Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else having stricture issues after RNY?

I had RNY on 2/9/17. I had my first dilation on 3/8/17. It worked for a couple of weeks, but then I got another stricture. On 3/30/17 they decided to pit in a stint so I wouldn't have to keep coming back in due to strictures. The first day I felt fantastic, but then I had trouble with nausea and diarrhea. Five days after the stint procedure I talked with the nurse and she suggested I stop taking the medication they gave me to prevent gallstones. Apparently the Med can cause symptoms of nausea and diarrhea. I stopped the Med last Tuesday and the nausea has stopped but I'm still having trouble with diarrhea and the food still feelsvlike it won't go down.

Has anyone else experienced issues with a stint? I wish I never had this surgery. Not to mention with all the problems I've had I have only lost 24 lbs.

I had two strictures - but they never had to put a stent in me. I hope they can figure out what the problem is. Sorry you're going through it! I'd only lost 28 lbs by two months out, and I've lost a total of 230 lbs, so don't lose hope! Some people just lose slower than others.

I had two strictures - but they never had to put a stent in me. I hope they can figure out what the problem is. Sorry you're going through it! I'd only lost 28 lbs by two months out, and I've lost a total of 230 lbs, so don't lose hope! Some people just lose slower than others.

Thank you. I'm going to call the Dr's office tomorrow to explain my circumstance and see what they suggest. It seems like I call once a week lately so they should recognize my name. Lol!

PS - Congratulations on your total weight loss. That's incredible. How long did it take to lose all your weight? I need to lose 60 more lbs.

I lost 57 lbs of it pre-op (between the six-month supervised diet and the two-week pre-op diet). The rest took me 18 months. Starting weight was 373; current weight is 143. At the beginning, I would have been ecstatic to get down to 200. I would have never in my wildest dreams thought I'd *ever* get below 150!

Hi. I have two strictures and a twisted sleeve. I had my surgery in October of 2016 and have had 6 dilations since. The surgeon finally decided it was time to try a stent. I'm currently waiting for the surgeon to call to schedule my stent placement. He said it will be In about 6 weeks and then come out. Is the stent painful? Also, did you stay over night at the hospital?