Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I stalled this week, week 4 out of surgery. Mostly due to Constipation and lack of hydration. I got some good support from my doctor's office, but it is disheartening, since, post surgery, I was only 16 pounds down. It was tough to see the scales at the same weight for 5 days. Luckily, with some laxatives and forcing myself to drink more, hydrate, I lost a few more pounds but it made me fully aware that it is all about sticking to the plan.

I am a little depressed still, when I know that the weight in the first 4 weeks is generally dramatic, but mine has not been. Anyone else experienced this?

Oh nice! No one else seems to have stalled Week 4. I'm glad to hear it.

Google "three week stall." That is what is happening. Just stick to your plan and the weight will come off.

Nothing about post-op weight loss is linear. It is full of periods of loss, followed by longer periods of stall. That is just part of the process. Also, it is slow. I started my six month insurance-required diet program at 397 pounds, and weighed 298 pounds on surgery day. Even at that size, my loss in the first four weeks post-op was far from "dramatic."

But I have followed my plan religiously every single day, kept my carbs below 20 every single day, tracked everything I put in my body every single day, and even with the countless stalls, I have lost 205 pounds and am 12 pounds from goal at 9 months post-op.

Put the scale away if it bothers you and keep focused on what is important.

Good luck!

Fabulous advice! Thanks, especially for the low carb advice. My doctor has me focusing on calories and fat, and that never worked for me before! I'll give that a shot, and take the batteries out of the scales! SO MUCH APPRECIATED.

Just now, DianeJarrett said:

Fabulous advice! Thanks, especially for the low carb advice. My doctor has me focusing on calories and fat, and that never worked for me before! I'll give that a shot, and take the batteries out of the scales! SO MUCH APPRECIATED.

My pleasure. Keep going. I know it's frustrating, but it is SO worth it!!

Well, I had an absolute DOH! moment today. My scales were stuck at the same weight for a solid week, right down to the ounce. My BF weighed himself this morning and weighed exactly the same as I did. That couldn't happen, he's probably 10 pounds more than me (he's much taller). We took the batteries out, replaced them, reset the scales and voila!!! I was 2 pounds lighter!!! (He was 8 pounds heavier!) These crappy scales have had me depressed for a week!

Make sure to check the batteries in your digital scales, folks! It matters! (This commercial message was brought to you by Diane, your BariatricPal dumbass!! LOL)

I am starting week 8 and had my first stall...sigh...Thank God for this forum... it helped me from panicking cuz I was one of those people that read about the stalls and I told myself that won't happen to me... they just weren't following the program...jokes on me cuz I am faithful to the program and the scale this week didn't budge...so sorry all about the negative thoughts and thank you for all your sharing...it's been a big help while I go through this "hopefully " short stall

I had my sleeve exactly 2 weeks ago and have no loss at all. I rang my nutritionist today and she said that as long as I am sticking to the diet and drinking enough Water that I should not be concerned. She stated that inflammation plays a big part post surgery. Also I need to take senna to encourage Bowel movement

Kill two birds with one stone. Enjoy Sugar Free Chocolates, peppermint patties, or sugar free Reese's mini cups, or low sugar FUDGSICLES, all of these have ingredients that will "move things along"

I actually went up 3 lbs in week 7. [emoji35] I was so disappointed because I had lost 7 the week before. Fortunately I am also measuring myself and lost 2 inches from my waist! [emoji2] My wonderful, supportive husband keeps telling me how great I'm looking (even though I'm still > 300)! I'll see what next week brings... sigh... have to keep remembering it's a process.

Sent from my SM-N915V using BariatricPal mobile app

I am four weeks out and have also not seen a dramatic weight loss. I lost 34 pounds before surgery, and have lost 12 pounds in the month since surgery. i am trying to stay focused on non-scale victories -- like wearing smaller clothes, moving and feeling better. Everyone loses at different rates, but I will admit I want to see the pounds come off faster! I only weigh myself every other week -- daily and weekly was discouraging!

5 minutes ago, margaret.erickson@provocolle said:

I am four weeks out and have also not seen a dramatic weight loss. I lost 34 pounds before surgery, and have lost 12 pounds in the month since surgery. i am trying to stay focused on non-scale victories -- like wearing smaller clothes, moving and feeling better. Everyone loses at different rates, but I will admit I want to see the pounds come off faster! I only weigh myself every other week -- daily and weekly was discouraging!

IT IS very frustrating, especially when you hear about people losing 30-40 pounds in 2 months. I'm still stuck at 27 since surgery, but that includes the 7 pounds of just swelling. The day I went in for surgery, I lost 18 pounds. When I left the hospital, it was only 11, because of the swelling. Do I count that? Sure, for a total of 37 pounds, before and after. But since my surgery, I feel like I've only lost 20 lbs at 6 weeks and I'm at a hard hard stall. I work out 4 times a week and the scale is just STUCK. I know I'm older, I've had a hysterectomy and I will lose slower than most. And I don't drink enough Water. I have to do that, it's just super hard. Tomorrow, on the advice of my nutritionist and doctor, I'm going back on the liquid fast, Protein Shakes and water for 2 days to kick start. I hope it helps. LOL

I admit I weigh myself daily and I shouldn't. And, at the gym, I'm 2 pounds lighter, and I like that. LOL I know this is a process, but I see younger women shedding pounds like dog hair in the summer, and I'm mad jealous. (LMAO!!)

It's a process, and I'm on board for the whole thing. Good luck to you. We'll get there. And may I say, 34 pounds pre-surgery? WOWSA!!!! WELL DONE!