Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Diet & Dumping...and maybe ovarian cancer

I have been a little MIA for a while trying to finish up my final graduate school classes-and I finally graduated!

In the midst of the last year I've had some regain and trying to lose it. i'm also dealing with a ball out of left field- a possible cancer diagnosis. I have had a very persistent ovarian cyst for about 15 months. I've changed forms of birth control during that time and the thing has grown and shrunk multiple times. My Ob-Gyn has been very appropriate, following the ACOG rules and seeing me every few months and doing many MANY ultrasounds. Now it's changing and I'm having some strange symptoms that she (nor I) will dismiss- and Friday I had a CA-125 blood test.

Because I'm a nurse and going through Nurse Practitioner education right now I have access to very professional scientific databases of research. The research has shown over and over that a Ketogenic diet seems to show great results in various types of cancer treatment. This has to do with the fact that insulin/glucose cycle feeds tumors and on a Keto approach you drop your glucose intake and stabilize insulin resistance...

So today i'm doing some cooking and tomorrow the hubs and I will embark on a full blown Keto journey. i'm a bit nervous because without a gall bladder i'm sure i'll have some dumping syndrome, but in any case my doctor ALSO fully endorsed this approach when I saw her-which I was happy about (since many doctors look at you with glazed eyes when you mention any change in eating). I know that many bariatric folks don't do keto but this is much more than a weight loss attempt right now- it could be my life on the line...

Thank you for letting me ramble. I would just like to ask each of you-regardless of which religious/spiritual approach you take, to please pray for me/send me positive thoughts,vibes, etc. I really need them and will update as I know more in the next 2 weeks.

I will definitely be praying for you! Peace and healing to you! 🙏🏻

Congratulations on graduating. I am 4 years post-op RNY gastric bypass surgery and since I transitioned to the maintenance phase at around 7 months post-op, my meal plan has been very similar to a Ketogenic diet. I will pray that you overcome your problem.

@mi75

Some people in my Facebook Keto groups have been able to see some tumor shrinkage eating Keto.

If use facebook, look for some Keto groups, there are lots of cancer patients seeing great results.

thank you everybody for your support. Well the blood test came back with good results, the blood level doesn't indicate malignancy, however the number is a baseline number and I'll have a secondary test done in 10 days. if there is any change, then we have a problem. Diet isn't going so well. Eating the increased fat gave me some serious episodes of dumping syndrome. Like really bad. So i'm trying to just stay on track with lower carb and eating as whole/natural as possible. I am focusing on plants and organic foods, pastured meats and have been reading the Primal Blueprint.

PRAISE GOD- no cancer. doc has reviewed almost a year worth of ultrasounds, multiple blood draws and looked at everything. I am well, no surgery necessary.

now it's time to get back to really focusing on ME and my health. trying hard to get back on track and get my regain to be 'relost'!!

thank you all for support, prayers etc. so glad to report this.

Congratulations! Super news!!!