Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Restriction and Hungry

I hear ya! Today is the 1st day that I have wanted to eat and eat and eat some more, but I am fighting it. I have not lost any weight in the past 2 weeks and I just started solids on Friday. It is like my body has said enough is enough! :angry

I have moved myself into solids, but I am being very careful when I eat to pay attention. I do not want it to come back up.

I wonder if it hurts the band if you don't feel anything? I wonder if I am stretching out anything?

I have a fear that I will go in for a fill and they will say I have blown it all out of whack!

Hi all! I know how you feel. Was banded on 13 Sep in Australia and have progressed to solid foods already (Dr said it was fine) but I feel no restriction!!! Am scared of gaining weight back. Have lost 11kg since began on the Optifast stage but terrified that this is as good as it gets. Want my Dr to a max fill ASAP! Others feel this way?

I do not feel restriction either unless I go past the level I should not go past-usually 3/4 cup or more I become very uncomfortable hence the restriction w/o a fill- I have heard most people feel no restriction until their 3rd fill.So what i did to help control myself was I bought little plastic cups and bowls- the ones toddlers use to help me gage what portions I should be eating-then once i am done that is it- I stop.

I'm also in the same situation. I'm on week 3 and feel no restricion and want to eat, eat, eat. I only eat when hungry but some days I am more hungry than others. I feel like my old habits sneak a peek at times leaving me frustrated and defeated. I don't know what full feels like b/c I think I stop right before, so I haven't had the urge to puke. I am so frustrated. Hope things get better.

I called my dr today to make sure I wouldn't cause myself any damage. Well...was told to hold off on the solids and stick to the pudding consistency foods. Aahhhhh! Not what I wanted to hear. I am going to try to do my very best to stick with what I am supposed to have! Only 8 more days until my first fill!

Hi, am seeing my Dr today - hopefully will have my first fill cause I am feeling hungry and have no sense of restriction really. Also have felt like binging and have strayed by eating some Pringles - I know it was so wrong but I couldn't stop myself! Hope the fill will get things under control

SkinnyMartini - I'm anxious to know if you felt any restriction w/your first fill? What size band do you have, and how many cc's were put in?

I had 2 cc's put in today and feel no restriction! :eek:

I'm with everyone on this one! i'm going for my first fill tues oct 16th the past few weeks i feel like i am back to my normal self before surgery and it sure makes ya think am i going to fail at this? I am also hoping once i have my first fill it will be down hill in a good way. I've lost 10lbs the first week of surgery and haven't lost a pound since then.

I just learned there are different size bands i have no clue what size i have does anyone know why there are there are two sizes and how does the surgeon determine what sz to use?

cindy

Cin, also lost 10 lbs about the first week or so and no more. My old habits are back also. I hate this. I really hope the first fill is the trick. I have read you really get some good restrictions with fills, i would love to lose another 10 by Thanksgiving then another 10 New Years. My band is Inamed 9.75. What's yours?

I don't know what my band size is i just found out a few weeks after my surgery which was sept 7th 07 that there are different size bands i have my post-op visit tues oct 16th so i will ask when i go what i have. I also heard that it might take a few fills before you really start to lose wt. i am thinking postive but after yrs of dieiting and always failing i still have the same negative thoughts instilled in my head time will soon tell how the fills are working.

good luck i'll keep you posted.

cindy

I completely understand the negative past dieting thoughts. I tell myself I will not weigh every morning and there I am... In the the raw weighing in before my shower. My hardest critic told me today I look like I was losing weight and how proud of me she was. I can't see it yet especially since the scales says I have gained 4 lbs from the 10 I lost. I know it will come, but I want it now. Keep us posted, I don;t get filled until 2nd week in November.

Hi, I got my first fill on Friday 2CC - still no real restriction. Voodahbah - I know how you feel with no restriction! Am going back to the Dr in 2 weeks again to get another fill. He wants me to rapidly get to restriction to help with the weightloss.

I am a week out of my first fill which was conservative of .6 cc's. I can tell NO difference and was told it could take 2 weeks to feel a change and if after three weeks still no change to call back for another fill. So basically I am just dieting. Eating little bits and feeling hungry even when I am done eating. Its miserable.