Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone else started loosing hair? I am 4 months post-op any i have

started loosing hair is this normal and do i need to increase my vitiamins

to keep this from happening? Does it last very long? :help:

Banded June 21st at OSU Medical Center Columbus, Ohio

By Dr. Needleman.

s-weight.png

Oh yeah...it's pretty normal. My Hair loss started around 4 months and it has since slowed down, but not completely. I increased my Protein. It helped a little, but not much. I personally think that if it's going to happen, it doesn't matter what you do to stop it, it will happen any way. Good luck. I know that it is terrible, but you'll get through it.

I've read and heard about the hairloss factor, but for the life of me I can't figure out WHY there would be Hair loss with LapBand surgery. I can see why it might happen with gastric bypass because of the difference in the way food and nutrition are being absorbed. But with Lap Band, the digestive system hasn't been re-routed.

The only thing we're doing is eating much less food, right? As long as the Protein levels are kept high, why would there be hair loss? I've looked in several LapBand books I have and online and can't find an explanation for this.

How is it actually different than just going on a diet and eating less? Whenever I've done that, I didn't have any hair loss. I talked to a woman last week who had some hair loss but it stopped in a couple months and all grew back in. Has that been anyone's experience?

Hair loss happens with weight loss.

I lost a 46 pounds within a year on Atkins..the Protein diet no doubt... and my hair fell out...well... THINNED OUT.

This time around I've only lost 15 pounds, but again it's been over the past month or two and my hair is thinning out again.

It does stop, and it does grow back. And luckily, it's not in patches...it's more of an all over thinning.

mine just started thinning (a lot) this month and I am now 6 months out. I have eaten between 65 - 85 grams of Protein a day and have taken a Biotin every day and it is still happening. It has never happened to me on any diet before so I don't know why but hopefully it won't last too much longer!

Pam

Thanks for all your posts it is really helpful to find out the this is normal and that if will thicken up again. It was just scary the past two weeks to was my hair and find so much of it in the shower. I have thick hair anyways so I am probably the only one that will notice it. I have never had hairloss on a diet before so this was a new experience. I was really wondering if I was doing anything wrong. Glad to find out that I'm not that

it is just part of the process. Thank's everyone for all your great info and support!!!!

s-weight.png