12 posts in this topic

Try small amount of salt at first
For me i had to start with tiny salt

Sent from my SM-G935F using BariatricPal mobile app

Noooo bad choice stop eating any chips. if you want you can make them at home and better be baked not fried and my doctor told me if possible to cut down my potatoes to twice a week so i don't get constipation

Cut the potatoes very thin then spread them on baking sheet put a little bit salt then bake them in the oven but keep an eye on them they might burn quickly hhhh

chips are a bad choice whether you make them at home or not. Lots of calories and no nutritional value. Try pickles for salt. Or toast pepperoni slices in the microwave or oven for Protein chips. Or shredded cheese till it almost burns. Or heck just cheese it's salty.

Wait how far out from surgery are you? You joined 6/15?

You shouldn't be eating any of those things! Put some salt on cottage cheese or have salty broth!

My doctor knew about my addiction for chips so he told me to eat these kind of baked potatoes twice a week but definitely not a lot of chips 4 or 5 and it's not a lot of calories if you count them hhhh that's why I said what my doctor's told me to do

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Featured Surgeons

1. David C Voellinger

Charlotte, NC 28105
      704-316-7760

2. Dmitri V. Baranov

Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
      855-344-8555

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Thejeweledsleeve

Sorry I am sooo late. I will make it short and quick.
      6/15 - Keto nothing out of the ordinary. 
      6/16 - Gym and healthy eating. 
      6/17 - I had a small I mean baby spoon of Red Velvet cake for my b-day and I was out for the count. I had to use the bathroom a lot. My mom said, "uh hmmm. was it worth it?". I whispered, " Yes" lol. Just an overall bad day. I broke the diet and ate carbs and sugar. Shame Shame !!!! Lol I am only Human.
      6/18 - The cake was still messing with me so I barely ate or even drank water. I was exhausted all day. Weighed in at 209.8 lbs.
      1-Month Post Op Overall Loss: 14.6
      2-Month Post Op Overall Loss: 8.8 lbs
      3-Month Post Op overall loss: 10.8 lbs
      6/19 - Barely ate or drank water again. I just slept most of the day away. Spent a lot of time in the bathroom. 
      6/20 - Still followed the Keto Diet.
      6/21 - Still followed the Keto Diet. Still time, adding breakfast foods to the option instead of a shake or protein shot. 
      6/22 - Breakfast: Baked Turkey Bacon (3 Slices), 1 Egg white. 1 Romaine Lettuce leaf. 
      Snack: 14 Olives
      Lunch: 2 oz of ground chicken, mild salsa, 1 tsp of sour cream, and 1 romaine lettuce leaf.
      Snack: Sugar Free Popsicle. 
      Dinner: 2 oz of ground chicken, mild salsa, 1 tsp of sour cream, and 1 romaine lettuce leaf.
      Snack: 1 pickle
      6/23 - Breakfast: 3 Egg Whites
      Lunch: Homemade Chicken Salad - no dressing. 
      Dinner: Pickles and Sugar Free Popsicle. 
      6/24 - Went to a friends baby shower. They actually had healthier food options. Met a few of her extended family whom had Bariatric Surgery. One woman (weighing 392 lbs) had the bypass 17 years ago. She said back then there was not a pysch eval, waiting period or even a pre-authorization. She said she went to the doctor Monday and that Thursday she had the surgery. She showed me all the scars from access skin removal. She told me that nothing prepares you for the disappointment you will feel when you work hard and you do not look the way you thought. She had to have a full body lift and breast augmentation. It was soo enlightened to speak with someone whom was from that time and had the experience. She told me that sugar kills her but rice and bread is her fave. She stated that she got down to 125 lbs and felt soo unattractive. She stated that she gained her weight back up to 185 lbs and have maintained that weight for over 10 years. 
      6/25 - Had my Keto Meal. 
      Breakfast: Baked Turkey Bacon (3 Slices), 1 Boiled Egg white. 
      Snack: 14 Olives
      Lunch: 2 oz of chicken, 1 tsp of sour cream, and 2 romaine lettuce leaf.
      Snack: Sugar Free Popsicle. 
      Dinner: 2 oz of Chicken and Romaine Lettuce with 1/2 tomato. 
      Snack: 1 pickle
      My best friend is trying to get me to try Isagenix (https://www.isagenix.com/en-us/products/weight-loss). She has lost 55 lbs since February on it. It is like $378 a month. I am like the hell!! Bro whom has that money. She is really excited and she wants to me to try it so bad. I am tempted. Keto has been awesome but I am bored now and want to try something else. I think I am a Fad Diet Groupie. 
      Oh and the Hydrate. On the days when I focus on water. I am barely eating. I love those days. Food does not be on my mind. Below I have screen shot my progress. So yayy. Keto has really helped me get back on track. 

