Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Skin issues post surgery

Have any of you guys experienced skin related issues post surgery? Things like rashing, irriated skin, jock itch, and/or things like that post surgery? I've notice since having the surgery I've had more issues with my skin than anything else. More ache in my face, and more like jock itch issues. What gives?

15 minutes ago, BigTink2LilTink said:

Have any of you guys experienced skin related issues post surgery? Things like rashing, irriated skin, jock itch, and/or things like that post surgery? I've notice since having the surgery I've had more issues with my skin than anything else. More ache in my face, and more like jock itch issues. What gives?

May be attributed to hormonal changes

See below

Greater weight loss and hormonal changes after 6 months diet with ...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › pubmed

May be attributed to hormonal changes
See below
Greater weight loss and hormonal changes after 6 months diet with ...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › pubmed

That link is broken for me. It takes me nowhere.

Sent from my SM-N920P using BariatricPal mobile app

Super sorry

Seems like I can't correctly copy links with my phone... I am having the same problem so I googled it and it seems to be related to hormonal changes that can occur when losing weight

Please google it and maybe check with a dermatologist to make sure it's not fungal or bacterial

That's what I did...

Super sorry
Seems like I can't correctly copy links with my phone... I am having the same problem so I googled it and it seems to be related to hormonal changes that can occur when losing weight
Please google it and maybe check with a dermatologist to make sure it's not fungal or bacterial
That's what I did...

Yeah my next stop maybe a dermatologist. I just hate feeling this way honestly.

Sent from my SM-N920P using BariatricPal mobile app

Once upon a time an ER doctor told me too bad we didnt live close to the ocean because Swimming in it would have solved a contact dermatitis rash I developed. I was prescribed conventional medication but what he said stuck. I was perplexed why he would say that and I started doing research and apparently salt Water solves all kind of skin issues. So I began to make Sole (super concentrated sea salt water ) anytime I had an acne flare up, bug bites, cuts, abrasions, etc. And it does work and quickly usually overnight and my skin is considerably better. I simply wipe it invoked a toner at night and sleep my worries away. I've done it so many times I know exactly what to expect from my developing irritations in the morning... Mostly gone from being dried out.

Also I usually resort to hydrocortisone cream for allergic reaction on my skin and I'm not above using over the counter athletes foot cream - clomitrazol (spelling?) for anything suspiciously close to fungal...

Let me know how it goes for you.

Edited by Tealael

I may try the salt Water deal. I currently use clomitrazol or cortazal creame and Lotrimin to help combat my jock itch issues. and it seems to only be a temp and not a more perminant solution. And it appears that when the weather is either too cold or too hot I break out.

My skin hasn't changed much but I'm growing more body hair. Got to say this is kind of strange. I'm thinking changes to skin and hair are both related to bodies rebalancing endocrine systems after weight loss.

I had rashes after surgery. Miconazole anti-fungal powder everywhere seemed to beat it back eventually.

My dad had issues with rash and jock itch. He was at the dermatologist for unrelated issues and the dr told him if he would use the head and shoulders Shampoo as a body wash, it would clear up his issue. I also had jock itch since am a bigger guy and still do if I don’t use the head nod shoulders. It may not work for everyone but I am a firm believer in it.