Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm curious if anyone is planning to use Gatorade G2 during post-op liquids. I see a lot of people on YouTube including it in liquid grocery hauls, but the stats on the kind I bought show too much sugar for my guidelines: 12 grams of carb, all sugar. 5 is my max.

I got a little nervous bc my nutritionist said I could drink it and when I asked what about the sugar, she said there's no sugar in it. Is there a different type I should be looking for?

My plan is to not drink it but use Vitaminwater Zero instead when I want some non-plain-water flavor.

I'm curious if anyone is planning to use Gatorade G2 during post-op liquids. I see a lot of people on YouTube including it in liquid grocery hauls, but the stats on the kind I bought show too much sugar for my guidelines: 12 grams of carb, all sugar. 5 is my max.
I got a little nervous bc my nutritionist said I could drink it and when I asked what about the sugar, she said there's no sugar in it. Is there a different type I should be looking for?
My plan is to not drink it but use Vitaminwater Zero instead when I want some non-plain-water flavor.

My nutritionist also told me I was allowed to drink it. It still has sugar, just not as much as the regular. Powerade Zero is awesome! No sugar and great flavors. I also go to Wal-Mart and buy sugar-free juice packets...there's a bunch of varieties. I personally love the hawaiian punch and crush flavors. Oh and costco has this drink that is similar to Vitamin Water and sugar-free also

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Tiale said:

My nutritionist also told me I was allowed to drink it. It still has sugar, just not as much as the regular. Powerade Zero is awesome! No sugar and great flavors. I also go to Wal-Mart and buy sugar-free juice packets...there's a bunch of varieties. I personally love the hawaiian punch and crush flavors. Oh and costco has this drink that is similar to Vitamin Water and sugar-free also

Thanks! I haven't tried Powerade Zero yet, will get some. I have some packets and drops but for some reason I'm not into them. My favorite drink right now is actually Hint Water in cherry - it's just water + fruit essence, not sweet and just a hint of flavor as the name says but refreshing when you want a change from plain water.

Thanks! I haven't tried Powerade Zero yet, will get some. I have some packets and drops but for some reason I'm not into them. My favorite drink right now is actually Hint Water in cherry - it's just water + fruit essence, not sweet and just a hint of flavor as the name says but refreshing when you want a change from plain water.

Your welcome, do you have a Water Infuser? There are big pitcher ones for the fridge and cute portable ones.

I almost bought G2, because I swore it didn't have any sugar in it--it was a good thing I checked!

4 hours ago, Tiale said:

Your welcome, do you have a Water Infuser? There are big pitcher ones for the fridge and cute portable ones.

I do but I forgot about it, so thanks for mentioning!

I second the recommendation of going with Powerade Zero. Flavors are pretty good and no carbs/cals to worry about. Another one to try are the Propel waters. Those are also no carbs/cals. More limited on the flavors but can be a nice change of pace. There's also Crystal Light or the Walmart brand equivalent (cheaper and you get more packs per container). About 2-3 weeks out I started mixing in some of the diet Cranberry Ocean Spray into my Crystal Light. I'd do 3/4 of a glass with the CL and 1/4 of it with the cranberry. Of course check with your nut to see if it's okay. I was approved for it in limited amounts, thus why I mixed it in with something else.

I was one that had a big taste change after surgery. Things I loved prior to surgery tasted awful afterwards for about 2 weeks. Variety is a big help and I'd also avoid stocking up on any one thing/flavor.

G2 adds to my acid reflux so i'm sure it will be worse after the sleeve..... just sharing :)