji30]

Hey.... It's funny when I did the liquids only it wasn't so bad. Around day 10 the mushy foods came in and I was so hungry between meals. I was still drinking lots of Water and I was eating orange icy for Snacks. I was afraid I was gaining lots of weight but was afraid to get on the scale to see. I waited to get to the Drs office yesterday . In the 2 weeks of mushy foods and the 1 day I actually ate Thai food...yummy I only gained half a pound or so. I'm not sure why I felt so hungry I'm just so glad the band is now 2cc filled.something is better than nothing I guess. I will take it slow and try to relearn the chewing of food 20-30chews before swallowing. The liquids only helped a lot with the food pouch fixing up. I guess the longer you're on liquids the better the healing will be, unless it's already slipped and you then need surgery to correct it. I hope when you go for the check up all will be fine. I'm sure it will. But if you're worried about aging weight in the mean time, try liquid diet for a few days and then stay on mushy foods as long as you can. I was hungry but I limited the eating to 3 small portions of refried Beans with salsa or mashed potatoes but it had to fit inside a small diner coffee cup. Maybe that's why I felt so hungry between meals.

good luck and keep me posted

• Like 1

Hi...thank you so much for the above advice I will give it a go !

Now that have had my fill , and avoided a big problem like band revision I'm totally paranoid when eating. I have been on mushy food yesterday and today and I'm nervous if I'm chewing food good enough so it doesn't form another food pouch. I had a band for years and now I'm a nervous nelly with mushy food and am afraid to eat solid food. Is it even possible to form a food pouch with mushy foods like mashed potatoes or retried Beans. Silly question but now I'm totally nervous to eat anything. I guess it's all in my head and I'll get over it over time

• Like 1

Now that have had my fill , and avoided a big problem like band revision I'm totally paranoid when eating. I have been on mushy food yesterday and today and I'm nervous if I'm chewing food good enough so it doesn't form another food pouch. I had a band for years and now I'm a nervous nelly with mushy food and am afraid to eat solid food. Is it even possible to form a food pouch with mushy foods like mashed potatoes or retried Beans. Silly question but now I'm totally nervous to eat anything. I guess it's all in my head and I'll get over it over time

Yes!! Never give up... I’m not willing to weigh 250 again.... I’ll keep going and when my band gets fussy. I’ll drink Protein Drinks until...
I’m banded since 2006 and it is a dance to get everything working right!!
Best of luck