Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August Sleevers out here in California ?

I was orginally scheduled for surgery on November 1st but unfortunately/ fortunately there were some cancellations & I was moved up to August 16th! Now I don't know to be excited or nervous!😌

I was orginally scheduled for surgery on November 1st but unfortunately/ fortunately there were some cancellations & I was moved up to August 16th! Now I don't know to be excited or nervous!

Hi my name is Barb I'm 69. I live in Highland Park California (it's near LA). I know how you feel. I'm both excited and have some trepidation I have my surgery on Monday I'll let you know how it goes. B

Sent from my SM-J700P using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi Barb... I think you should not worry... and try to be happy about this next phase of life. You like and trust your surgeon, right? Then what I did was just left it in his hands (and the lord as well of course). I got sleeved the end of March 2027. The best thing I can suggest is rest... follow what your supposed to 'drink' and walk as best you can. Take your pain meds if needed, I didn't have to take many. I don't know how much you have to loose, but I can tell you honestly it's the best thing I ever did and wished I'd done it in my 40's. I had about 40 pounds to loose and am happy to report I am 5 lbs away from my goal weight. Don't buy a lot of clothes right away, if your like me the weight just comes off so fast that you'll want to wait till you level out a bit.

I wish you all the best. The thing when you start eating regular food again, is don't over eat. I love to cook and still fix dinner for my husband and guest but I eat about 10-12 bites and that's it! I feel full and I stop. That is the key to maintaining. The hardest thing for me, is not drinking 30 min before eating and 30 min after. Just make your nutritionist your bff!!

Best of luck... let me know if you have specific questions...

hugs, Rose

I was sleeved on 8/31/17. So far I've lost 17lbs. My only problem is my glucose level is low in the morning. One reason I had the sleeve was to control my diabetes and to get off diabetes meds. To counter the low glucose I drink a few ounces of fruit juice and Im back to a normal range.
At 1st it was difficult to get my fluids. It seemed after a few zips I was full. After a week post op I have no problems with drinking my liquids. As for pain, had some the first three days at the incision site where my stomach was removed. I still have the bruise there. I plan on going back to work this week( week and 1/2 post surgery) so recovery wasn't too bad. I wish all my fellow sleevers the best and that we all shed our past bad eating habits as we progress.