Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept 2! Ready to meet Dr Illan

I am scheduling to get sleeved on 9/2. I'll be flying into San Diego that day, and out on the 6th. Anyone looking at scheduling out that far? I feel like I've talked to so many places and done so much research that I'm practically an expert ;)

Here's my question - I have a low BMI for this sort of procedure, and I'm concerned that with the pre-op diet, I could lose enough weight temporarily that on surgery day I wouldn't qualify. Has anyone been in a similar position? I don't want to gain just to lose, but I'm thinking it's a real possibility. Thoughts?

Good question, I wanna know too.[emoji848]

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

I'm also on the low side of BMI. My BMI is 32 which I am required to be on a liquid diet for 5 days before my surgery. I am scheduled with dr illan this august 18 traveling by my self wish I can find a surgery buddy .

Good luck, Dixie! Keep me posted, I'd love to be in touch during your process.

I did talk to Bill and he said that the pre-op diets take your current BMI into consideration, and that there should be no issue.

My BMI is 39, but I do have a lot of muscle as well. I don't look like most other people that are over 300 pounds. People often think that I am in the 240-250 range. I have surgery scheduled with Dr. Illan on 8/7. I have never heard of this being an issue, but I am nervous about it as well. I think that if you were approved at a certain weight, the surgery should be performed even if you do lose weight. After all, that is the purpose of a pre-op diet. They want you to be as healthy as you can be, so there is a better surgical outcome with hopefully less complications. Good luck on your journeys.

Just now, Jevon said:

My BMI is 39, but I do have a lot of muscle as well. I don't look like most other people that are over 300 pounds. People often think that I am in the 240-250 range. I have surgery scheduled with Dr. Illan on 8/7. I have never heard of this being an issue, but I am nervous about it as well. I think that if you were approved at a certain weight, the surgery should be performed even if you do lose weight. After all, that is the purpose of a pre-op diet. They want you to be as healthy as you can be, so there is a better surgical outcome with hopefully less complications. Good luck on your journeys.

I couldn't agree more. And build has a lot to do with it. Good luck to you too! I'll be looking for your updates.

Hi everyone, I just had surgery with dr illan on Saturday and let me tell you, he is the most wonderful, sweet, caring, amazing dr i have ever met! The ENTIRE team at OASIS treated me and my mom like royalty! I had the most wonderful experience there and met so many ppl that I will remain friends with now. I was actually sad to leave! You guys picked the best dr, I didnt even know i had the surgery when I woke up until i felt my bandages lol. I thank god I chose this dr and you guys are in great hands! he is a rockstar!

I'll also be having surgery with Dr. Ilan on the 7th!

That's great! Can we be surgery buddies? Are you flying in on Monday or before?

Hey! I'd definitely be cool with having a surgery buddy. I'm flying in the day before, what about you?

That is great dayoneyearone! There are 3 of us now having surgery on the 7th with Dr. Illan. You, Togunrinde and me. We should all get a group message going to support each other!

26 minutes ago, 43skinnydreamer said:

Hi I am New here but I have an appointment formSeptember 1 going alone would love a surgery buddy.

With dr illan? I should see you there! Why alone???

It's to much responsibility for me to watch someone worry about me... or if they are bored or depressed or regretted going...I have no family so this would be a great imposition to ask a friend