Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you do when...

What do you do when you haven't seen reached goal weight and your spouse says if you loose anymore weight it will be a problem?

What do you do when your friends and family say you are getting too skinny?

What do you do when you have expensive suits and clothing that you don't want to let go of but can't fit?

What do you do when you loose first your assets that made you feel sexy i.e. Round booty to droopy booty, plump breast to sagging breast?

I'm 9 months out 233 SW 216 CW 157, I've come across many stalls and have been staying at consistent weight for 3 months now. It takes a toll on me as if my spouse will still have an attraction towards me if I loose anymore weight. Is it selfish of me to say screw my spouse feelings and put me and my goals first?

I must say when I read your post it inspired me. We may not have the perfect body but we are in good health. Think of why u first chose to have the surgery for the benefit of your health. Sometimes people look on the out side of u but they don't know your inner man of what u go through. Don't change u for others the new u is in s workin process. Be encouraged to reach your goal. It has been dic months for Mr I started at 264 and now 203 it is a struggle but I am determine to make it. Try drinking green tea and apple cider vinegar that should help with the stand still. I wish u the best

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

Does your spouse love YOU or your fat? You are getting healthier and if you are not in a healthy weight range - it is because the person has never seen you at this weight.

Friends are not reliable - they don't like change and don't have to live your life as an obese person.....

Call bigger department stores and ask for their person that does alterations or go to resale shops and trade them in.

Save for plastic surgery - use deficit in grocery money - get a part time job and save that money, use part of your 401k money. Think creatively.

I hate it when people resort to calling 'us' selfish - it means they fell threatened by your new selfesteem from losing weight.

Up your Protein (100 gr) and Fluid intake (100 oz)

What do you do when you haven't seen reached goal weight and your spouse says if you loose anymore weight it will be a problem?

What do you do when your friends and family say you are getting too skinny?

What do you do when you have expensive suits and clothing that you don't want to let go of but can't fit?

What do you do when you loose first your assets that made you feel sexy i.e. Round booty to droopy booty, plump breast to sagging breast?

I'm 9 months out 233 SW 216 CW 157, I've come across many stalls and have been staying at consistent weight for 3 months now. It takes a toll on me as if my spouse will still have an attraction towards me if I loose anymore weight. Is it selfish of me to say screw my spouse feelings and put me and my goals first?

I will address your concerns separately .

1. Be in charge of your body. Tell your spouse that his behavior is selfish and immature. Sounds like he is worried about your emerging attractiveness. Couples therapy might help.

2. Tell friends that you're sure that they mean well, but that your body is not up for discussion.

3. This one is easy. Find a good seamstress that can alter your clothing once you are at the end of your loss. I've done it. Costs a bit but not as much as replacement.

4. You will feel sexier when you gain confidence and love yourself more.

Overall, you are your biggest cheerleader. This will be true in your life no matter what the situation. You're doing a great job. Don't let others rain on your parade. If your spouse loves you he will support you. If he doesn't then....

I am right there with you. People are constantly telling me I am getting too skinny? Really!?!?!? I have appointed one person, my daughter, to tell me when to stop. She says I am looking quite nice. She said mom, your collar bone is supposed to stick out (I thought I had a growth I hadn't seen it in so long). My body is so droopy it's frightening. I look facing the mirror and see something hanging in the back. It is what is left of my poor booty. I am single and just starting to date, so not sure what craziness will come about. I'm sure I should start a journal. I am almost 60, and said I wouldn't go through the pain and money to have surgery to fix my drooping body. I am slowly changing my mind. I would do arms, then legs. I would like a new booty, but I'll see.

Hi YeaMe-
Select your plastic surgeon with care. A fellow sleeve friend lost in excess of 175 pounds and her skin was hanging on her. She went with the best price and only did her upper arms to get rid of the bat wings. The extra skin is gone. It was extremely painful. I know she can also tell that it looks odd. She didn't do the whole arm and you can tell. She looks off balance.
Then she did the Tummy Tuck but didn't pay for the full circumferential and now her tight front looks strange next to her droopy back.
If you are going to do it find a reputable surgeon and do it right. Don't skimp because it will look off. You have done too much hard work to not be pleased with the results.

Sent from my Pixel using BariatricPal mobile app