· 1 reply
      1. Newme17

Happy belated birthday!!!! 🎉🎈🎁 too bad the bite of cake didn't sit well either. It was interesting reading about the process of the bypass 17 years ago. I think today's way is better, but man, that would be awesome too, not having to do all the hoops then.

I think you should tell your friend NO to the diet. First, it's a fad. Second, it's way expensive! Stick to your sleeve hon. You've got a lot to work with right now anyway. But you really do need to find what you will stick to that is healthy for you and not be bored with for the rest of your life. It can take some tries....it just has to be sustainable for you.

I have been slacking with the Hydrate. Picking it back up tomorrow. Do you put ice in yours?

• pfisher

What an emotional roller coaster these past few days have been! Lost my job Friday and have been battling to maintain some sense of a normal routine. I haven't kept up my walking routine and have been nibbling food since yesterday. Thankful for the support of my husband who is reminding me that this is the opportunity I've needed to find the job I'm passionate about. Haven't discussed this with the kids at this point and my daughter is already planning "an extra long walk" for tomorrow for the both of us.
      Prayers, positive vibes, and kind thoughts/suggestions welcome as I navigate the job market at my age!
      Back on track tomorrow!!!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Mickel

Just now have released my newest video on Youtube called VSG 101 - History, Evolution, & Cost.  Hope you let me know if you like it or not!

· 0 replies
    • Jeffrey Stern

So a while back I was asking about eating nuts for snack and got a good response . Then I came upon an article (now anything I read on line I take with a grain of salt) that does say eating certain nuts is good for the waist line. eg. Almonds,cashews and walnuts. This article also lists other foods that will help in that field such as tomatoes,oatmeal,meat/fish,eggs,olive oil,broccoli,avocado,berries,hot peppers, spinach and lastly green tea. I can honestly say I eat all these items and are mainly my daily diet...but the hot peppers. I would direct you to the site but can't find it. sorry
      any feed back ??
      · 1 reply
      1. Newme17

Did you know a jalapeño has more vitamin c than 18 oranges??? A bunch of the older generation of a certain culture here eat jalapeños with their food, on the side! I love them too, but sometimes they can be bad for those who have acid reflux too/heartburn. Overall, they can be good for you.

Those are all great foods to incorporate in a healthy diet. Berries for the antioxidants. Oatmeal for fiber. Olive oil and avocado for fats. Spinach and broccoli for iron and fiber. I've got to get in the habit of green tea though.....

• laeashanicole  »  Ellemarie0708

Hello, I was reviewing the thread and see that we have the same surgery date. Hopefully, we can keep in touch! Good Luck!
      · 0 replies
  • Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

1. Get Your Grill On!

Posted in: Food & Nutrition
      Rene Norman, RD/LD
    2. 3 Ways to Break Through a Plateau

Posted in: Plateaus and Regain
      Katy Harvey, MS, RD, LD, CEDRD
    3. How I Conquered My 20th High School Reunion

Posted in: Body Image
      Nanette Adams, M.Ed., LPC
    4. Lose Weight without Surgery

Posted in: Pre-Op Support
      My Bariatric Life
    5. Food Addiction: FAIR and FIRM Video (Part 2)

Posted in: Food & Nutrition
      Connie Stapleton, PhD
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs