Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am starting to hate I had this surgery.. Does anybody feel that way?

3 minutes ago, Turtle003 said:

I am starting to hate I had this surgery.. Does anybody feel that way?

Starting to hate it ...because??????

Your stats say surgery in 2014. Is that correct?

Yes and for the first time since 2014 that I was able to see a bariatric doctor today and I know I have been things I know shouldn’t be but at the same time instead of saying let’s get you back on track no I was told if I was your patient I would drop you because your not eating right your smoking your this your that. I was so hurt I had a complete melt down st the office because after 5 years someone finally would take my insurance so I can get my yearly check ups . All I wanted from this doctor was for to say your stomach issues sent because of the surgery and for him to take blood check my levels they good see ya next year.

2 hours ago, biakitty said:

How far are you out? I had regrets the first 2 weeks, but I think it was mainly feeling miserable that I had to be on liquids while everyone around me was eating real food. I am now at the end of the soft food stage and do not have regrets anymore.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BariatricPal mobile app

How far are you out? I had regrets the first 2 weeks, but I think it was mainly feeling miserable that I had to be on liquids while everyone around me was eating real food. I am now at the end of the soft food stage and do not have regrets anymore.

I feel regrets now. I feel like I wish I could have done it on my own so now I won’t be looking up what to eat what not on my own with no help from doctors or nutritionist

It’s just hard doing it by your self sometimes with no one to ask hey does this food bother you? or if I gain to much can I get back on track? Or do anybody else still smoke and how do they feel. Just to have some support at times would be helpful at times. Since no other baratric doctor will see since they didn’t do the surgery. Thank yall

1 hour ago, Turtle003 said:

Yes and for the first time since 2014 that I was able to see a bariatric doctor today and I know I have been things I know shouldn’t be but at the same time instead of saying let’s get you back on track no I was told if I was your patient I would drop you because your not eating right your smoking your this your that. I was so hurt I had a complete melt down st the office because after 5 years someone finally would take my insurance so I can get my yearly check ups . All I wanted from this doctor was for to say your stomach issues sent because of the surgery and for him to take blood check my levels they good see ya next year.

He was less than professional. All he needed to say was let's get you back on track. I'm sorry your feeling hurt. I don't do any follow ups with my bariatric program. I get my check up and blood work up from my family doctor.

The great thing is your not on your own. You can contact another bariatric program out of your area. The dietician can mail or email you the food plan instructions. Many people here on bariatric pal are willing to share their diet instructions for you to use.

None of us are perfect. Many of us have had weight gain. Getting back on track can be done.

You have our support.

Well, that's part of what this site does for us--gives us people to talk to and get answers from. Granted, we're not medical professionals (mostly), but there's a lot of experience here--and support, too. It looks as though your surgery was a success from a weight-loss standpoint, but I'm sorry you have regrets.

1 hour ago, jenn1 said:

He was less than professional. All he needed to say was let's get you back on track. I'm sorry your feeling hurt. I don't do any follow ups with my bariatric program. I get my check up and blood work up from my family doctor.

The great thing is your not on your own. You can contact another bariatric program out of your area. The dietician can mail or email you the food plan instructions. Many people here on bariatric pal are willing to share their diet instructions for you to use.

None of us are perfect. Many of us have had weight gain. Getting back on track can be done.

You have our support.

🤗🤗🤗

58 minutes ago, XYZXYZXYZ1955 said:

Well, that's part of what this site does for us--gives us people to talk to and get answers from. Granted, we're not medical professionals (mostly), but there's a lot of experience here--and support, too. It looks as though your surgery was a success from a weight-loss standpoint, but I'm sorry you have regrets.

Yes me too...thank you so much. I need that positive support right now Thanks 🙏