Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Fills Does It Take?

How many fills does it take before you feel any restriction or lose any weight? Most of the people on these threads have lost weight since there surgery, not me! Had surgery 9/5/07 and haven't lost any weight since. Is something wrong with me? I feel so alone with this. It seems that even if you all are not restricted your still losing something. Please someone help!! And I am eating the right foods. But does anyone have some advice on what foods work for you. And yes, I know were all differt, but it's just advice. :whoo:

Hello, I have the new AP lapband it holds 10cc. I have 5.5cc and finally have restriction.

It took me three fills to get there. I hope this helps some. I know that for me I didnt lose anything until I had restriction.

good luck

melissa

Thanks for sharing that info. I thought I was the only one. My dr. is only putting alittle at a time and I'm gaining to much weight!

I lost 22 lbs the first 2 months and haven't lost anything since. I just had my second fill and the Dr. says I now have 1.5+ cc in a 4cc band - I can tell a slight difference but still not loosing weight :)

Sure hope something happens soon!

It is like everyone is watching and saying - why isn't she loosing weight!

SDChick, I feel the same way, people on my job is just looking at me like "girl, you wasted your money",I'm happy to see that you losed some weight in you 2 months, because I haven't losed a thing!

I have the small band that technically holds 4cc's but can be overfilled to nearly 6 cc's... It took 4 fills and nearly 4cc's to get me to my sweet spot where I was only eating 1/2 cup of food.. and the weight really dropped.... I had been losing from being in diet mode.. but when I hit my sweet spot... it was like.. HOLY CRAP I'M FULL! (I eat way to fast and don't chew enough) I'm trying to learn... but after fill number 3.. the nurse was telling me that I was getting ready to be clamped down.. and she was right!

Ok Fills,

I had my surgery in May the 11 th to be exact and I currently have 1.5cc's in my 4 cc lap band. I did get good restriction with the last fill 6 weeks ago and am due tomorrow for my 4th fill I am hoping for even better restriction. I am waiting for that sweet spot and think this one may well do it.:(?

I do love my band tho:) I amlosing ok and I walk every day so I am losing inches.........:clap2:. I seem to be losing a lb. per week wish it were more but my diatician says I cant be irrational or else!!!!!

Wish you all luck will be in touch.

Julie

Down 40lbs;)

Beleive me you will know! you think you can eat and when you do you can only eat a very little bit and you have to eat it really slow. Its hard to explain but your band will not let you eat what you think you can and want to.. I love that feeling.

As they say chew chew and eat very slow that has been a hard thing to teach my self but you have to do it or you pay big time. Good luck. Restricton Rocks.........

I was banded on 8/22/2007. I lost 16 lbs in the period I had to be on a liquid diet-- the week before surgery and three weeks after. I was so stoked keep losing and so very, very disappointed when, in the month after I was paroled back to solids, I gained 6 of those 16 lbs back! I wanted to just throw myself in front of a bus!

My first fill was two and a half weeks ago, 2.4 ccs in a 4.0 cc band, and again, I was disappointed. It wasn't enough, and I was so disappointed that I just didn't even try very hard. I gained 2 more pounds!

This past Saturday, I got my second fill of 0.8 ccs, and holy cow, what a difference! I am so thrilled to have restriction. I am so thrilled to be eating 1/2 cup to 1 cup per meal and walking away and being fine for hours and hours. Since Saturday, I've lost those 2 pounds, too.

I just wanted to say, just a couple days ago, I could have written your post. And now things are working and I'm on cloud nine. So be patient! The fills will kick in and you will be amazed!

HI ,

ON A QUICK NOTE AND AS ADVICE DONT WORRY JUST CHECK WHAT YOUR EATING DONT FORGET YOUR Protein AND YOUR Water ITS VERY IMPORTANT . THE MAIN POINT IS THAT WE ARE IN A JOURNEY . I STARTED GOOD AND ITS BEEN 3 MONTHS THAT I DONT LOOSE ANYTHING BUT CANT GIVE UP JUST WENT IN FOR MY 4 FILL AND HOPEFULLY HOPEFULLY REACHED MY SWEET SPOT .. REMEMBER ITS JUST A TOOL SO USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE OF WHAT YOU EAT .

GOOD LUCK TO YOU .. YOU MAY ALWAYS P/M IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS :)

CLAU :clap2: